Trees were assorted placeable talking plants found in the Player's Town in Plants vs. Zombies Adventures. They were purely decorative and when clicked, they said a joke or pun related to trees. They could be purchased with Zombucks or coins, but could be sold either.
The trees were based on 2 (or possibly 3) different types of trees: the oak and fruit trees (specifically apple and orange trees, which were the oak trees with apples and oranges added on to the design), and less common pine trees. There was also a tree made of pure bacon found in Not Dave's Box that occasionally dripped grease, and the bacon is laid out in a pattern similar to that seen on weeping willow trees. They only appeared on the map of The Boonies.
When clicked on, a Talking Tree would laugh and say any of the following phrases:
- Wood you kindly?
- I practically grew up here!
- If you are what you eat, then squirrels are nuts!
- I'm rooting for you!
- I leaf to serve.
- I'm thinking of branching out to a new hobby.
- Make like a tree and stick around!
- You're barking up the RIGHT Tree!
- I'm a pirate... Shiver me timbers!
- "Wood you kindly?" may be a reference to BioShock, where the phrase "would you kindly" was considered a hypnotic phrase.
- Or it could just refer to the expression "would you kindly."
- "I leaf to serve" is a reference to the phrase "I live to serve."
- "You're barking up the RIGHT tree!" is a parody of the phrase "You're barking up the wrong tree."
- There was a minor reference to the Tree of Wisdom at the start of Plants vs. Zombies Adventures, where a tree started out next to the Player's House.
- The Tree of Wisdom also gave out seemingly random phrases that can either serve as advice to the player or just general expressions.