Pay attention to both objectives. Instant-use plants like Potato Mine are not recommended to use, as they count as losing a plant. 2000 sun is pretty small to deal with this level as well. Also, with the presence of the Prospector Zombie with its ability and Poncho Zombie with its health, this level can be even more troubling. Backward attacking plants, like Bonk Choy, are very ideal in this level, to combat the Prospector Zombie. A powerful plant should be used on the minecarts, like Coconut Cannon. Defensive plants should be used, so the player has more time to attack. Area of Effect plants should also come in handy, like Snapdragon, so it can hit zombies efficiently. The constant deployment of zombies also supports using area-of-effect plants.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|5||None||100% Plant Food|
|7||None||600%/7 Plant Food|
|9||+||None||First flag; 100% Plant Food|
|10||None||100% Plant Food|
|15||-4 +2||None||500%/7 Plant Food|
|17||None||100% Plant Food|
|18||2 4 -3 -5 +1||None||Final flag; 400%/7 Plant Food|
Pea Pod Strategy
(Sun-producing plants are not needed. This strategy can work without them)
- First, look again at the first objective. No sun-producing plants are needed in this kind of level. You can do this without them.
- Plant a Pea Pod to be ready. A very smart choice that when the zombie is a bit near your Pea Pod, move the minecart forward to that zombie. (More details: When a zombie is far from minecart track about three tiles)
- This makes you collect more sun. If zombies are killed quickly, the zombies will keep coming very fast, and you will not have enough sun for planting.
- Next, when that Pea Pod defeats two zombies, upgrade it. You may plant one column of Bonk Choy and Wall-nut, but upgrading Pea Pod into a five-headed Pea Pod is much better at first.
- Remember to delay the time to collect sun. The more sun you have, the easier the level will be.
- When your Pea Pod is three-headed, you can start planting Bonk Choy and Wall-nut for Prospector Zombies. This one is very dangerous without Bonk Choy. When it is on the left side, try to let Pea Pod avoid it, and let the Bonk Choy kill it.
- Use Plant Food on Wall-nuts and Bonk Choys when you are in trouble.
- Continue upgrading your Pea Pod if you complete planting Bonk Choys and Wall-nuts.
- Remember to keep moving minecarts. Pea Pod is your reinforcement in each lane.
Melon on a Minecart Strategy
- Required plants:
- First, plant a row of Sunflowers in the leftmost collumn. Plant Kernel-Pults to deal with the zombies as they come.
- If any zombies get too close (or you see a Poncho Zombie with a grate), plant a Wall-nut in the fourth collumn.
- Plant a Melon-Pult on the Minecart and use it to kill zombies on the Wall-nuts or when you see a Poncho Zombie with a grate.
- Before you see the first Prospector Zombie, plant a Split Pea in whatever rows possible in the third collumn. When they come, finish off the Split Pea collumn.
- If needed, use Plant Food on Melon-Pult or a Kernel-Pult
Diagram: S K m P W \n S K m P W S K m P W S K m P W S K m P W S = Sunflower, K = Kernel-Pult, m = Possible Melon-Pult location, P = Split Pea, W = Wall-nut
Plant a column of Sunflowers. Stall the first zombie with a Wall-nut on second column until all Sunflowers are planted. Then use Snapdragons on the third column and Spikeweeds to kill them. Plant a column of Wall-nuts first, then Snapdragons and finally Spikeweed on the first column. This way, only 1750 sun is spent. All Plant Food in this level should go to the Wall-nuts, starting from the most damaged ones. Then you will have a fine game.
Up-to-date strategy that works and has been tested five times with success. (Not sure if this part was necessary, but here you go if you're trying to make sure that this strategy is valid and working)
1. Start planting Sunflowers quickly down column 2.
2. Once you have enough sun, put down Repeaters on column 1 to deal with the first few zombies.
3. Fill up the rest of column 1 with Repeaters.
4. Put a Repeater on the cart. Move it around accordingly to spread damage to the lanes that need it the most.
5. Wall-nut should be used reactively to Poncho Zombies. If one with a grate gets too close to the rail, use a Wall-nut to stall. If things go well you will probably only need it once or not need it at all.
6. Focus on Poncho Zombies (especially the ones with grates) and Prospector Zombies. Should you see either of these zombies, immediately move the Repeater's cart and take them out. If Prospector Zombies are at the back of tough zombies like Coneheads and Ponchos with grates, you can use plant food.
7. Each Repeater can take out only two Prospector Zombies if the dynamite blows. Keep that in mind and don't do anything stupid. Remember, managing the Repeater on the cart is key to winning the level.
- This level is identical to the second star challenge variant of Wild West - Day 4 (except without the "Don't lose any lawn mowers" challenge) before the 1.7 update.
- *: Removed ~: Epic Quest