Zombot Plank Walker is the boss of Pirate Seas in Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is the last zombie encountered in Pirate Seas. It is encountered in Pirate Seas - Day 25, Pirate Seas - Day 35, and possibly Modern Day - Day 32. It is controlled by Dr. Zomboss.
Zombot Plank Walker
Zombot Plank Walker
The plant plundering privateer of the high seas.
Special: cannon can rain down imps past your defenses
"Hoist the mizzemast, batten down the hatches! 15 zombies on a dead man's boat, yo ho ho and a bucket of brains!" Dr. Zomboss had to admit he was really getting into this whole pirate thing. Though he never thought he'd be on a boat on a boat.
The Zombot Plank Walker approximately absorbs 26500 damage per shot, and its appearance changes upon absorbing 5500 and 15500 damage per shot, before dying at 26500 damage per shot.
The Zombot Plank Walker randomly performs one of the following actions:
|1||5500|| (summons )|
|2||10000|| (summons ) (summons )|
China only: (summons )
|3||11000|| (summons ) (summons ) (summons )|
China only: (summons )
Pirate Seas - Day 35
|1||1000||(summons ) (summons )|
|2||5000||(summons ) (summons )|
|3||11000||(summons ) (summons )|
- The "eye" will open and reveal a cannon. It will then fire six Imp Pirate Zombies into the third or fourth column resembling the Imp Cannon's explosion. Using Plant Food from any plant except for Kernel-pult, Chili Bean and Tall-nut can prevent it. Spikeweed's Plant Food effect can also stop it.
- It will tap the ground, step back, and charge, destroying any plants and zombies in two rows, stopping near the lawn mowers and jumping back. As with the Zombot Sphinx-inator's similar attack, using Plant Food can prevent it. It will also stop and be stunned if it collides with a Cherry Bomb.
- Although any Plant Food power-up will work, Spikeweed's is the least recommended plant to be used against this attack. Spikeweed's will pull the Zombot Plank Walker and stop it for a short while, although this is shorter than the period it would be stunned with other Plant Food power-ups. Also, that can be a bad idea since the Zombot will destroy the player's plants, but not the zombies.
- Using Kernel-pult's Plant Food effect works most of the time to stop his charge attack. But sometimes, especially in stage three of the health bar of the Zombot, it is unfazed by Kernel-pult's Plant Food effect when it is doing its charge and will proceed to destroy plants from both lanes anyway.
|Zombot Plank Walker Intro|
- Dr. Zomboss has an eye-patch on his left eye just like a pirate. It is the same eye missing from his face for his hologram when the player defeats him.
- Zombot Plank Walker looks like a ship with cannons attached to it and anchors as its legs.
- Zombot Plant Walker has a single eye just like the Zombot Sphinx-inator, the Zombot War Wagon, and the Zombot Tomorrow-tron. These variations also resemble spider-like monsters.
- If the player uses Plant Food on a Spikeweed before it jumps, it will teleport to where it was jumping to.
- The in-game Zombot Plank Walker has the letter "Z" on its flag, while some pictures do not.
- It is the only Zombot that does not have two joysticks for Dr. Zomboss to control; instead, it has a steering wheel.
- Zombot Plank Walker and Zombot Dark Dragon are the only Zombots which can utilize Imp variants in their attacks.
- There is a glitch in its Almanac icon where part of it is "sliced."
- For some reason, when you stun the Zombot Plank Walker, the Imp Pirate Zombie on it along with the rope it's tied to disappear for a few seconds.
- Also, if you look closely at the nails on the Zombot's legs while it's stunned, they became smaller for a bit.
- This is the only Zombot that does not summon Basic Zombies.
- If the Zombot is defeated then the player plants a Spikeweed underneath it, it will attack the Zombot.
- This also happens to it with the Zombot Sphinx-inator, Citron with the Zombot War Wagon and Zombot Tomorrow-tron, Guacodile with the Zombot Dark Dragon, Stallia with Zombot Tuskmaster 10,000 BC, Endurian, Stallia and Phat Beet with Zombot Aerostatic Gondola and Primal Potato Mine, Nightshade, and Grimrose with Zombot Dinotronic Mechasaur.
- In addition, if the player feeds a Spikeweed with Plant Food, the defeated Zombot will not get pulled to Spikeweed but still receive the damage.
- The almanac entry references the book "Treasure Island" by Robert Louis Stevenson, specifically the part that says "15 zombies on a dead man's boat, yo ho ho and a bucket of brains." This references the commonly repeated line in the book "Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum."
- Its name, Zombot Plank Walker, references to the pirate term, "Walk the plank."
- In the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2, it along with the Zombot War Wagon and the Zombot Tomorrow-tron were not added until the 1.8.0 update.
- When summoning an Imp Cannon in the Chinese version, the Cannon will immediately move back until it reaches the rightmost area of the lawn.