- For other uses, see Z-Mech (disambiguation).
Z-Mech is a zombie that can only be found in Arena and Penny's Pursuit in Plants vs. Zombies 2. He will advance to the 7th column while in an invulnerable force field, and when spawned will crush any plant that he is on with his mecha suit. After reaching the 7th column, he will summon Jetpack Zombies or Blastronaut Zombies around him, and will also summon several Bug Bot Imps at random columns, lanes, and tiles, and will target a random plant with a missile similar to that used by Dr. Zomboss. After a while, he will leave the lawn.
It also cannot be slowed or stunned by any plant except E.M.Peach.
Deploys a set of summoning and teleportation technologies to harass, damage and otherwise imperil plants on the board.
Z-Mech is taking time out from his PvZ Heroes and PvZ Garden Warfare duties to bring his unique brand of destruction to Plants vs. Zombies 2. Don't worry, though; he's cleared it with his manager.
Z-Mech is armed with 4 special attacks, sure to leave a dent in your defenses:
- Spider Rain: When using this attack, Z-Mech will call in Bug Bot Imps to rain from the sky.
- Teleport: Z-Mech will teleport some other zombies closer to your house.
- Orbital Strike: When using this attack, Z-Mech will launch missiles around the lawn, which can destroy plants.
- His final ability does not have a name, but when using it, Z-Mech will call in Jetpack Zombies, Disco Jetpack Zombies and Blastronaut Zombies to aid him in battle.
|Phase||Length||Health||Points on defeat||Attacks|
|1||45 seconds||10,000 dps||75,000||Summons Bug Bot Imps (Spider Rain) and teleports zombies|
|2||40 seconds||12,500 dps||100,000||Fires missiles at plants (Orbital Strike), Spider Rain drops more Bug Bot Imps, and he can teleport zombies further|
|3||35 seconds||14,000 dps||125,000||Orbital Strike fires even more rockets, he will now summon Jetpack Zombies, Disco Jetpack Zombies and Blastronaut Zombies, Spider Rain can drop even more Bug Bot Imps, and he will still teleport zombies, targeting the ones closest to your house.|
The Z-Mech absorbs 14000 damage and can summon Bug Bot Imps (Spider Rain), launch missiles at plants which creates charred tiles (Orbital Strike), and teleport zombies closer to the house. In its final stage, which can be engaged through surviving 85 seconds with it on screen, it will summon Jetpack Zombies, Disco Jetpack Zombies, and Blastronaut Zombies.
This zombie can a problematic threat during certain Arena tournaments and Penny's Pursuit levels. As Z-Mech has an extremely high amount of health, defeating one garners a lot of points in Arena.
Instant-kills such as Primal Potato Mine, Squash, Grapeshot, or Bombard-mint can be considered a good option to help deal heavy damage against the Z-Mech. Be careful that the Z-Mech has a number of attacks that can be threatening to your lawn such as summoning Bug Bot Imps, teleporting zombies closer to the house, or firing missiles to destroy your plants. Once it reaches its final stage, it can summon Disco Jetpack Zombies and Blastronaut Zombies to make the battle against Z-Mech more difficult. Remember that Blover and Hurrikale can only blow away Disco Jetpack Zombies and Blastronaut Zombies, not Z-Mech itself.
Depending on your Arena league, defeating Z-Mech may or may not be possible regardless of your plant's levels. For lower leagues, higher-level instant-kills can be considered a viable option to defeat Z-Mech, but for higher leagues, Z-Mech has too much health to be able to defeated.
- For no reason, the Imp will teleport Zomboids, and hypnotized zombies and also defeated ones closer to your house.
- He breaks the fourth wall in his Almanac entry as he knows that he's in a game.
- Z-Mech reuses Dr. Zomboss' laughs when he shoots a missile and whenever he summons his zombies.
- He is invulnerable when he isn't inside his robot.
- That is because of his force field he hovers inside. (the force field won't break)
- Like his PvZH counterpart, he shoots the missiles out of his arm blaster instead of over his head.
- When he is defeated for the third time, the charred imp animation has the imp with no pupils.
- He has the most health out of all the zombies, excluding Dr. Zomboss' Zombots, absorbing 14000 damage. However, he often takes more than that due to Arena's multiplier.
- The disco ball satellite he displays when he summons Bug Bot Imps is similar to the Disco-tron 3000's.
- Whenever he takes out his disco ball satellite, if one looks at the robot's hips, the hips shake from side to side as is he is grooving.
- He is not considered to be in the air nor can he be knocked back. This is evident if he somehow spawns on the water tiles of Pirate Seas. He will create multiple splashes even when hovering and before he summons his Z-Mech. After he does, he will take massive damage and self-destruct.
- The words "IMP-JECT" and "ERROR" can be seen whenever Z-Mech robot blows up.
- The word "IMP-JECT" is a portmanteau on the words "imp" and "eject".