Zombie Nimble Zombie Quick is a Pool mini-game in Plants vs. Zombies, Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West, and Plants vs. Zombies: Great Wall Edition where both plants and zombies are twice as fast as normal.
The name is a reference to Jack Be Nimble, an English nursery rhyme.
- Main article: Zombie Nimble Zombie Quick/Strategies
Snow Peas, Kernel-pults, Ice-shrooms, and Winter Melons are very useful here because they slow down and paralyze the zombies, as the zombies move faster than normal. Tall-nuts are also useful because they block the jumping zombies: Pole Vaulting Zombies and Dolphin Rider Zombies. Split Peas and Gloom-shrooms can also be used instead of Tall-nuts because they can still attack Pole Vaulting Zombies and Dolphin Rider Zombie after jumping over them. Planting cheap plants, like the Lily Pad, Puff-shroom and Sunflower, can stall the jumping zombies if necessary. You can also use your strategy for a regular Pool level and strategies against Pole Vaulting Zombies, but you should beware of the speed that the level is played so you can't react too quickly.
- In this level, zombies slowed down by freezing plants move at the speed of themselves on a normal level. This indicates that the gameplay is at doubled speed.
- Hence, speed hacking the game by 0.5× adjusts this minigame's speed to those of normal levels. Speed hacking can also speed up any other level by 2× to make gameplay as fast as this minigame.
- The background music, however, is the only thing not sped up along with gameplay.
- The mini-game icon pictures Pole Vaulting Zombie.
- The PC icon shows Pole Vaulting Zombie's in-game appearance, although other versions show its HD picture.
- It, It's Raining Seeds, and Bobsled Bonanza are the only mini-games that have four flags.
- According to the LawnStrings, this mini-game's unused name is “Zombies on Speed”, where ‘speed’ is a slang for amphetamine, methamphetamine, and substituted amphetamines, all of which are illegal drugs.
- Using a pun based on illegal drugs may be why the name was unused or left simply as an internal name.
- This mini-game is much easier on a mobile device, as the player can move their fingers around to plant faster than they can move their mouse cursor on a computer.
- †: Strategy page