—Threepeater's Plants vs. Zombies almanac entry
- For other uses, see Threepeater (disambiguation).
Threepeater is a recurring character within the Plants vs. Zombies franchise. Like Peashooter, they are a peashooting plant who fires Peas in front of them, but can also fire peas in the lanes above and below them.
As of Plants vs. Zombies 3, Threepeater has appeared in three games.
Like most other pea-shooting plants, Threepeater is based on the pea plant (Pisum sativum). Its name is a portmanteau of "three", because it shoots 3 peas, and "Repeater", because it shoots more than a single pea at once like Repeater.
- Main article: Threepeater (PvZ)
Threepeater's first appearance was in the original Plants vs. Zombies game, as well as most Chinese spin-off games based on it. In this game, they are unlocked after beating Level 3-2 and fire three peas, one in their lane and one in row above them and below them. Threepeater is the most expensive non upgrade plant in the game.
Oddly enough, in the DS version of the game, Threepeater fires two peas in their row rather than just one, technically making them a Fourpeater.
- Main article: Nezha Peashooter
Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West also has an exclusive Hero Plant based on Threepeater called the Nezha Peashooter. Nezha Peashooter is able to move anywhere on screen and fired peas in three lanes.
Nezha Peashooter's upgrades included Lotus Resurrection, which granted them lotus flower which let them be resurrected without a cooldown, though the lotus needed to regrow afterwards, Eye of Heaven, which let the peas pass through multiple zombies, Fire Bombs, which gave a chance to ignite their peas, Fast Fire, which increased their fire rate, and Qiankun Circle, which gave them a chance to fire heavy damaging discs down three lanes.
- Main article: Threepeater (PvZ2)
Threepeater is a member of the Appease-mint family, who gives them an additional 120 DPS per pea while he is on the field and their Plant Food effect has them shoot 30 peas each in three directions: front, up (changing from 0°~90°) and down (changing from 0°~90°).
- Main article: Threepeater (PvZH)
Their ability is like the mainline games, attacking in its lane and those adjacent to it, similar to the Splash Damage trait, except all their shots can hit the zombie hero.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Threepeater.
- It is one of the only plants that has at least three heads in the series, the others being Snake Grass, Pea Pod, Bowling Bulb, Three-Headed Chomper, Lily of the Valley, Triplet Sunflower, and Hydrangea.
- When a zombie is on the first lane or third lane of its attack range and is too near to it, it will keep shooting peas (even when there are no other zombies), but the peas will not actually hurt the zombie.
- This Plant is one of the game pieces in Plants vs. Zombies Risk.