FANDOM


  • BF10
    BF10 closed this thread because:
    Choice 5 wins
    16:18, July 2, 2016

    Let me try this one more time.

    Yep, I'm doing this again. This time, with Cactus, Explode-o-nut and Dandelion. The rules state that pages need to have 3+ differences to separate, so let's see the differences (not including how to get it/appearance/sun cost/recharge because that doesn't count) -

    Cactus -

    • Fires reskinned peas in PvZ1, fires spikes that hit multiple zombies (not all, just multiple) in PvZ2.
    • Can increase its size to hit Balloon Zombies in PvZ1, can't in PvZ2.
    • Can't hide underground in PvZ1 but can in PvZ2.
    • Spikes deal 1 damage in PvZ1, but deals 1.5 damage in PvZ2. (This one can count with the first difference instead)

    Explode-o-Nut -

    • Is only a minigame plant in PvZ1, but is an actual plantable plant in PvZ2.
    • Explodes when run into a zombie in PvZ1, explodes when destroyed in PvZ2.
    • Rolls in PvZ1, stays still in PvZ2. (this one can not be counted if one wishes)
    • Has actual toughness in PvZ2 but lacks it in PvZ1.

    Dandelion -

    • International Dandelion can interact with Blover and Hurrikale. Chinese Dandelion can not.
    • Chinese Dandelion's attacks are lobbed, International Dandelion's attacks are straight-shot.
    • Chinese Dandelion deals 3 damage while International Dandelion deals 2.5 damage.
    • Chinese Dandelion attacks in 1 lane, International Dandelion can attack in multiple lanes.
    • Different plant foods for both Dandelions.
    • Made from (technically) different companies. (this one can be ignored)

    Here are the following choices for votes -

    Choice #1
    Separate Cactus


    Choice #2
    Separate Explode-o-nut


    Choice #3
    Separate Dandelion


    Choice #4
    Separate all


    Choice #5
    Separate none


    If you only want 2/3 of these plants to be separated, have both choices on your vote. You also must have 25 mainspace edits to vote on this thread.

    Note: In order to be able to vote on mainspace related voting threads, you need at least 25 mainspace edits and you must have been on the wiki for two weeks. For any other topic, you must have been on the wiki for four weeks. If you do not follow these rules your vote will be disqualified. If you do it repeatedly, you will be given a forum warning. Thank you.
      Loading editor
    • Choice #5
      Despite the amount of differences, they are still technically the same plant. Now if anyone mentions why Heroes plants are seperated, it's because the mechanics really ARE different. The first and second game have the same mechanics - get sun, plant plants, defeat zombies, survive all the waves. So I don't see a point to seperate them.


      EDIT: We can seperate the international Dandelion and the Chinese, and the Explode-o-Nut, but let's keep the Cactus.

        Loading editor
    • Choice #3
      Different plants with same name. They're both based on same real-life plant but are different characters. Can't be told in case of cactus and E'o'N.


        Loading editor
    • Choice #4
      The usual, they're so different. Following the rule of separation (2 differences or more), these plants all fit.


        Loading editor
    • Perin.evrankaya.3 wrote:
      Choice #5
      Despite the amount of differences, they are still technically the same plant. Now if anyone mentions why Heroes plants are seperated, it's because the mechanics really ARE different. The first and second game have the same mechanics - get sun, plant plants, defeat zombies, survive all the waves. So I don't see a point to seperate them.


      EDIT: I'm changing to Choice 3. The Explode-o-Nut is different, but I don't see a point to change the rest.

      Don't you mean Dandelion?

      Anyways, we know (almost) for sure that the PvZA plants from PvZ1 are the same. Why? Because their "entries" in PvZA are the exact same as the ones in PvZ1. However, the gameplay is slightly different but follows the same basic idea. Do we merge those back then?

        Loading editor
    • Lily8763cp wrote:
      Perin.evrankaya.3 wrote:
      Choice #5
      Despite the amount of differences, they are still technically the same plant. Now if anyone mentions why Heroes plants are seperated, it's because the mechanics really ARE different. The first and second game have the same mechanics - get sun, plant plants, defeat zombies, survive all the waves. So I don't see a point to seperate them.

      EDIT: I'm changing to Choice 3. The Explode-o-Nut is different, but I don't see a point to change the rest.

      Don't you mean Dandelion?

      Anyways, we know (almost) for sure that the PvZA plants from PvZ1 are the same. Why? Because their "entries" in PvZA are the exact same as the ones in PvZ1. However, the gameplay is slightly different but follows the same basic idea. Do we merge those back then?

      I changed it again... just keep Cactus.

        Loading editor
    • Choice #5
      They're technically the same plant canonically.


        Loading editor
    • Choice #4
      They all have different functions, so it would be logical to separate them


        Loading editor
    • Choice #5
      It's still the same plant in the same game genre. All differences/extra functions have been clearly written in the well-structured infoboxes and sections.


        Loading editor
    • Lily8763cp wrote: Anyways, we know (almost) for sure that the PvZA plants from PvZ1 are the same. Why? Because their "entries" in PvZA are the exact same as the ones in PvZ1. However, the gameplay is slightly different but follows the same basic idea. Do we merge those back then?

      Invalid argument. PvZA pages are separated because that game is closed.

        Loading editor
    • Choice #4
      I agree with all of these reasons. I think that maybe we can have Cactus stay, but I think that we should do it on Explode-onut and Dandelion for sure.


        Loading editor
    • Ugh... Not this again (again and again)...

      Choice #5
      Canonically they're still the same plants.

      About Dandelion (again and again). And there are more evidences, that Chinese things are slowly going to us. And I'm sure, that our PopCap took the Chinese Dandelion and tweaked it a little bit. That doesn't mean, that they aren't the same plants.


        Loading editor
    • Also, should we seperate some other Chinese version plants with the international ones?

        Loading editor
    • Choice #5
      Still the Same plant, and yes I have read it.


        Loading editor
    • Perin.evrankaya.3 wrote:
      Also, should we seperate some other Chinese version plants with the international ones?

      Thing is, other than Dandelion (and Electric Blueberry), all of the international plants in the Chinese version (expect upgrades) are exactly the same.

        Loading editor
    • Lily8763cp wrote:
      Perin.evrankaya.3 wrote:
      Also, should we seperate some other Chinese version plants with the international ones?
      Thing is, other than Dandelion (and Electric Blueberry), all of the international plants in the Chinese version (expect upgrades) are exactly the same.

      No, I'm talking about All-Stars.

        Loading editor
    • Perin.evrankaya.3 wrote:
      Lily8763cp wrote:
      Perin.evrankaya.3 wrote:
      Also, should we seperate some other Chinese version plants with the international ones?
      Thing is, other than Dandelion (and Electric Blueberry), all of the international plants in the Chinese version (expect upgrades) are exactly the same.
      No, I'm talking about All-Stars.

      Oh yeah, we should. We've already seperated zombies, but not plants yet.

        Loading editor
    • Explode-o-but from Wall-nut bowling shouldn't even have it's own page, IMO. We don't have pages for he individual Bowling Bulbs, do we? Both it and possibly Giant Wall-nut should just be merged with the Wall-but bowling page. The current Explode-o-nut page should just be about the PvZ 2 Explode-o-nut. As for Cactus and Dandelion, you all know my stance on that as I've been one of the biggest advocates for their separation.

      Choice #4
      But I want PvZ1 Explode-o-nut removed from its page entirely, rather than just separated.


        Loading editor
    • Someone456 wrote:

      Lily8763cp wrote: Anyways, we know (almost) for sure that the PvZA plants from PvZ1 are the same. Why? Because their "entries" in PvZA are the exact same as the ones in PvZ1. However, the gameplay is slightly different but follows the same basic idea. Do we merge those back then?

      Invalid argument. PvZA pages are separated because that game is closed.

      Actually, they were separated before that.

        Loading editor
    • Choice #4
      I guess I'll go with this one... I don't think Explode-O-Nut should be separated, but the name conflict is bugging me so I suppose this will resolve that.


        Loading editor
    • Itsleo20 wrote:

      Someone456 wrote:

      Lily8763cp wrote: Anyways, we know (almost) for sure that the PvZA plants from PvZ1 are the same. Why? Because their "entries" in PvZA are the exact same as the ones in PvZ1. However, the gameplay is slightly different but follows the same basic idea. Do we merge those back then?

      Invalid argument. PvZA pages are separated because that game is closed.

      Actually, they were separated before that.

      Actually, they were still merged long after it closed, they were only separated after Cactus was added into PvZ 2 due to the situation with Fire Peashooter and Flaming Pea.

        Loading editor
    • Choice #3
      All canonically the same plant.

      Except Dandelion.


        Loading editor
    • Choice #3
      The Dandelions from PvZ2 and PvZ2C are the only plants that I think should be separated. They attack differently, they have very different appearances and the Dandelion from PvZ2C can't even have its seeds blown off by Blover or Hurrikale.


        Loading editor
    • Everything you said about Explode-o-nut can also be applied to Wall-nut.

      Cactus: still changes height, still shoots spikes (which are indeed different, but you might as well take that as the projectile being different), so no.

      Dandelion I'm neutral on since they function too differently, but when are the two Dandelions ever going to occupy the same game?

      Either 3 or 5.

        Loading editor
    • Choice #5
      Their all the same. Nuff said.


        Loading editor
    • Gargantuar333 wrote:
      Choice #5
      All canonically the same plant.

      Although we REALLY do need to seperate the Dandelions.

      That pretty much means you're voting option #3. Hate to bother you.

        Loading editor
    • If choice 5 wins, I'm going to change this rule so it stops causing confusion.

        Loading editor
    • Choice #4
      If there are more than 3 differences (which there are), then do it. It's not like you're breaking the rules or anything if you separate them. In fact, you are following the rules.


        Loading editor
    • Sort-neutralNeutral
      Hrm, for Dandelion, maybe a yes? But for the others, I dunno.
        Loading editor
    • Microphone DJ 125 wrote:
      Choice #4
      If there are more than 3 differences (which there are), then do it. It's not like you're breaking the rules or anything if you separate them. In fact, you are following the rules.

      Trust me, I know that, but a ton of people would be angry and make a thread for merging them again. But the 3 differences thing is my main argument for why these need to be separated.

        Loading editor
    • Choice #4
      NikeJust do it
      If they're different and have 3+ differences, just do it.


        Loading editor
    • EpicGamer23468 wrote:

      Choice #4
      NikeJust do it
      If they're different and have 3+ differences, just do it.

      What about separating Cowboy Zombie from Zombie then?

      • Wears hat, that falls off after taking 2 NDS
      • Different design
      • Has "Solid" toughness in Almanac unlike other zombies.
        Loading editor
    • Lily8763cp wrote:
      Perin.evrankaya.3 wrote:
      Lily8763cp wrote:
      Perin.evrankaya.3 wrote:
      Also, should we seperate some other Chinese version plants with the international ones?
      Thing is, other than Dandelion (and Electric Blueberry), all of the international plants in the Chinese version (expect upgrades) are exactly the same.
      No, I'm talking about All-Stars.
      Oh yeah, we should. We've already seperated zombies, but not plants yet.

      The Doom-shroom we know and love from the first game doesn't have the same mechanics as his All-Stars variant. And the Wall-nut also has a different ability, right?

        Loading editor
    • Lily8763cp wrote:
      Perin.evrankaya.3 wrote:
      Lily8763cp wrote:
      Perin.evrankaya.3 wrote:
      Also, should we seperate some other Chinese version plants with the international ones?
      Thing is, other than Dandelion (and Electric Blueberry), all of the international plants in the Chinese version (expect upgrades) are exactly the same.
      No, I'm talking about All-Stars.
      Oh yeah, we should. We've already seperated zombies, but not plants yet.

      The Doom-shroom we know and love from the first game doesn't have the same mechanics as his All-Stars variant. And the Wall-nut also has a different ability, right?

        Loading editor
    • TheHandsomePlant wrote: EpicGamer23468 wrote:

      Choice #4
      NikeJust do it
      If they're different and have 3+ differences, just do it.

      What about separating Cowboy Zombie from Zombie then? * Wears hat, that falls off after taking 2 NDS * Different design * Has "Solid" toughness in Almanac unlike other zombies.Ahem. Isn't design sorta in the appearance section? 

        Loading editor
    • Choice #5
      Not again with the Cactus. Can we not deal with the fact that Cactus won't still be separated no matter how many times Cactus's separation has been proposed? While these three plants have quite some changes in their abilities, they are still the same plant. Because if they were different, they could have taken on different names instead. Like the All-Star Zombie, he looks like Football Zombie from PvZ 1 but is now not really Football Zombie even if he resembles him.


        Loading editor
    • ThisUserLikesOreo
      ThisUserLikesOreo removed this reply because:
      double reply
      09:04, June 30, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • Choice #5
      They are still the same plant under the same genre of PvZ.


        Loading editor
    • TheHandsomePlant wrote: EpicGamer23468 wrote:

      Choice #4
      NikeJust do it
      If they're different and have 3+ differences, just do it.

      What about separating Cowboy Zombie from Zombie then? * Wears hat, that falls off after taking 2 NDS * Different design * Has "Solid" toughness in Almanac unlike other zombies.

      My response because the reply thing isn't working here -

      Design doesn't count. Also, the almanac "solid" toughness isn't true, so that doesn't count either. So that would only be 2 (because they are the only zombies that dance to Piano Zombie other than their conehead/buckethead variant.)

        Loading editor
    • Lily8763cp wrote: TheHandsomePlant wrote: EpicGamer23468 wrote:

      Choice #4
      NikeJust do it
      If they're different and have 3+ differences, just do it.

      What about separating Cowboy Zombie from Zombie then? * Wears hat, that falls off after taking 2 NDS * Different design * Has "Solid" toughness in Almanac unlike other zombies. My response because the reply thing isn't working here - Design doesn't count. Also, the almanac "solid" toughness isn't true, so that doesn't count either. So that would only be 2 (because they are the only zombies that dance to Piano Zombie other than their conehead/buckethead variant.)If design doesn't count, then why don't we merge GW Peashooter with the PvZ one?

        Loading editor
    • Choice #5
      Differences are somewhere in their respective articles. The former and latter are meant to be returning plants.


        Loading editor
    • TheHandsomePlant wrote: Lily8763cp wrote: TheHandsomePlant wrote: EpicGamer23468 wrote:

      Choice #4
      NikeJust do it
      If they're different and have 3+ differences, just do it.

      What about separating Cowboy Zombie from Zombie then? * Wears hat, that falls off after taking 2 NDS * Different design * Has "Solid" toughness in Almanac unlike other zombies. My response because the reply thing isn't working here - Design doesn't count. Also, the almanac "solid" toughness isn't true, so that doesn't count either. So that would only be 2 (because they are the only zombies that dance to Piano Zombie other than their conehead/buckethead variant.)If design doesn't count, then why don't we merge GW Peashooter with the PvZ one?

      Different game genre.


      Seriously, dandelions are different characters.

        Loading editor
    • We have three different Dandelion relatated plants with the same name, in 2d games, with different mechanics.

        Loading editor
    • Choice #3
      The PVZOL Dandelion has its own page, may as well separate the others (or merge the the OL dandy) as for the other two, they may be different throughout the two games but they are still Explode-O-Nut and Cactus.


        Loading editor
    • Snarkel wrote:
      Choice #3
      The PVZOL Dandelion has its own page, may as well separate the others (or merge the the OL dandy) as for the other two, they may be different throughout the two games but they are still Explode-O-Nut and Cactus.

      The reason why (I think) the PvZOL Dandelion has its own page is because it's VERY different from the other Dandelions. 

      PvZOL Dandelion attacks in a 3x3 area and doesn't use bombs while the Chinese and International PvZ2 Dandelions both use bombs to attack in front of them. In fact, that's why the two are merged. Because they use bombs.

        Loading editor
    • Choice #4
      All of these plants have several differences, and I think they should have different articles for different games. Though Cactus is a touchy subject for me, since they are the same character, I still think that the differences are enough to have these all separated.


        Loading editor
    • I forgot to put up my own vote:

      Choice #5
      They are all similar in terms of design, the way they work and such. It basically how the separation algorythm should go (merge if name, design, and how they work are all similar to each other


        Loading editor
    • Choice #1 = 0 votes

      Choice #2 = 0 votes

      Choice #3 = 4 votes

      Choice #4 = 8 votes

      Choice #5 = 10 votes

      Keep on voting!

        Loading editor
    • Are you counting the creation of this thread?

        Loading editor
    • Pryp'yatMineralGamer wrote: Are you counting the creation of this thread?

      He's counting the number of votes in this thread.

        Loading editor
    • Pryp'yatMineralGamer wrote:
      Are you counting the creation of this thread?
      Well, that's an interesting idea, for me at least.
        Loading editor
    • AWikiBoy521 wrote:
      Pryp'yatMineralGamer wrote:
      Are you counting the creation of this thread?
      Well, that's an interesting idea, for me at least.

      Well, I vote Choice 4 anyways but that's clear to see, right?

        Loading editor
    • @Lily8763cp

      From what see on his message, he could mean counting the number of threads similar to this.

        Loading editor
    • AWikiBoy521 wrote:
      @Lily8763cp

      From what see on his message, he could mean counting the number of threads similar to this.

      Why is everyone crossing out what they write.

        Loading editor
    • Perin.evrankaya.3 wrote:
      AWikiBoy521 wrote:
      @Lily8763cp

      From what see on his message, he could mean counting the number of threads similar to this.

      Why is everyone crossing out what they write.

      It's a joke :P

        Loading editor
    • Lily8763cp wrote:
      Perin.evrankaya.3 wrote:
      AWikiBoy521 wrote:
      @Lily8763cp

      From what see on his message, he could mean counting the number of threads similar to this.

      Why is everyone crossing out what they write.
      It's a joke :P


      I'll show you the joke.

        Loading editor
    • Choice #5
      I think, that they're still the same Plants. Even Dandelions.


        Loading editor
    • Lily8763cp wrote:
      AWikiBoy521 wrote:
      Pryp'yatMineralGamer wrote:
      Are you counting the creation of this thread?
      Well, that's an interesting idea, for me at least.
      Well, I vote Choice 4 anyways but that's clear to see, right?

      Well, you didn't post it in the form of a vote template, so why would I have to count it?

        Loading editor
    • Because it will not count otherwise -

      Choice #4
      Honestly, I find this "same character" argument quite funny. Wasn't the gender rule pretty much reversed JUST because of the argument that there was a species of plants, not just one? The PvZ2 Cactus and Explode-O-Nut could be different than the PvZ1 Cactus and Explode-O-Nut because of that fact. And the Dandelions are different and general with the only real similarity that they shoot bombs.


        Loading editor
    • Lily8763cp wrote: Honestly, I find this "same character" argument quite funny. Wasn't the gender rule pretty much reversed JUST because of the argument that there was a species of plants, not just one? The PvZ2 Cactus and Explode-O-Nut could be different than the PvZ1 Cactus and Explode-O-Nut because of that fact. And the Dandelions are different and general with the only real similarity that they shoot bombs.
      And by your logic, PvZ1 Peashooter and PvZ2 Peashooter are not the same. Are you freaking kidding me?

      It really does not help that Explode-o-nut really only has capitalization going for it, whereas the rest of your rationale literally consists of stuff that also applies to Wall-nut.

        Loading editor
    • Actually, even though Explode-o-Nut (PvZ) and (PvZ2) are different, both of them are nut variants that explode like a Cherry Bomb when destroyed. But their way of getting destroyed is different. The (PvZ) is destroyed when it meets a target, the (PvZ2) is destroyed when enough damage is dealt to it.

        Loading editor
    • Perin.evrankaya.3 wrote: Actually, even though Explode-o-Nut (PvZ) and (PvZ2) are different, both of them are nut variants that explode like a Cherry Bomb when destroyed. But their way of getting destroyed is different. The (PvZ) is destroyed when it meets a target, the (PvZ2) is destroyed when enough damage is dealt to it.

      As I said, this also applies to Wall-nut too: Wall-nut is simply defensive in normal levels and offensive in Bowling levels.

        Loading editor
    • Brainulator9 wrote:
      Perin.evrankaya.3 wrote: Actually, even though Explode-o-Nut (PvZ) and (PvZ2) are different, both of them are nut variants that explode like a Cherry Bomb when destroyed. But their way of getting destroyed is different. The (PvZ) is destroyed when it meets a target, the (PvZ2) is destroyed when enough damage is dealt to it.
      As I said, this also applies to Wall-nut too: Wall-nut is simply defensive in normal levels and offensive in Bowling levels.

      So we should seperate the two Wall-nuts? What for?

        Loading editor
    • Brainulator9 wrote:
      Perin.evrankaya.3 wrote: Actually, even though Explode-o-Nut (PvZ) and (PvZ2) are different, both of them are nut variants that explode like a Cherry Bomb when destroyed. But their way of getting destroyed is different. The (PvZ) is destroyed when it meets a target, the (PvZ2) is destroyed when enough damage is dealt to it.
      As I said, this also applies to Wall-nut too: Wall-nut is simply defensive in normal levels and offensive in Bowling levels.

      Well as some people are saying, we honestly shouldn't even be having a page for Explode-o-nut's PvZ1 and just label what the "nuts" do in Wall-nut Bowling/Wall-nut Bowling 2/Level 1-5. We don't have pages for the tiny zombies or the Zombiquarium Snorkel Zombies, and those only appear in a minigame.

        Loading editor
    • Choice 5 wins. No changes will be made.

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.