- Not to be confused with the lobbed-shot plant Winter Melon.
Winter Melon (冬瓜; pinyin: dōngguā) was a plant from Plants vs. Zombies Online. It was obtained in Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum. It could only be planted on pathways. It rolled along the dug path, and killed all the zombies in its path, similarly to Jalapeno and Giant Wall-nut.
- Hover the image to see the full description.
This is quite literally a weaker and the pathway version of Jalapeno. Do not use it by itself, as it is just an instant use plant, very similar to Jalapeno. Use it for assisting strong plants like Coconut Cannon. This is particularly decent early game, when you need to kill strong zombies, but have no access to a Potato Mine or the like. This plant should be used aggressively, either on the first lane to make full use of its range, or on the 3rd, 4th, or 5th lane, if you need to quickly dispatch zombies, or simply don't want to leave the first row and lane alone for the sole use of this. Note that this is also an instant-kill, so using it to beat tough zombies on pathways, such as Hawker Carts or Archer Zombies would be a good idea.
- It was based on the actual winter melon, while the original one is a literal interpretation of a "winter" melon.
- It also had a completely different appearance from the original Winter Melon.
- It was one of the two plants that could be planted on pathways directly. The second was Sod.
- It was the third plant to share its name with another plant. The first is Bamboo-shoot and the second is Dandelion.
- It and Sod were the only plants obtained in Qin Shi Huang Mausoleum that did not appear in Adventure Mode.
- It was one of the few plants in the game that did not have any costumes.
- It and Jackfruit were similar in function, barring the fact that the latter doesn't do as much damage.