The Toxic Chomper is, well.... Toxic! He enjoys getting in close to Zombies and damaging them with his toxic aura.
Toxic Chomper deals toxic damage to Zombies just by standing next to them!
AI Health (GW2 only)
Toxic Chomper replaces the normal Chomp ability with Toxic Spray, and can spew out poison from its mouth. He can affect multiple targets directly in front of it as long as it is activated. The toxic damage is 6 continuously, not as much as a regular chomp, but it has the advantage of affecting a large area and damage-over-time effect. The Toxic Spray damage is not very effective against objects such as tombstones and teleporters. Spraying for too long will result in a sizzling sound, and Toxic Chomper will be forced to wait while it reloads more spray.
Toxic Chomper also gives off a toxic aura that poisons enemies very minimally when in close vicinity to Toxic Chomper. This, however, can alert the enemy of his presence, who might or might not see him coming.
Toxic Spray is the primary weapon of Toxic Chomper. It is a spray weapon, meaning it shoots a stream of player-damaging particles when fired. It deals less damage than the default Chomp but can affect multiple targets, deals damage over a wide area and has a longer range.
Goop is one of Chomper's only ranged attack. Activating it shoots out a purple spitball in whatever direction the Chomper is facing. If it lands on a Zombie, it covers them in purple goop. While the Zombie is "gooped", it moves slower and cannot turn around as fast. This ability takes 7 seconds to recharge after being used.
The Chomper burrows underground and digs in any desired direction. The Chomper cannot be harmed while underground. If the Chomper manages to dig it's way under a Zombie, it can burst out of the ground and eat it. While burrowing, the time remaining in burrow mode is displayed in a meter at the bottom of the screen, called Dig Power. Moving slower will reduce the rate at which the Dig Power is consumed. If the Chomper doesn't move at all while underground, after approximately 15 seconds, it will be forced back to the surface.
This ability has 3 charges. Chomper deploys a Spikeweed in front of itself. Enemies that stand on it will take 50 damage (25x2) and get hung into the air for a few seconds. While the Spikeweed is holding the Zombie, the Zombie cannot attack. Swallowing Zombies caught in Spikeweeds gives the Chomper another Spikeweed charge. Once the Spikeweed drops the Zombie, the Spikeweed instantly dies. The Spikeweed can be damaged and destroyed by zombies.
Super Sticky Goop
An alternate ability of Goop, Super Sticky Goop completely immobilizes any zombies struck by it, with the same reduced turn speed as normal goop. The downside is that the cool down is almost twice as long as the normal goop (15 seconds), and it deals half the damage as the normal goop.
An alternate ability of Burrow, Sprint Burrow is a faster, but shorter version of Burrow.
An alternate ability of Spikeweed, Spiky Spikeweed does increased damage to zombies caught for a total of 70 damage (35x2 damage). The downside is that only two can be stockpiled at a time, versus the regular three.
Cheesy Goop (GW1 only)
An alternate ability of Goop, Cheesy Goop deals much more damage than its two other counterparts (5 with 10 damage over time) however the ability has a much higher cooldown (double that of Goop, like Super Sticky Goop).
An alternate ability of Spikeweed, Vampweed doesn't deal any damage, but it will heal you a total of 40 hp (10x4 hp) and still snaring zombies. Like the Spiky Spikeweed, only 2 can be stockpiled at a time.
An alternate ability of Goop, the Chomp Cannon does not goop zombies, but rather launches a projectile from the Chomper's mouth after a second that deals a great amount of damage if it hits a zombie (100 direct hit, 50 max splash damage). This is useful for attacking Zombies on the rooftops.
Toxic sneakers of +3 movement speed.
Acidic Stomach Acid
Very toxic stomach acids break down Zombies in a hurry.
Chemical Hardened Skin
Health boosted through special skin hardening toxins.
In Garden Warfare, in order to unlock this variant, the player must reach rank 10 with the Chomper class. They need to do this by completing challenges with the Chomper and any of its variants. The player earns a character piece for each rank you level up starting at level 6 all the way to level 10. However, if the player does not have Garden Warfare, they can unlock this Chomper by opening Fertilizer Fun Packs, they will eventually unlock the 5 stickers required to unlock this variant. if the player did play Garden Warfare, the number of stickers needed will depend on the level the player reached with the Chomper. If they reached level 8 with any Chomper, the number of stickers needed in Garden Warfare 2 will be 2.
- ▲ Digestion time was decreased after a chomp escape (i.e. victim got away using anti-chomp ability like Jackhammer).
- ▼ Brought Chompers regeneration delay to parity with all other playable characters.
- Tuned Chomper camera to be closer to that in Garden Warfare.
- ▲ Improved all digestion time upgrade multipliers.
- ▲ Increased damage from 6 to 8.
- Fixed bug where his DoT was being applied twice.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
- So far as of now he is the only character which can sometimes cause the Vanquish Feed to say ([player] Vanquished [player]) when he vanquishes an enemy with just his Toxic Spray, not the Chomp, instead of it saying ([player] [Toxic Spray] [player]). Some other characters used to this just as Engineer and Cactus vanquishing enemies with their drones but the glitch was (for their part) patched in an update.
- However, the aforementioned Vanquish Feed error appears very rarely.
- Before, Fire Chomper could also do it. He and Toxic Chomper could both do it almost anytime when vanquishing zombies with their primary weapon without swallowing them. However, when this happened, the primary weapon name did not show up under the tombstone text "WITH THE".
- His appearance has been redesigned in Garden Warfare 2. The rest of his body, mainly his stem, is now completely green.
- In the Trouble in Zombopolis: Part One DLC, he no longer gives off a toxic aura when burrowed.