Zombie Nimble Zombie Quick is a Pool mini-game in Plants vs. Zombies, Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West, and Plants vs. Zombies: Great Wall Edition where the game runs at twice as fast as other ‘normal’ levels. This includes the speed and rate/pace of both zombies, plants, plants’ projectiles, falling sun, and Seed packets’ recharge. This mini-game is not available in the Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSiWare versions.
The name is remixed from the line “Jack be nimble, Jack be quick” from the English nursery rhyme Jack Be Nimble. The name signifies that zombies move and act at faster-than-normal paces, although the whole gameplay – not just zombies – is sped-up in-level.
- Main article: Zombie Nimble Zombie Quick/Strategies
Besides that the player should practice with a double-speed reaction pace, normal pool strategies apply otherwise. The variety of zombies reduces the difficulty of the double-speed mini-game, with only Pole Vaulting Zombies, Dolphin Rider Zombies and no Buckethead Zombies. Should players find the double-speed gameplay too hasteful, Snow Peas, Kernel-pults, Ice-shrooms, and Winter Melons are useful to slow down and/or paralyze the faster-than-normal zombies.
Beware that before jumping, Pole Vaulting Zombies runs thrice as fast as typical zombies outside this mini-game, wheras Dolphin Rider Zombies swim at an insane quadruple speed. With these jumping zombies entering the lawn frequently (nearly every wave), The double-speed gameplay makes quick reactions very challenging, thus players should prepare ahead during the early stages of the mini-game where the challenge is not as stressful. Tall-nuts are very useful for a jump-blocking line of defence, while Split Peas and Gloom-shrooms can attack them even after they jump over them. Should an emergency arise, cheap plants like Lily Pads, Puff-shroom or Sunflower, can stall any zombie if necessary.
- In this level, zombies slowed down by freezing plants move at the speed of themselves on a normal level. This indicates that the gameplay is at double speed while freezing zombies move/act at half speed.
- Hence, speed-hacking the game to 0.5× adjusts this mini-game’s speed to those of normal levels.
- Besides hybriding to this mini-game, speed-hacking can also speed up any other level by 2× to make gameplay as fast as this mini-game.
- The background music, however, is the only thing not sped up along with gameplay.
- The mini-game icon pictures Pole Vaulting Zombie, after their speed and high concentration in-level.
- The PC icon shows Pole Vaulting Zombie's in-game appearance while other versions show its HD picture.
- It, It's Raining Seeds, and Bobsled Bonanza are the only mini-games that have four flags.
- According to the LawnStrings, this mini-game's unused name is “Zombies on Speed”, where ‘speed’ is a slang for amphetamine, methamphetamine, and substituted amphetamines, all of which are illegal drugs.
- Basing on a pun of illegal drugs may be why the name was unused or left simply as an internal name.
- Concerning mouse precision, this mini-game can be easier and less straining on a touchscreen device, where players control with their physical fingers rather than a pointing device (mouse).
- †: Strategy page