- For other uses, see Sunflower (disambiguation).
Twin Sunflower is a premium super-rare plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes and a member of the Solar class. They cost 2 to play and have 2. They have the Team-Up trait, and their ability gives the plant hero +2 at the start of every turn, starting from the next turn after they are played. This ability stacks with each Twin Sunflower on the field and persists until all Twin Sunflowers are removed from the field.
- Class: Solar
- Tribe: Flower Plant
- Trait: Team-Up
- Ability: Start of Turn: You get +2.
- Set - Rarity: Premium - Super-Rare
"We're actually only fraternal twins."
- ▲ Health change: 1 → 2
- ▲ Sun cost change: 3 → 2
- ▼ Health change: 2 → 1
- ▲ Health change: 1 → 2
Twin Sunflower is relatively frail compared to other 2 plants, but if kept alive, they give you an even greater advantage because their ability is twice as effective as Sunflower's.
Each Solar hero has their own way of using Twin Sunflower:
- Chompzilla can use boosting cards such as Grow-Shroom and Fertilize on Twin Sunflower, which allows it to survive longer and fight zombies. If you are afraid of it being destroyed by a trick, you can make it Untrickable with Umbrella Leaf.
- Wall-Knight can protect Twin Sunflower with cards like Wall-Nut and Potato Mine, increase its health using cards like Photosynthesizer, or give it strength with Spineapple.
- Solar Flare can use the extra sun to push out her rushes earlier. If a strong zombie is threatening Twin Sunflower, she can play tricks such as Banana Bomb and Sizzle to get rid of it.
- Rose can Freeze or Bounce zombies that will otherwise destroy Twin Sunflower.
Compared to Sunnier-Shroom, Twin Sunflower has a little less health. However, Twin Sunflower can be played earlier and has better synergy for the Solar class.
Twin Sunflower is an extremely annoying plant due to it providing a huge advanatge to your opponent. As Twin Sunflower will most likely be protected by another plant, Strikethrough zombies and removal cards are the most effective way to destroy it. The Beastly, Crazy, and Hearty classes have their share of removal cards, while the Sneaky class has access to Strikethrough zombies. (The Brainy class does not have either, but this issue is basically nonexistent as all heroes lead two different classes.)
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Twin Sunflower.
- Unlike Solar Flare, who attacks zombies with fireballs, they attack zombies with small sun. This is also the case with Sunflower, Sun-Shroom, and Sunnier-Shroom.
- Their description mentions one of the two types of twins, namely fraternal and identical (the latter of which also includes conjoined twins). The joke refers to the assumption that Twin Sunflower would be identical twins, but the description says that they are rather fraternal twins.
- Their sound effect is different from Sunflower when they produce sun.
- They and Sunnier-Shroom are the only plants that produce 2 at the start of each turn.