—Dr. Edgar Zomboss
Tutorial is a pre-level in in Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars. The player will get access to this level after the trailer at the start of the game. It shows the player about the in-game gameplay of the game. The player is automatically provided with strong plants, which are Triplet Sunflower, Gatling Pea, Doomsday Bomb Mushroom, Frostbolt Shooter, Chainsaw Flytrap, Wildfire Stump, and Tai Choy. They will have to battle with zombies from the later worlds. However, the plants are not upgraded enough to beat the Zombot Tomorrow-tron, even in its mini-boss form.
(After a few turns of attacking)
Gargantuar: Crush... the plants... I... want brains...
(After Trucker Gargantuar uses its special skill)
Gatling Pea: Hey... Before we get electrified, please heal us!
(After using Triplet Sunflower's Plant Food skill)
Gatling Pea: Plants, it's our turn now!
(After using all plants' skills)
Dr. Zomboss: Sad plants... Let's see whether my new trick works!
(After Zombot Tomorrow-tron uses its skill)
Crazy Dave: We need higher firepower to defeat Dr. Zomboss, let's go gather some more plants first!
(After exiting to the map)
Crazy Dave: Where are the plants? I've not seen them since I woke up!
Penny: Yesterday we were attacked by Dr. Zomboss! Only Peashooter survived...
(After the player is given with Peashooter)
Penny: This place looks different, we have to carefully look for the road back home!
Most of the zombies here are from the worlds before Ancient Egypt, which are pretty weak. However, the automatically selected plants are not strong enough to fight the Zombot Tomorrow-tron in its mini-boss form, which has the special skill of shooting missiles, dealing huge damage to all plants.
- The two small numbers next to the zombie icon means that zombie will appear there, with the small number on the left displays the lane that the zombie will appear, and the one on the right displays the column that the zombie will appear. If there's only one small number next to the zombie icon, then it means that that zombie appears at the beginning of the lawn, and at the lane that the number displays. Example: 3-5 means that a Basic Zombie will appear in the third lane, at the fifth column. Note that this only displays the position of the zombies that have the most chance to happen.
|1|| 1 2 3 1 2 3|
| 1 2 3 are behind 1 2 3 but are in front of|
- Follow the tutorial by tapping wherever the arrow points to skip the dialogues and use the plants' Plant Food skills.
- Remember, the plants' skills can be activated by tapping one of the icons at the bottom-right corner once they glow.
- The Zombot Tomorrow-tron will then use its skill to destroy all your plants except for the Gatling Pea, but don't worry, as the level will automatically end and Crazy Dave and Penny will introduce to you how to upgrade the plants, and the journey truly begins then.
- The mini-boss form of Zombot Tomorrow-tron also appears in Challenge mode in the game, but can only be activated when all three buttons are pressed.
- The Zombot Tomorrow-tron also appears again in Far Future - Day 30, but in its boss form.