Zombie Medusa is a zombie that can only be encountered in Penny's Pursuit in Plants vs. Zombies 2. She pushes large mounds of stone that contains a Bust Head Zombie in a similar manner to Troglobite and Arcade Zombie. She is also able to instantly petrify hypnotized zombies as well as Zoybean Pod's zomboids and replace them with a stone slab that absorbs plant attacks.
She cannot push her Stone block when there is any of these following grid items in a tile after a Stone block:
- Power Tiles
- Lily Pad
- Sap from Sap-fling (and its Plant Food effect)
- Lava puddle from Lava Guava
- Gold Tile
- Wisp from Jack O' Lantern
- Seeds from Bombegranate
- Scoring tiles in Arena
Zombie Medusa pushes petrified zombies in stone blocks as well as stoneifying zombies and zomboids that face her.
Hailing originally from Greece but thriving in Rome, Zombie Medusa takes advice from her snakes based on their charisma and shared personal hisssstory.
Zombie Medusa is very dangerous when you have Zoybean Pod or any plants that can hypnotize zombies. Even without them, she can still push dangerous Bust Head Zombies. Try stalling her by planting Stunion, Iceberg Lettuce or Stallia. You can also use plants that can push back zombies such as Hurrikale which will prevent her from pushing the statues. Besides preventing her from pushing the statues, you can defeat her by using certain edible plants such as Chili Bean.
If she is pushing statues, plants like Hot Date, Sweet Potato, and Garlic can divert her. Snap Pea, if properly supported, is also a good counter since he can eat Medusa instantly, and the Medusa head has the ability to petrify other zombies when he launches it.
List of the effects that Zombie Medusa is immune to (even when the plant is boosted):
- Hypnotized by Hypno-shroom, Caulipower, and Enchant-mint.
- Poisoned by Shadow-shroom, Level 5+ Stunion, Goo Peashooter, Ail-mint and Puffball.
- Turned into an Imp by Imp Pear.
- Any stunning effect (except freezing and Kernel-pult's butter)
- The transformation effect of Witch Hazel, instead treating it as damage.
- Teleported by Hocus Crocus.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Zombie Medusa.
- Her Almanac icon is a bit different than the ones in the game; it shows that her face doesn't have a black tone covering her face.
- She will petrify zombies that face her by any way, not only by hypnotizing. That means she can turn the zombies that turn around by Sweet Potato and Hot Date's plant food into stones even if they are not hypnotized.
- Even Medusa herself can also be petrified if there are 2 Zombie Medusa facing each other on the same row. However, the Medusa that turns around cannot petrify zombies and is instead vulnerable to the other Medusa.
- She has pupils that are different than those of other zombies the rest of the series, and they are similar to a snake's eyes.
- This is currently the only zombie in the series to have different pupils.
- The petrified stones can be hypnotized and act as obstacles for the zombies. This can be done by using the Hypnotize Zombie Perk in Penny's Pursuit.
- Like Octo Zombie, Zombie Medusa has animals covering her face. In her case, they are snakes.