- Not to be confused with Talking Zombatar, a canceled Plants vs. Zombies game with a similar name.
Zombatar is a feature available in multiple sectors of Plants vs. Zombies paraphernalia. It allows the customization of a personalized zombie through decoration using various ornaments. The Zombatar is available on the Game of the Year, Nintendo DS, and PlayStation Vita versions of Plants vs. Zombies.
Zombatar Info (Mac)
- <If a player drags the Mac version of Plants vs. Zombies into the MacOS finder, right clicks, selects Show Package Contents, opens Contents, Resources, and properties, and if the player clicks ZombatarTOS.txt, then the player will read:
Zombatar License Agreement
Supplemental License Terms for Zombatar
THESE SUPPLEMENTAL LICENSE TERMS, ALONG WITH THE END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT, APPLY TO YOUR CREATION AND USE OF A ZOMBATAR AND TOGETHER THEY FORM A BINDING LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN POPCAP GAMES, INC. (POPCAP) AND YOU AND, IF APPLICABLE, THE COMPANY OR OTHER LEGAL ENTITY YOU REPRESENT (COLLECTIVELY, YOU AND YOUR). BY CREATING AND USING A ZOMBATAR, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE SUPPLEMENTAL TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE SUPPLEMENTAL TERMS, YOU MAY NOT CREATE OR USE A ZOMBATAR.
PopCap grants to you a personal, limited, revocable, non-transferable license to use the Game to create your own customized zombie (a Zombatar). Any Zombatar you create is part of the Game and therefore is the property of PopCap and/or its third party licensors and is protected by United States and international copyright laws and treaties. PopCap and/or its third party licensors retain all right, title and interest in any Zombatar you create and reserve all rights not expressly granted under these Supplemental License Terms.
You may access and use a Zombatar you create only for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, sell, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to gain access to a Zombatar you create by using the Game. You are free to reproduce, distribute, transmit, and publicly display a Zombatar you create subject to the following conditions: ï You may not use a Zombatar for commercial purposes, business purposes or in advertising of any kind without the express written permission of PopCap. ï You may not distribute a Zombatar with the following types of content: ï content in violation of third party rights including, but not limited to: copyrights (including copyrighted music), trademark, right of publicity or any other proprietary rights; ï content portraying libelous, defamatory, disparaging, tortuous or slanderous materials; ï content portraying pornography, adult-oriented content or any other sexually-explicit material; ï content portraying lotteries or gambling; ï content portraying excessive explicit or offensive language or content; ï content portraying promotion of illegal activities; ï content portraying tobacco, alcohol or drugs; ï content that portrays or promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation; ï content that denigrates, disparages or reflects negatively on PopCap, or its products or its employees, or any other person, company, product or service or that disparages PopCap's competitors.You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless PopCap, its affiliates, subsidiaries, service providers, distributors, licensors, officers, directors and employees from any claim, loss, damage, liability, including reasonable attorneys fees, arising out of or related to your use of a Zombatar, your violation of these Supplemental License Terms, or your violation of applicable law, rule, regulation or third party right.
About ZombatarIn the Game of the Year Version, PC and PlayStation Vita versions of Plants vs. Zombies, the Zombatar will replace the Flag Zombie during the arrival of huge waves. Keep in mind that the default Flag Zombies will not appear at all, unless the player makes the Zombatar look like one or there is no made Zombatar. If the player makes multiple Zombatars, one of them will be randomly decided to appear at each flag.
In the Nintendo DS version of Plants vs. Zombies, the Zombatar is used in Versus Mode to identify the winning player.
The official website suggests using Zombatars for a Facebook profile picture, a Twitter profile picture, a Steam profile picture, or to scare one's mom.
- Hairstyle - the hair the zombie has
- Clothes - the clothes the zombie wears
- Facial Hair - the zombie's facial hair design
- Tidbits - eye-related accessories such as eyebrows
- Eyewear - whether or not the zombie wears glasses
- Skin Color - the color of the zombie's skin (doesn't change in gameplay)
- Accessories - any extra facial accessories
- Backdrop - custom background the zombie has
Note that the skin color and clothes appear like a normal Zombie's in-game.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Zombatar.
- The word "Zombatar" is a portmanteau of "zombie" and "avatar."
- The PlayStation Vita version of Plants vs. Zombies has a glitch that Zombatars cannot be deleted. Instead, it says "Missing action/prompt/delete". This was fixed in the 1.02 update. It still works if the player turns off Touchscreen controls.
- There is a glitch that causes the Zombatar's clothes option to become a spike collar (an accessory). With this, the avatar appears to have two accessories, the spike collar, and any other accessory. In-game, however, there is only one accessory (the one chosen in the accessory field).
- When a Zombatar is made, regular Flag Zombies will not appear (unless there is one made by the player).
- In addition, the jaws of Flag Zombies with the faces of Zombatars will not move, even if the Zombatar has the design of a regular Zombie.
- Since Flag Zombies do not appear on the seed selection screen, the Zombatars do not appear either.
- In the online version of the Zombatar, there are much more accessories.