ZomBotany 2 is the seventeenth mini-game in Plants vs. Zombies, Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West, and Plants vs. Zombies: Great Wall Edition. It is a more challenging and difficult version of ZomBotany. It is mainly known for the plant and zombie hybrids. Unlike its predecessor, the events of ZomBotany 2 unfold in a Pool setting instead of a Day setting.
- Main article: ZomBotany 2/Strategies
- Potato Mine
- Lily Pad
- Cherry Bomb
- See ZomBotany for more trivia.
- If the player hypnotizes a Peashooter Zombie or a Gatling Pea Zombie, it will still shoot at his or her plants through the back of its head. However, it will eat other zombies.
- If the player hypnotizes a Jalapeno Zombie, it will explode once it leaves the screen and destroys the player's plants, despite being a friendly comrade.
- It and Air Raid both use Gatling Pea and they can still be accessed without buying it from Crazy Dave's Crazy Dave's Twiddydinkies.
- Despite having about the same health as a Gargantuar, a Tall-nut Zombie can be instantly defeated by a Chomper. A Cherry Bomb, Jalapeno, Doom-shroom, Squash, or Potato Mine will cause 90 damage but will not completely kill it. It also share this with the giga version of Football Zombie.
- When a Cherry Bomb, Jalapeno, Doom-shroom, Squash, or Potato Mine try to instant kill it, its head will not have any degrades, despite losing 90 health.
- Even though freezing Peashooter Zombies with Ice-shrooms or butter prevents them from shooting peas, slowing them down with Snow Peas, Winter Melons, or the residue left behind by Ice-shrooms do not hamper that ability.
- Editing this mini-game's data file (32.dat) to a separate file makes ambush zombies appear in the pool. These ambush zombies are always Ducky Tube normal Zombies.
- Apparently, the zombies' instant kills are stronger than that of the plants' instant kills, since the Squash Zombie can kill the Tall-nut in one hit while the plant Squash requires two hits to kill the Tall-nut Zombie. There are exceptions, like the Jalapeno and the Jalapeno Zombie.
- In the iPad version, the Gatling Pea Zombie's head looks as the kind of floating off the body, with a stem supporting the head.
- In the icon for the iPad version, it shows a Jalapeno Zombie and a Gatling Pea Zombie at night, though they do not appear in that stage anywhere.
- According to LawnStrings, this mini-game's original name was going to be War and Peas 2, with "War and Peas" mostly likely being a pun on "War and Peace."
- A box with the words "War and Peas" is visible in Crazy Dave's Twiddydinkies.
- In the iPhone and Android icon for this mini-game, it has Gatling Pea Zombie instead of Peashooter Zombie on it.
- Gatling Pea Zombie also has a visible stem where the neck is and has no eyebrows.
- Upon restarting many times, there is a chance that Jalapeno Zombie will not appear.