Winter-mint is a Power Mint plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2. When planted, he chills all zombies on the board. He can also boost any Winter-mint Family plants on the lawn by increasing the effectiveness of their properties, such as damage and chill duration.
Winter-mint Family plants include:
Like other Power Mints, Winter-mint cannot be imitated or affected by other mints. He remains on the lawn for 10 seconds at level 1.
Winter-mint can be purchased from the store with 100 mints when he is available.
He is based on the Lamiaceae, also known as mint.
His name is a portmanteau of "winter," referring to his abilities and appearance, and "mint."
Note: The stats shown below only apply to Level 1.
SUN COST: 0
Winter-mints chill all zombies present on the board when planted and provide a temporary boost to all Winter-mint Family plants on the lawn.
Winter-mint Family plants:
Winter-mint has advanced degrees in cryonics and cryogenics, is a master builder of snowmen, and subscribes to season passes at three different ski resorts. He does think it's a little chilly in here, though.
When boosted by Winter-mint, the following plants gain the following effects.
- Cold Snapdragon's damage will increase to 180 DPS, and its Plant Food effect damage will increase to 4000 DPS.
- Iceberg Lettuce will freeze zombies for an additional 20 seconds, zombies will be chilled for 30 seconds when thawed, and it will freeze zombies in a 3x3 area. Note that these changes do not apply to its Plant Food.
- Ice Bloom will have 14 seconds added to its chill duration across the lawn, an additional 6 seconds added to its chill in its immediate 3x3 area, an extra 12 seconds added to its freeze duration across the board, an additional 14 seconds added to its freeze duration in its immediate 3x3 area, it'll do an extra 500 DPS to zombies across the board, and an additional 700 DPS to zombies in its immediate 3x3 area.
- Missile Toe's missile will do an additional 2000 DPS, it's chill duration will increase to 30 seconds, its missile will freeze zombies for seven seconds upon impact, and its reload rate will increase to 12 seconds.
- Snow Pea receives an additional 120 DPS on its chilling pea. Additionally, it'll have a 25% chance to shoot a freezing pea that also does 120 DPS. Finally, its Plant Food chilling peas will receive an additional 30 DPS.
- Winter Melon will receive an additional 160 DPS on its melon (with a splash damage increase of 80 DPS), an additional 15 seconds added to its chill duration, and its Plant Food melons will do an additional 425 DPS.
- Boingsetta will deals 10000 more damage to obstacles, her arming time is decreased to 18 seconds and knock back range is increased to 120. Her Plant Food damage deals to obstacles is increased by 30000, and knock back range is increased to 175.
Note that Winter-mint's recharge is 30 seconds shorter during the Improve-mint event.
|Sun Cost||Recharge||Duration||Toughness||Chill Duration|
|1||0||0||85 seconds||10 seconds||100000 dps||10 seconds|
|2||100||80 seconds||11 seconds||12 seconds|
|3||150||80 seconds||12 seconds||13 seconds|
|4||200||75 seconds||13 seconds||14 seconds|
|5||300||75 seconds||14 seconds||15 seconds|
|6||400||75 seconds||15 seconds||16 seconds|
|7||500||70 seconds||16 seconds||17 seconds|
|8||600||70 seconds||17 seconds||18 seconds|
|9||800||70 seconds||18 seconds||19 seconds|
|10||1,000||60 seconds||19 seconds||20 seconds|
Winter-Mint is heavily reliant on the few plants in his family, and Contain-mint generally does a better job at stalling zombies. Winter-mint has power synergies with Snow Pea and Winter Melon. While Snow Pea is boosted he will have his "chance to freeze" increase, which means he will have higher chances of freezing a zombie and especially a Gargantuar which would prevent them from moving. The increased damage boost + the higher chances of freezing means that zombies will have a very hard time advancing and thus makes it a very powerful combo. Using Winter-Mint with Winter Melon will increase his damage which will deal massive damage with the splash against groups of zombies as well as the chill duration of his melons. It should be worth noting that Cold Snapdragon has too little of a range to be viable, Iceberg Lettuce isn't very useful since zombies are already chilled and slowed and it doesn't have a very good recharge as well.
It is not recommended to bring Winter-mint into levels where you can't lose plants, as, like the other Power Mints, he will disappear after a while.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Winter-mint.
- Despite being a chilling plant, Hurrikale is not part of his family.
- He appears smaller than the rest of the Power Mints.