- For other versions, see Imp (disambiguation).
Tiger Imp is a zombie in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is only encountered in the Evil Invasion Daily Challenge and is summoned by Gunpowder Devil. It has a rocket which can make it flies straight to your house really fast. The player must swipe the rocket or use Blover or Hurrikale to get rid of it. If the player uses his or her finger, when dropped down, it will then proceed as an Imp with triple speed.
Tiger Imp seems to be a Imp Monk in tiger suit, with a rocket tied to its back.
Tiger Imps while riding their jetpacks are extremely fast, at about the same speed as Zombie Chicken with the added threat of being untargetable, similar to zombies protected by Arbiter-X. Fortunately, they only appear if Gunpowder Devil summons them via the Tiger Imp ambush and they do not eat any faster than a regular imp despite the animation suggesting otherwise.
They are also vulnerable to the following regardless if they have their jetpacks:
- Splash damage from plants such as Firebloom Queen, Melon-pult, and Winter Melon.
- Illusion zombies made by Magic-shroom.
- Plants that are manually controlled, such as Coconut Cannon and Magnifying Grass (their projectiles can hit them).
- Plants that can hit outside their lanes (they would most likely be attacking the Gunpowder Devil, allowing the projectiles in other lanes to hit them).
- Imp Pear's Plant Food effect (it won't kill them directly unless they are targeted twice but it will make the imps vulnerable to other plants).
Of course, if you do not have any of the plants above (or is currently missing Plant Food), you can simply swipe away their jetpacks. Be warned, as they will move across the lawn even faster, so be sure to either be ready to kill them fast, have ice plants or stunning plants to slow them down, or have defensive plants to stall them.
- Once this zombie interacts with a plant and starts eating, it eats like a normal Imp, but apparently has a faster animation, despite not eating the plant any quicker than a normal Imp, which eat plants faster than any other zombie.
- This happens in the reverse with Jurassic Imp, eating plants twice as fast but with the normal Imp eating animation speed.
- So far, this is the fastest Imp in the entire Plants vs. Zombies series.
- While flying, this zombie can only be killed by other plants if they are trying to attack a zombie behind it, as the Imp will get hit instead.