Winter-mint is a Power Mint plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2. When planted, he chills all zombies on the board. He can also boost any Winter-mint Family plants on the lawn by increasing the effectiveness of their properties, such as damage and chill duration.
Winter-mint Family plants include:
Like other Power Mints, Winter-mint cannot be imitated or affected by other mints. He remains on the lawn for 10 seconds at level 1.
Winter-mint can be purchased from the store with 100 mints when he is available.
He is based on the Lamiaceae, also known as mint.
His name is a portmanteau of "winter," referring to his abilities and appearance, and "mint."
Note: The stats shown below only apply to Level 1.
SUN COST: 0
Winter-mints chill all zombies present on the board when planted and provide a temporary boost to all Winter-mint Family plants on the lawn.
Winter-mint Family plants:
Winter-mint has advanced degrees in cryonics and cryogenics, is a master builder of snowmen, and subscribes to season passes at three different ski resorts. He does think it's a little chilly in here, though.
When boosted by Winter-mint, the following plants gain the following effects.
- Boingsetta will deal an additional 10000 DPS to grid items, its plant food effect will deal an additional 30000 DPS to grid items, and an additional 195 DPS to zombies. Additionally, it will knock zombies back for about 2 tiles, its plant food effect will knock zombies back for about 3 tiles. Finally, Boingsetta's arming time will be reduced to 18 seconds and its chill duration will be increased to 11 seconds, its plant food chill duration will be increased to 15 seconds.
- Cold Snapdragon's damage will increase to 180 DPS, and his Plant Food effect damage will increase to 4000 DPS. He will deal more damage if he is at Mastery level.
- Ice Bloom will have 14 seconds added to her chill duration across the lawn, an additional 6 seconds added to her chill in her immediate 3x3 area, an extra 12 seconds added to her freeze duration across the board, an additional 14 seconds added to her freeze duration in her immediate 3x3 area, she'll do an additional 500 DPS to zombies across the board, and an additional 700 DPS to zombies in her immediate 3x3 area.
- Iceberg Lettuce will freeze zombies for an additional 20 seconds, zombies will be chilled for 30 seconds (or an additional 30 seconds if it is at level 5 or higher) when thawed, and it will freeze zombies in a 3x3 (5x5 if it is at level 16 or higher) area. Note that these changes do not apply to its Plant Food.
- Missile Toe's missile will do an additional 2000 DPS, her chill duration will increase to 30 seconds, her missile will freeze zombies for 7 seconds upon impact, and her reload rate will decrease to 12 seconds.
- Snow Pea receives an additional 120 DPS on its chilling pea. Additionally, it'll have a 25% chance to shoot a freezing pea that also does 120 DPS (or an additional 120 DPS if he is at level 5 or higher). Finally, its Plant Food chilling peas will receive an additional 30 DPS.
- Winter Melon will receive an additional 160 DPS on its melon (with a splash damage increase of 80 DPS), an additional 15 seconds added to its chill duration, and its Plant Food melons will do an additional 425 DPS.
Note that Winter-mint's recharge is 30 seconds shorter during the Improve-mint event.
|Sun Cost||Recharge||Duration||Toughness||Chill Duration|
|1||0||0||85 seconds||10 seconds||100000 dps||10 seconds|
|2||100||80 seconds||11 seconds||12 seconds|
|3||150||80 seconds||12 seconds||13 seconds|
|4||200||75 seconds||13 seconds||14 seconds|
|5||300||75 seconds||14 seconds||15 seconds|
|6||400||75 seconds||15 seconds||16 seconds|
|7||500||70 seconds||16 seconds||17 seconds|
|8||600||70 seconds||17 seconds||18 seconds|
|9||800||70 seconds||18 seconds||19 seconds|
|10||1,000||60 seconds||19 seconds||20 seconds|
Winter-Mint is heavily reliant on the few plants in his family, and Contain-mint generally does a better job at stalling zombies. Winter-mint has power synergies with Snow Pea and Winter Melon. While Snow Pea is boosted, it will its "chance to freeze" increase, which means it will have higher chances of freezing a zombie and especially a Gargantuar which would prevent them from moving. The increased damage boost + the higher chances of freezing means that zombies will have a very hard time advancing and thus makes it a very powerful combo. Using Winter-Mint with Winter Melon will increase its damage which will deal massive damage with the splash against groups of zombies as well as the chill duration of its melons. It should be worth noting that Cold Snapdragon has too little of a range to be viable, Iceberg Lettuce and Ice Bloom aren't very useful since zombies are already chilled and slowed and they don't have a very good recharge as well.
It is not recommended to bring Winter-mint into levels where you can't lose plants, as, like the other Power Mints, he will disappear after a while.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Winter-mint.
- Despite being a chilling plant, Hurrikale is not part of his family.
- He appears smaller than the rest of the Power Mints.
- The way Winter-mint enters the lawn looks like how Aang first appeared in the series Avatar: The Last Air Bender.
- There appears to be something red inside of Winter-mint's body (this could be a gift or a holly berry)