Unicorn Chomper is a Special variant of Chomper in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. The Unicorn Chomper was unlocked by importing a player's Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare characters. If the player reached rank 313, the maximum rank in the first game, they would be awarded the Unicorn Chomper sticker pack. The Unicorn Chomper is also given a unique ability: Rainbow Warp, which makes the Unicorn Chomper quickly run forward a short distance, similar to the Scientist's Warp. This is an alternate ability to the normal Burrow ability, exclusively for this variant. His standard attack was revealed in a live stream to be called the Unicorn Chomp. The deadline to obtain this character was February 28, 2017 (excluding Super Mix Modes), and can no longer be obtained.
With his mystic horn and toothy grin, the Unicorn Chomper isn't just the rarest of the rare, he's the coolest of the cool. Impress and dazzle friends and enemies alike!
Awarded to only the most dedicated Garden Warfare players, the Unicorn Chomper is beyond rare.
- Easy: 105
- Normal: 140
- Hard: 175
- CRAAAAZY: 210
The Unicorn Chomper's primary weapon is called the Unicorn Chomp. It deals 25 damage just like the regular Chomp.
|Hitting targets with the Chomper's ranged Goop attack is a great way to slow them down, making them easier to chomp. They taste better too!|
Super Sticky Goop
|This goop is sooo sticky that Zombies are not even able to move when they get hit by it. Let's say it together... "Now that's Sticky!"|
|If you're sick of being harassed by Zombies on rooftops, the Chomp Cannon is for you. Hock a loogie in their direction with this disgustingly explosive attack!|
|The Chomper's ultimate weapon. He has the ability to tunnel underground and ambush unsuspecting Zombies by emerging under their feet and swallowing them whole!|
|The Sprint Burrow allows the Chomper to move much faster when under the ground, but the range is quite limited.|
|"Transport yourself across short distances with the magical power of rainbows!"|
|Laying Spikeweed traps is a great way to ambush Zombies. If they walk over the Spikeweed, they get ensnared and are easy to chomp.|
|The Spiky Spikeweed deals more damage to Zombies it ensnares, but only a few can be deployed at a time.|
|When a zombie stumbles into a Vampweed, you get a helpful health boost! The zombie isn't hurt, but he probably feels a bit silly falling into your trap.|
Utilize Unicorn Chomper the same way you would with Chomper, due to their stats being the exact same. The key difference between these two, however, is the former's ability to use Rainbow Warp instead of Burrow. This allows for a hit-and-run tactic: warp up to an opponent who is facing away from you, swallow them, and then quickly warp to safety.
Likewise, the two Rainbow Warps can be used for quickly entering or retreating battle.
Similar tactics from Chomper can be applied here. However, be prepared for a Unicorn Chomper to quickly enter the firefight or to retreat from it. The best characters for dealing with Unicorn Chomper are Super Brainz and Captain Deadbeard. Their closeup attacks can deal with a Unicorn Chomper entering the battle with Rainbow Warp and their ranged attacks can deal with one fleeing.
- ▲ Decreased the digestion time after a chomp escape (i.e. your victim got away using anti-chomp ability like jackhammer)
- ▼ Brought Chompers regeneration delay to parity with all other playable characters
- Tuned Chomper camera to be closer to the camera in GW1
- ▲ Improved all digestion time upgrade multipliers
- His appearance resembles Bjorn from the Peggle series, another game series created by PopCap Games.
- The rainbow that streaks after Unicorn Chomper uses his ability "Rainbow Warp" resembles Bjorn's power.
- He and Twilight Chomper are the only Chompers to have visible nostrils.
- He is the third plant to have human teeth. The first is the Chester Chomper, the second is the Disco Chomper, and the fourth is Twilight Chomper
- He, Chester Chomper, Law Pea, Agent Pea, Twilight Chomper, and Yeti Chomper are the only plants to have hair without the use of customization.
- Unicorn Chomper, Z7 Imp, and Twilight Chomper are the only three Special characters. Both cannot be obtained normally through the game, as you must reach rank 313 in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare for Unicorn Chomper, pre-order Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 (or buy the Deluxe Edition of the game) for the Z7 Imp and buy the Midnight Snack Upgrade for Twilight Chomper.
- They appear in Graveyard Ops in the special wave "Mystic Mayhem."
- Creative Director Justin Wiebe mentioned on Twitter that there are currently no plans to either extend the character's deadline or make him available for purchase.
- While Unicorn Chomper is currently unobtainable after the deadline, his bobblehead stand can still be seen in the stats room.
- He is still playable in certain Mystery Portal events, allowing those who did not reach max rank in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare to level him up and reach the final rank of 5455.
- His deadline was in the month of February, which was when Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 were released.