- For other uses, see Wall-nut (disambiguation).
Wall-nut is the first defensive plant obtained in Plants vs. Zombies 2 and the third unlocked overall. He acts as a shield for the player's other plants, as he has high durability. He is mainly used to stall or block zombies in order to buy time for the player to plant an offensive plant, or for offensive plants to take out zombies with high health.
- For more information about this character, see Wall-nut
Wall-nut is obtained after beating Player's House - Day 2. Wall-nut works the same way as he does in the first game. The player needs to protect them in several Save Our Seeds levels such as Neon Mixtape Tour - Day 5.
Wall-nut absorbs 4000 DPS, changing appearance at 1000, 2000, and 3000 DPS.
Note: The stats shown below only apply to Level 1.
SUN COST: 50
PLANT FOOD POWER: Armor
Wall-nuts have hard shells which you can use to protect your other plants.
Having retired from his days as a champion bowler in the Pro Leagues, Wall-nut is looking forward to a real challenge on the front lines of home defense. DEFENSE! DEFENSE!
Plant Food effect
When boosted by Reinforce-mint, Wall-nut can absorb an additional 8000 DPS and his Plant Food effect will activate.
Wall-nut's Plant Food ability gives him crystal armor, which has 16000 DPS and resistance to one Gargantuar smash.
|Plant Food Power|
|1||0||0||50||20 seconds||15 seconds||4000 dps||8000 dps|
|2||3||50||50||20 seconds||15 seconds||4500 dps|
|3||10||200||50||19 seconds||14 seconds||5000 dps|
|4||25||1,500||50||18 seconds||13 seconds||5500 dps|
|5||50||2,000||50||18 seconds||13 seconds||6000 dps|
|6||75||3,000||50||17 seconds||12 seconds||6500 dps|
|7||100||4,000||50||16 seconds||12 seconds||7000 dps|
|8||125||5,000||50||16 seconds||12 seconds||7500 dps|
|9||175||6,000||50||15 seconds||11 seconds||8000 dps|
|10||225||8,000||50||14 seconds||11 seconds||12000 dps|
|11||300||10,000||50||13.5 seconds||10.5 seconds|
|12||350||15,000||50||13 seconds||10 seconds|
|13||350||20,000||50||12 seconds||10 seconds|
|14||400||25,000||50||11.5 seconds||9.5 seconds|
|15||450||30,000||25||11.5 seconds||9.5 seconds|
|16||500||35,000||25||11.5 seconds||9 seconds||16000 dps|
|17||550||40,000||25||11.5 seconds||9 seconds|
|18||600||45,000||25||11 seconds||8 seconds|
|19||700||50,000||25||10.5 seconds||8 seconds|
|20||800||55,000||25||10 seconds||7 seconds|
*Column shows armor's hitpoints separately.
- Chance to Boost
- Toughness Bonus
Plants vs. Zombies Online
- Hover the image to see the full description.
In Plants vs. Zombies 2, Explode-O-Nut returns as a premium plant. It now acts more like a Wall-nut, with less health but the additional effect of a damaging explosion similar to a Cherry Bomb when it is eaten.
Wall-nut works exactly like it does in Plants vs. Zombies, and thus should be used the same here. The old strategies of Wall-nut with Spikeweed, Spikerock, and Chomper are still effective in this game, and with the addition of melee plants such as Bonk Choy and Snapdragon, Wall-nut has more options of plants to defend.
However, he is also easily outclassed, especially by his primal variation and Pea-nut, the former who can recharge quicker and the latter who can also defend themselves. Wall-nut is cheaper than these two though, so he still has use in levels such as those where only a certain amount of sun can be used.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Wall-nut.
In other languages
|Italian||Muro di noce|
- He is one of the six plants seen in the trailer of Plants vs. Zombies 2 fighting the zombies, the other five are Bonk Choy, Bloomerang, Peashooter, Pea Pod, and Sunflower.
- His Almanac entry mentions that Wall-nut is a retired bowler, which is a reference to the Wall-nut Bowling mini-games from the first game.
- If the player plants a Wall-nut on a minecart, the Shell on Wheels achievement will be earned.
- He, along with Peashooter and Sunflower, are the only plants whose costumes change depending on the season.
- They are also the only plants who do not have a permanent costume.
- In the 1.9 update, there was a texture glitch for Wall-nut's eyes, along with the Snow Pea, Threepeater, and Twin Sunflower.
- If the player has a boosted Wall-nut and places him on an already damaged Wall-nut, the boost will not activate. This is shared with all defensive plants subject to this upgrade.