Wall-Nut Bowling is a premium legendary plant trick card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes and a member of the Guardian class. It costs 9 to play, and its ability makes a Wall-Nut on every ground lane, then does 6 damage on each of the zombies there. If a ground lane is not occupied by a zombie, the zombie hero takes damage instead.
Its card description refers to the special shoes used to play bowling in real life, since the bowling alley has slippery floors that normal shoes cannot walk on. In particular, the description mentions the fact that the shoes usually look less than pleasing to the eye.
- Class: Guardian
- Tribe: Nut Trick
- Abilities: Make a in each Ground lane. Attack for 6 damage in those lanes.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Legendary
Ugly shoes not required!
- ▲ Sun cost change: 10 → 9
If you manage to survive long enough to generate 9 sun, this trick can easily turn the tide to your favor because not only does this generate a Wall-Nut on every ground lane, protecting you and your plants from zombies (that survive the 6 damage), it also does 6 damage on each ground lane, doing huge damage to your opponent per empty lane and destroying all but the bulkiest zombies your opponent plays there.
- Wall-Knight can heal himself so that he can survive longer. He can also ramp up sun to play Wall-Nut Bowling earlier; this is arguably the most powerful synergy out of all inter-class synergies, as ending the game early by overwhelming your opponent has a higher likelihood of working rather than dragging the game until your opponent pulls out the big guns themselves. And finally, Sun Strike is a valuable card if his deck also has Pecanolith.
- Citron and Beta-Carrotina can play this while Go-Nuts is on the field to boost the Wall-Nuts made into 3/6 plants, giving their opponent no option to simply ignore them.
- Grass Knuckles can play this after playing Muscle Sprout to boost it for each Wall-Nut made or before playing Super-Phat Beets to further boost its ability output. He can also play Power Pummel before or after this trick to do 8 damage in each ground lane, although there is a risk of the zombie hero blocking either of them.
- Spudow can use the Spineapple + Berry Angry combo to boost the Wall-Nuts to become a threat to his opponent.
Certain plant missions may have a different number of ground lanes. If there are no ground lanes in a level, don't even bother bringing this card. On the other hand, bringing this card along if there are 4~5 ground lanes is highly recommended.
However, do note that Wall-Nut Bowling is countered hard by Gravestone zombies, who not only intercept the 6 damage, but also nullify it. While you can play Grave Buster on those zombies, you will have to make a lot more sun, 2 for each gravestone. Thus, if your opponent starts spamming gravestones on ground lanes in anticipation of this trick, play something else and conserve Wall-Nut Bowling for later.
Try to cover the ground lanes because you can take up to 18 damage under normal circumstances (where there are three ground lanes), which is enough to finish you off, or severely weaken you so that another plant can defeat you. Since this trick will pretty much destroy any zombies played there (and those that do survive will fall easily to future attacks), it is recommended to use Gravestone zombies or shielding cards (to make your zombies invulnerable to the 6 damage) to basically waste the damaging ability.
The Wall-Nuts made are also quite hard to deal with. Weed Spray would be the best counter since it will destroy all of them, and before the Fight! phase, but if you don't have one, focus on the lane with the most offensive power and destroy the Wall-Nut there as quickly as you can with your strong (or Deadly) zombies after the turn the Wall-Nut is made.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Wall-Nut Bowling (PvZH).