FANDOM


  • ThisUserLikesOreo
    ThisUserLikesOreo closed this thread because:
    Choice 3 won. We'll use Deka's suggestion.
    12:38, June 29, 2016

    I know we discussed this before, but hear me on this one.

    Although we have various "refferences" to what gender a plant is, we should notice, that every plant (Except Heroes) has an unknown gender, why, you ask? Because those are species, unless secretely all plants are clones, there isn't a reliable way to notice if the plant is male or female, let's take into examples of a few games.

    In Plants vs Zombies Heroes Pea-Nut's desc. mentions it's mother being a Peashooter and it's father being a nut. Peashooter on Plants vs Zombies Heroes does not have gender on it's desc., however on Plants vs Zombies 2 : It's about time it is mentioned as a male (due to the use of "his") although those are 2 different games from the same franchise, isn't the "core" same? Aren't both similar graphically and gameplay-wise? (being the first plant to be obtained, shooting a single pea...) Another example, is Chompzilla. Chompzilla, as saw on her (Remember, Chompzilla is a one-of-a-kind character, just like all Heroes) comic strip, she was a Chomper, Chomper is reffered to as male on both Plants vs Zombies and Plants vs Zombies 2 : It's about time so, clearly, said Chomper that turned into Chompzilla, was indeed, female, due to the simple fact Chomper is a specie of plant, meaning it could be male or female, independent of the Almanac entry or etecetera saying so.

    So, what do you say?

    Choice #1
    If you think the gender rule should be replaced with the gender-neutral rule. Does not apply to Heroes, Bosses (GW) and other one-of-a-kind plants


    Choice #2
    If you think the gender rule should stay as it is.


    Choice #3
    Your idea, explain it on the vote


      Loading editor
    • Choice #1
      Okay Okay


      NikeJust do it
      You have valid arguments,, he/she makes no sense
        Loading editor
    • Anways, my vote is (obviously)

      Choice #1
      The plants you play/plant are species, they're not clones (except maybe, Pineclone) or anything of such kind, their description mentions a single one of their kind, for obvious reasons, why would popcap make you memorize 2 or maybe even more versions of a plant just to call that variant female, when both do the exact same thing, behave the exact same and have the exact same description, with the change of a pronoun or two. And as i've mentioned, the Heroes (and bosses from GW)are one-of-a-kind, they're not constantly placed and replaced, they even have a personality of their own, that they show in some way, which is why they aren't affected by this vote.


        Loading editor
    • Choice #1
      There are plants that have a gender attached to them but have been referred to the other gender. Like Sun-shroom and some prem plants.


        Loading editor
    • Choice #3
      If it's a singular character like Green Shadow, they should have their gender be placed however, if we remove it now, people are going to end up getting free edits from both adding the genders and removing them.


        Loading editor
    • Lily8763cp wrote:
      Choice #3
      If it's a singular character like Green Shadow, they should have their gender be placed however, if we remove it now, people are going to end up getting free edits from both adding the genders and removing them.


      I think i have mentioned them as one-of-a-kind, and such should get their gender there

        Loading editor
    • Choice #1
      Valid reasons. Seems most logical.


        Loading editor
    • Choice #2
      OMG this gender rule stuff is killing me! It's fine as it is! It's not broken! So stop trying fixing it!


      (I'm on Mobile Srry)


      EDIT: I fixed it, as i'm back on my computer

        Loading editor
    • Also, I have to keep checking this by link because my notifications aren't working :/

        Loading editor
    • Lily8763cp wrote:
      Also, I have to keep checking this by link because my notifications aren't working :/


      Same

        Loading editor
    • Choice #3
      There could be a lot of Peashooters. Some of them could be male, some female. The same goes to all the other non-hero plants too. And the non-hero zombies. And all the bosses.


        Loading editor
    • I bet you got this idea from Protanly didn't you. I'll probably vote later. Still deciding.

        Loading editor
    • Choice #2
      Threat plants as characters, not species.


        Loading editor
    • Pinkgirl234
      Pinkgirl234 removed this reply because:
      Disqualified
      13:20, June 28, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • Copper Freddy wrote:
      Crazyzombie168 wrote:
      Choice 1. There are plants that have a gender attached to them but have been reffered to the other gender. Like Sun-shroom and some prem plants.
      Plants-Vs-ZombiesDisqualified vote
      Look, we've gone over this a thousand times. Use the template.
      Plants-Vs-ZombiesDisqualified disqualify
      Can't disqualify her vote because she didn't use a template, as far as i know what counts is you voting and being able to do so, and of course without it being a per.


      EDIT: Changed to Disqualified Disqualify template, as Perin's request. ~~Nick Archer

        Loading editor
    • Choice #3
      I'd say apply gender to every character that has it specified. That also includes some plants and zombies that PopCap actually bothered to give gender to (Bikini Zombie or Sweet Potato for example)


      In case of different genders, depending on the games, we can just use that gender for one game and another for another game. One plant doesn't mean it's always the same throughout the whole series. Following that method we can make it like that:

      Chomper (PvZ2) = Almanac Entry references it as him = He

      Chompzilla (PvZH) = Description references it as her = She

      And some plants despite having different genders can still look identical, as we have no proof if that's actually the case for PvZ.

        Loading editor
    • Choice #2
      They should remain the same as long as they are seperated. Example: Peashooter, Peashooter (PvZ: GW), Peashooter (PvZH), ect.


        Loading editor
    • TheHandsomePlant wrote:

      Choice #3
      I'd say apply gender to every character that has it specified. That also includes some plants and zombies that PopCap actually bothered to give gender to (Bikini Zombie or Sweet Potato for example)


      That was implemented a month ago.

        Loading editor
    • if the gender is stated in the almanac, then those pronouns should be used on that article, simple as that

        Loading editor
    • Choice #3
      If it has an official gender, then use it. Otherwise, just refer to it as "it." Simple as that.


        Loading editor
    • Camwood777 wrote:

      Choice #3
      If it has an official gender, then use it. Otherwise, just refer to it as "it." Simple as that.


      That is how the rule is right now.

        Loading editor
    • God named ARUGAL
      God named ARUGAL removed this reply because:
      I just don't know anymore
      23:16, June 22, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • Because it makes no sense to believe all "breed" of for example Chomper from pvz2 is male.

      Or, that all "breed" of Sunflowers is female.

        Loading editor
    • Or, that all Line Dancers are female, wear the same costume, all have red hair...

      It's overall irrealistic, you know why pvz1 had "only male" zombies? Because why would they bother making a gazillion sprites to mean the same zombie, with same statstics, outside of being a comemoration (such as springening), just for the sake of you knowing there are females there?

        Loading editor
    • My only concern with the gender-rule is if another "Hypno-Shroom" gender debate pops up and causes things to go south.

      For those of you who haven't read this wiki long enough to remember, there was a lot of dogma going around approximately 5-6 years ago that Hypno-Shroom was a girl in the Almanac, despite zero information backing this up. As far as I am concerned, this fan theory was regarded as canon for an undetermined amount of time on the wiki.

      As this is my only issue with the new gender rules, I would do choice #2 on the vote if I had enough edits.

        Loading editor
    • Choice #3
      Gender-neutral for gameplay, specified for characters. Enough said.

      Maybe Peashooter is a male mother? gay

        Loading editor
    • Sort-neutralNeutral
      you make good points but also, you'd think popcap would maybe, MAYBE, tell us if they are to be reffered to as a species or not but also your reasoning for it being unrealistic is kind of null since PvZ isn't the most realistic game
        Loading editor
    • Choice #3
      Only put genders for heroes. Wasn't this how it was supposed to be?


        Loading editor
    • Yay, I can finally vote!

      Choice #3

      I think having the plants labeled according to how they are depicted or how their pronouns are used will just make it simple. Example: we see a peashooter with its leaves in the front of its head, we label it female. We see a chomper, we label it nuetral unless the installment the article focuses on mentions a specific gender.


      I can't get the template to work.

      EDIT: Fixed it for you ~DDP

        Loading editor
    • I'll think of my vote later. For now, I have to go.

        Loading editor
    • All reasons why this new gender rule has to go is right here:

      User_blog:Dekagamer7X9/Some_stuff_about_these_new_gender_rules

      Plants that aren't singular entities are species. It is grammatically incorrect to refer to multiple entities with gendered pronouns, as gendered pronouns are only to used to refer to individuals.

      So of course, my vote is

      Choice #3
      Using gendered pronouns only to refer to singular characters, such as Crazy Dave, Zomboss, Heroes, etc.


        Loading editor
    • Choice #3
      Apply it only to gameplay, characters will have their character specified.


      EDIT: Just wanted to specify my vote that I wanted that gameplay suggestion applied on the plants only. My other idea is to not change the gender rule of the zombies. Although, it was already too late.

        Loading editor
    • Choice #1
      Most logical as some of the plants gender's are unknown as their gender are not mentioned in the Almanac.


        Loading editor
    • Elemec wrote:

      Copper Freddy wrote:
      Crazyzombie168 wrote:
      Choice 1. There are plants that have a gender attached to them but have been reffered to the other gender. Like Sun-shroom and some prem plants.
      Plants-Vs-ZombiesDisqualified vote
      Look, we've gone over this a thousand times. Use the template.
      Plants-Vs-ZombiesDisqualified vote
      Can't disqualify her vote because she didn't use a template, as far as i know what counts is you voting and being able to do so, and of course without it being a per.

      You should use the Disqualified Disqualify template if you want to disqualify a disqualify...

        Loading editor
    • Choice #3
      Let's just leave the plants gender-neutral, but not the Heroes. I mean, wasn't this the way it was supposed to be anyway?


        Loading editor
    • Choice #3
      I suppose the best alternative would be to use Deka's suggestion from his blog. Refer to them as "it" in gameplay, and mention the gender in the infobox or somewhere.


        Loading editor
    • Sort-neutralNeutral
      Look,there are species of plants.Some are male,some are female.So,I'm Neutral
        Loading editor
    • Choice #2
      As PopCap mentions, plants and zombies HAVE a gender! So why should we have a gender-neutrality! Oppositely, we need to discover the gender of plants whose gender is not known, like Intensive Carrot, Gold Bloom and, maybe, Sun-Shroom!


        Loading editor
    • NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      Choice #2
      As PopCap mentions, plants and zombies HAVE a gender! So why should we have a gender-neutrality! Oppositely, we need to discover the gender of plants whose gender is not known, like Intensive Carrot, Gold Bloom and, maybe, Sun-Shroom!

      ...did you read his reasons?

      Also,

      Choice #1
      I've always considered the PvZ plants to be a species


        Loading editor
    • Itsleo20 wrote:
      NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      Choice #2
      As PopCap mentions, plants and zombies HAVE a gender! So why should we have a gender-neutrality! Oppositely, we need to discover the gender of plants whose gender is not known, like Intensive Carrot, Gold Bloom and, maybe, Sun-Shroom!
      ...did you read his reasons?

      So, Peashooter and Chomper were males in a PvZ 1, 2 and GW!

      But in PvZH, they're females! And what? Maybe they were Peashooter and Chomper's cousins or sisters or else!

      Even if species are gender-neutral, the CHARACTERS still HAVE a gender!

        Loading editor
    • NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      Itsleo20 wrote:
      NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      Choice #2
      As PopCap mentions, plants and zombies HAVE a gender! So why should we have a gender-neutrality! Oppositely, we need to discover the gender of plants whose gender is not known, like Intensive Carrot, Gold Bloom and, maybe, Sun-Shroom!
      ...did you read his reasons?
      So, Peashooter and Chomper were males in a PvZ 1, 2 and GW!

      But in PvZH, they're females! And what? Maybe they were Peashooter and Chomper's cousins or sisters or else!

      Even if species are gender-neutral, the CHARACTERS still HAVE a gender!

      I think we agreed on the last point. :/

        Loading editor
    • Natapat
      Natapat removed this reply because:
      Unknown Templates
      13:02, June 23, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • For everyone voting choice 3 for heroes, i maybe have explained it badly, but, choice #1 is about making everything gameplay-wise be reffered as it, except one-of-a-kind-characters, such as Zomboss, Chompzilla...

      I probably should have written it a bit better, but yeah, eitherway, both choice 1 and 3 (on most cases) Are what i'm thinking would be better for the wiki

        Loading editor
    • DatDramaPlant wrote:
      NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      Itsleo20 wrote:
      NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      Choice #2
      As PopCap mentions, plants and zombies HAVE a gender! So why should we have a gender-neutrality! Oppositely, we need to discover the gender of plants whose gender is not known, like Intensive Carrot, Gold Bloom and, maybe, Sun-Shroom!
      ...did you read his reasons?
      So, Peashooter and Chomper were males in a PvZ 1, 2 and GW!

      But in PvZH, they're females! And what? Maybe they were Peashooter and Chomper's cousins or sisters or else!

      Even if species are gender-neutral, the CHARACTERS still HAVE a gender!

      I think we agreed on the last point. :/

      You mean, #1? Or my (#2)?

        Loading editor
    • Elemec wrote:
      Or, that all Line Dancers are female, wear the same costume, all have red hair...

      It's overall irrealistic, you know why pvz1 had "only male" zombies? Because why would they bother making a gazillion sprites to mean the same zombie, with same statstics, outside of being a comemoration (such as springening), just for the sake of you knowing there are females there?

      Except Bikini Zombie's almanac entry as directly quoted - "Is it weird that we haven't seen any female zombies before? Some say yes. Some say no. Either way, Bikini Zombie is used to breaking new ground. She's not afraid to go where no woman zombie has gone before."

      This implies there was never any female zombies on the battlefield until Bikini Zombie showed up. So all zombies before Big Wave Beach should be marked as male (expect for Congaline Zombie, since she's also confirmed as female.)

        Loading editor
    • Lily8763cp wrote:
      Elemec wrote:
      Or, that all Line Dancers are female, wear the same costume, all have red hair...

      It's overall irrealistic, you know why pvz1 had "only male" zombies? Because why would they bother making a gazillion sprites to mean the same zombie, with same statstics, outside of being a comemoration (such as springening), just for the sake of you knowing there are females there?

      Except Bikini Zombie's almanac entry as directly quoted - "Is it weird that we haven't seen any female zombies before? Some say yes. Some say no. Either way, Bikini Zombie is used to breaking new ground. She's not afraid to go where no woman zombie has gone before."

      This implies there was never any female zombies on the battlefield until Bikini Zombie showed up. So all zombies before Big Wave Beach should be marked as male (expect for Congaline Zombie, since she's also confirmed as female.)

      It also implies there was indeed "woman zombies" around, though, never really got into the "action"

        Loading editor
    • Choice #1
      There are instances where gender neutrality need not apply. Singular entities such as heroes are defined. There are other instances where "King Zombie" is definitively male, as being female would render it a "Queen Zombie". Gender neutrality is used on many wiki's for a purpose, and solves many more issues than gendering things creates. It isn't just our wiki that was gender neutral.. it was many many wiki's. I see no need for us to be a special snowflake wiki. Popcap has used multiple genders throughout official means of communication. Ads have used one, while the almanac has stated another, and vice versa. We aren't the ultimate council that decides which is the ultimate deciding factor... Just keep it consistent and sensible..


        Loading editor
    • Choice #1
      Because of the whole species argument.
      NikeJust do it


      But Zombies still have gender, right? Being "human" it's kinda obvious what their gender is.

      Also, what about GW plants? All variants of a plant are the same gender, right? It doesn't make sense to have the standard Sunflower be female and something like the Metal Petal be male when they sound the same. Although Alien Flower may be a problem with this...

        Loading editor
    • ThisUserLikesOreo
      ThisUserLikesOreo removed this reply because:
      Disqualified
      20:29, June 23, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • RockDLN.1 wrote:
      Choice 1, to avoid unessasary confusion, and think: Peashooter is male, ghost pepper is female...now, if the plants were gender specific, wouldn't Imitater only be able to copy half of the plants? (Also, all evidence that each plant in the same species is in the Almanac, which acts as if there is only one of each plant, which we know is not true.
      Plants-Vs-ZombiesDisqualified vote
      Not enough mainspace edits

        Loading editor
    • I was the one who found all this out for Elemec...

        Loading editor
    • Choice #2
      As I said before, while they are species, they have confirmed genders. Not to mention that in many gamee such as Overwatch, Team Fortress 2, and Super Smash Bros. each class/character is described as a single entity but it's possible for multiple to be in game at one.

      Perfect examples are Law Pea, General Supremo, Rose, and Super Brainz. They are all referenced and described as a single one-of-a-kind character, but there can be many in game at once. Regardless in story they remain one character.

      As long as there is a confirmed gender, all characters should be referred to by it.


        Loading editor
    • Choice #3
      because each plant is a species, so there could be male and female versions of all plants. We just can't tell in the game.


        Loading editor
    • DatDramaPlant
      DatDramaPlant removed this reply because:
      Disqualified
      00:25, June 24, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • Lololol66 wrote:
      Choice 3

      Refer to all characters as any gender if they have any noted, and only note characters that have been noted one way as that specific gender e.g., all Cacti would be female, but Sun-shroom could be any gender.

      Plants-Vs-ZombiesDisqualified vote
      Not enough mainspace edits (you have 23, you need 25.) Also once you get the mainspace edits use the choice template next time.
        Loading editor
    • Snapdragon717 wrote:
      Lololol66 wrote:
      Choice 3

      Refer to all characters as any gender if they have any noted, and only note characters that have been noted one way as that specific gender e.g., all Cacti would be female, but Sun-shroom could be any gender.

      Plants-Vs-ZombiesDisqualified vote
      Not enough mainspace edits (you have 23, you need 25.) Also once you get the mainspace edits use the choice template next time.

      Gotcha. Thanks.

        Loading editor
    • GamerNerd i wrote:

      Choice #1
      Because of the whole species argument.
      NikeJust do it


      But Zombies still have gender, right? Being "human" it's kinda obvious what their gender is.

      Also, what about GW plants? All variants of a plant are the same gender, right? It doesn't make sense to have the standard Sunflower be female and something like the Metal Petal be male when they sound the same. Although Alien Flower may be a problem with this...

      They're still hordes. And it's grammatically incorrect to refer to hoards with gendered pronouns.

        Loading editor
    • Dekagamer7X9 wrote:

      GamerNerd i wrote:

      Choice #1
      Because of the whole species argument.
      NikeJust do it


      But Zombies still have gender, right? Being "human" it's kinda obvious what their gender is.

      Also, what about GW plants? All variants of a plant are the same gender, right? It doesn't make sense to have the standard Sunflower be female and something like the Metal Petal be male when they sound the same. Although Alien Flower may be a problem with this...

      They're still hordes. And it's grammatically incorrect to refer to hoards with gendered pronouns.

      No, what I mean are individual zombies. For example, Weasel Hoarder and Bikini Zombie are two of the few female Zombies we know of.

        Loading editor
    • Plants and zombies are already to be referred to as gender-neutral. The rule is currently that plants are only referred to as their gender when referring to their character, but there has been a ton of confusion with this and people have been putting gendered pronouns throughout the entire articles. I should really just close this thread because it's based on a misunderstanding of the rule. What we really should do is create a better and more prominent explanation of this rule...

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, GamerNerd i raises a fair point. We do the gender rule on zombies when we refer to them as individuals, and it's widely accepted for them, so why not with plants?

        Loading editor
    • Choice #3
      I believe we should use Deka's suggestion for stating the genders of plants in PvZ1 and PvZ2 in their infoboxes while referring to them as "its" in the entire information about them due to the fact that they are species. However, I support using genders for single entity-characters such as all the human characters and all the plant characters in PvZH.

      Take a look at plants with more than one head like the Twin Sunflower and Threepeater. Each "head" may deem as a single character. They may could either be he or she, causing confusion on what gender pronoun to use since the characters have more than one head. Now take a look at the Hydra from Greek mythology. Wikipedia uses the it pronoun for the Hydra due to the fact that there is no specific "single gender" for the creature since each of its head might either be a he or she. The same should happen to more-than-one headed characters: use its as a way of referring to their overall "combined single entity".


        Loading editor
    • Pinkgirl234 wrote:

      Choice #3
      I believe we should use Deka's suggestion for stating the genders of plants in PvZ1 and PvZ2 in their infoboxes while referring to them as "its" in the entire information about them due to the fact that they are species. However, I support using genders for single entity-characters such as all the human characters and all the plant characters in PvZH.

      Take a look at plants with more than one head like the Twin Sunflower and Threepeater. Each "head" may deem as a single character. They may could either be he or she, causing confusion on what gender pronoun to use since the characters have more than one head. Now take a look at the Hydra from Greek mythology. Wikipedia uses the it pronoun for the Hydra due to the fact that there is no specific "single gender" for the creature since each of its head might either be a he or she. The same should happen to more-than-one headed characters: use its as a way of referring to their overall "combined single entity".


      I like this idea, actually. But since when does anyone trust Wikipedia.

        Loading editor
    • Choice #3
      Like Deka said, I feel they should be referred to as "they" or "it" when referring to gameplay, but as he or she otherwise.


        Loading editor
    • GamerNerd i wrote:

      Pinkgirl234 wrote:

      Choice #3
      I believe we should use Deka's suggestion for stating the genders of plants in PvZ1 and PvZ2 in their infoboxes while referring to them as "its" in the entire information about them due to the fact that they are species. However, I support using genders for single entity-characters such as all the human characters and all the plant characters in PvZH.

      Take a look at plants with more than one head like the Twin Sunflower and Threepeater. Each "head" may deem as a single character. They may could either be he or she, causing confusion on what gender pronoun to use since the characters have more than one head. Now take a look at the Hydra from Greek mythology. Wikipedia uses the it pronoun for the Hydra due to the fact that there is no specific "single gender" for the creature since each of its head might either be a he or she. The same should happen to more-than-one headed characters: use its as a way of referring to their overall "combined single entity".


      But since when does anyone trust Wikipedia.

      Lots of people. Besides, the Hydra is clearly a creature in the Greek myrhology and creatures are often referred to as its in the information about them.

        Loading editor
    • Pinkgirl234 wrote:

      GamerNerd i wrote:

      Pinkgirl234 wrote:

      Choice #3
      I believe we should use Deka's suggestion for stating the genders of plants in PvZ1 and PvZ2 in their infoboxes while referring to them as "its" in the entire information about them due to the fact that they are species. However, I support using genders for single entity-characters such as all the human characters and all the plant characters in PvZH.

      Take a look at plants with more than one head like the Twin Sunflower and Threepeater. Each "head" may deem as a single character. They may could either be he or she, causing confusion on what gender pronoun to use since the characters have more than one head. Now take a look at the Hydra from Greek mythology. Wikipedia uses the it pronoun for the Hydra due to the fact that there is no specific "single gender" for the creature since each of its head might either be a he or she. The same should happen to more-than-one headed characters: use its as a way of referring to their overall "combined single entity".


      But since when does anyone trust Wikipedia.

      Lots of people. Besides, the Hydra is clearly a creature in the Greek myrhology and creatures are often referred to as its in the information about them.

      Yeah, I know. I've just been taught not to trust it.

        Loading editor
    • Pinkgirl234
      Pinkgirl234 removed this reply because:
      Disqualified
      00:08, June 25, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • DerpSquad15 wrote:
      Choice 3

      Plants do reproduce, but plants can have both female or male parts. SCIENCE!​

      Plants-Vs-ZombiesDisqualified vote
      Like I said above... You must have 25 mainspace edits on the wiki and 2 weeks on this wiki to vote. Also next time you vote use the Choice Template.
        Loading editor
    • Changing my vote.

      Choice #3
      Why not just set up this simple system?

      1. Does the plant have an official gender?

      • Yes: Proceed down the list.
      • No: Use gender-neutral pronouns (it/they).

      2. Is the context that the pronoun is being used in implying that this is a singular plant, and not a group of them, thusly implying a plural form is needed? (i.e. a lone Cactus, or a Hero from PvZH)

      • Yes: Use the specific gender's pronouns (he/she)
      • No: Use gender-neutral pronouns (it/they)

      It's honestly not too hard, and personally, I feel makes more sense than what we have now, implying this isn't what we have now.


        Loading editor
    • Choice #1
      There are technically more than one of each plant and I doubt they are all of one gender.


        Loading editor
    • Choice Results (by Choice 1, 2, and 3 ratio):

      9:5:15 (Majority goes to Choice 3)

        Loading editor
    • Okay. Since Choice 3 has won, what should we really do now? A lot of people gave random suggestions.

        Loading editor
    • Let's do like Choice 2, but also let's think about gender of plants which characters are not fully known like Intensive Carrot, Sun-Shroom, Gold Bloom and more!

        Loading editor
    • NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      Let's do like Choice 2, but also let's think about gender of plants which characters are not fully known like Intensive Carrot, Sun-Shroom, Gold Bloom and more!

      Are you implying that we should put headcanons on this wiki, or something else entirely? I don't want another Hypno-Shroom incident on the wiki.

        Loading editor
    • Pinkgirl234 wrote:
      Okay. Since Choice 3 has won, what should we really do now? A lot of people gave random suggestions.

      I think we could go with Deka's, makes more sense.

      On the Almanac, a single plant says something about itself, we note that on idk the template box, on the article ITSELF we call them it

      Same goes for zombies, except with they istead of it

        Loading editor
    • I think that JackNinja5GraityDipperFall's is pretty good.

      Because you can have multiple plants of the same type on the lawn.

        Loading editor
    • Pinkgirl234
      Pinkgirl234 removed this reply because:
      10:15, June 27, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • Pvz loklok
      Pvz loklok removed this reply because:
      useless picture
      09:13, June 27, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • Pryp'yatMineralGamer wrote: I think that JackNinja5GraityDipperFall's is pretty good.

      Because you can have multiple plants of the same type on the lawn.

      He chose choice 1, though.

        Loading editor
    • What we're focusing right now is what suggestions can we carry out that came from Choice 3. As of now, we haven't decided what our final decisions are.

        Loading editor
    • Pinkgirl234 wrote: What we're focusing right now is what suggestions can we carry out that came from Choice 3. As of now, we haven't decided what our final decisions are.

      Since it appears to be what most of us want, I think that we should just change the rule back to what it was before: all plants and zombies aside from singular-entity characters are to be referred to with gender-neutral pronouns in the articles. That is, after all, the grammatically correct way of going about it. Perhaps we can discuss putting their supposed genders in the infobox, but it appears that what I just stated is overall what most people want.

        Loading editor
    • Dekagamer7X9 wrote:

      Pinkgirl234 wrote: What we're focusing right now is what suggestions can we carry out that came from Choice 3. As of now, we haven't decided what our final decisions are.

      Since it appears to be what most of us want, I think that we should just change the rule back to what it was before: all plants and zombies aside from singular-entity characters are to be referred to with gender-neutral pronouns in the articles. That is, after all, the grammatically correct way of going about it. Perhaps we can discuss putting their supposed genders in the infobox, but it appears that what I just stated is overall what most people want.

      Great idea! So I guess we can use your suggestion as well as refer all plants from PvZ 1 and 2 (as well as Garden Warfare) as its and keep referring to all the PvZH plants by their genders.

      Wait. Should all zombies from PvZ 1 and PvZ 2 still be referred by their genders? I mean they were human so..

        Loading editor
    • Pinkgirl234 wrote:
      Wait. Should all zombies from PvZ 1 and PvZ 2 still be referred by their genders? I mean they were human so..

      Um...not all of them. But, there are some ideas about "applying the gender neutral rule to non-character zombies" and "not changing the gender rule of the zombies".

        Loading editor
    • Just saying, most plants are actually both male and female.

        Loading editor
    • TheAdmiral777 wrote:
      Just saying, most plants are actually both male and female.

      In Almanac - they're NOT. In Almanac entry, there's a single character description!

      Look at the Blooming Heart, Dusk Lobber and Moonflower! Only females can have these lashes! Have you ever seen male variant of Moonflower or Blooming Heart? I HAVEN'T!

      And what about Stunion or Chard Guard? These voices can only belong to males! Have you ever heard the yell of female Chard Guard? I totally HAVEN'T!

      So, there's NO POINT to set a gender-neutrallity in all pages! Especially on zombie pages! Remember Bikini Zombie from Big Wave Beach? And Parasol Zombie from Lost City? Or Glitter Zombie from Neon Mixtape Tour? They're all FEMALES, and NONE of them can be MALES!

        Loading editor
    • NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      TheAdmiral777 wrote:
      Just saying, most plants are actually both male and female.
      In Almanac - they're NOT. In Almanac entry, there's a single character description!

      Look at the Blooming Heart, Dusk Lobber and Moonflower! Only females can have these lashes! Have you ever seen male variant of Moonflower or Blooming Heart? I HAVEN'T!

      And what about Stunion or Chard Guard? These voices can only belong to males! Have you ever heard the yell of female Chard Guard? I totally HAVEN'T!

      So, there's NO POINT to set a gender-neutrallity in all pages! Especially on zombie pages! Remember Bikini Zombie from Big Wave Beach? And Parasol Zombie from Lost City? Or Glitter Zombie from Neon Mixtape Tour? They're all FEMALES, and NONE of them can be MALES!

      I have to raise a point here, about how you're comparing plants with humans to decide their genders.

        Loading editor
    • DatDramaPlant wrote:
      NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      TheAdmiral777 wrote:
      Just saying, most plants are actually both male and female.
      In Almanac - they're NOT. In Almanac entry, there's a single character description!

      Look at the Blooming Heart, Dusk Lobber and Moonflower! Only females can have these lashes! Have you ever seen male variant of Moonflower or Blooming Heart? I HAVEN'T!

      And what about Stunion or Chard Guard? These voices can only belong to males! Have you ever heard the yell of female Chard Guard? I totally HAVEN'T!

      So, there's NO POINT to set a gender-neutrallity in all pages! Especially on zombie pages! Remember Bikini Zombie from Big Wave Beach? And Parasol Zombie from Lost City? Or Glitter Zombie from Neon Mixtape Tour? They're all FEMALES, and NONE of them can be MALES!

      I have to raise a point here, about how you're comparing plants with humans to decide their genders.

      You know, most plants totally resemble humans! Just look:

      Sunflower: After the release of her first major Youtuber video "Zombies On Your Lawn," Sunflower's Youtuber channel has been bursting with fun. She is currently putting the final touches on her reality show TV pitch "Sunflower Thinks She Can Dance."

      'Chard Guard: 'You might remember Chard Guard from his days in the WWF (that's World Wrestling Foliage). When he was in the ring - boy-oh-boy - he was something to behold! His moves! His style! His attitude! The crowd loved him. He was quite the star for a while there. Sure, those days are behind him. But if you watch carefully, when Chard Guard is fighting zombies, you'll see him use the wrestling move he made famous. The ol' Knock 'Em Dead maneuver - it gets 'em every time.

      See? All things that most Plants like to do, really resemble human's things! Have you ever seen the plant which has the video channel? But Sunflower HAS, although she is a plant! That means plants have a human personality! The same applies to zombies! For example, Bikini Buckethead's life's dream is to perform internationally with a synchronized swimming team.

      Have you ever seen that the zombie has a dream? Zombie might just be a dumb dead reanimated body, but not in Plants vs. Zombies dimension! And all plants are not just plants!

      The main characters have a certain characteristics, although other species of their kinds may differ from each other!

        Loading editor
    • NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      You know, most plants totally resemble humans!

      While they do things like what humans would do that are stated in their Almanac entries, there are bits of misleading information. An example of a famous case here is Sun-shroom's mask costume in PvZ 2. While the Almanac refers to Sun-shroom as a he, Sun-shroom has been referred to as a she in its mask costume, therefore confusing lots of players into thinking what Sun-shroom's gender is.

        Loading editor
    • Pinkgirl234 wrote:

      NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      You know, most plants totally resemble humans!

      While they do things like what humans would do that are stated in their Almanac entries, there are bits of misleading information. An example of a famous case here is Sun-shroom's mask costume in PvZ 2. While the Almanac refers to Sun-shroom as a he, Sun-shroom has been referred to as a she in its mask costume, therefore confusing lots of players into thinking what Sun-shroom's gender is.

      Almanac is the mainest thing which determines the plant or zombie character's personality!

      This is like the passport!

      I said "character", not "species"!

        Loading editor
    • Nobody's even voting anymore, it's just constantly people replying to eachother.

        Loading editor
    • Perin.evrankaya.3 wrote:
      Nobody's even voting anymore, it's just constantly people replying to eachother.

      And what?

        Loading editor
    • NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      Perin.evrankaya.3 wrote:
      Nobody's even voting anymore, it's just constantly people replying to eachother.
      And what?

      Shouldn't we just count the votes already and decide on which one the wiki will use?

        Loading editor
    • Perin.evrankaya.3 wrote: Nobody's even voting anymore, it's just constantly people replying to eachother.

      The voting is over. Right now, we are trying to reach a huge consensus here.

      NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      Almanac is the mainest thing which determines the plant or zombie character's personality!

      Yes we mainly rely on the Almanac entry for a plant's gender info to have an idea on what gender to use for each plant but the plants' costumes count as information for the plants as well.

        Loading editor
    • Pinkgirl234 wrote:

      NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      Almanac is the mainest thing which determines the plant or zombie character's personality!

      Yes we mainly rely on the Almanac entry for a plant's gender info to have an idea on what gender to use for each plant but the plants' costumes count as information for the plants as well.

      Spring Bean? Oh, come on! That can mean that he's a transsexual or transvestite!

      Costumes are just clothes! If you're male and you wear a female dress, do you count as a female?

        Loading editor
    • Can we not go down the road of transsexuals during this?

        Loading editor
    • NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      Pinkgirl234 wrote:

      NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      You know, most plants totally resemble humans!

      While they do things like what humans would do that are stated in their Almanac entries, there are bits of misleading information. An example of a famous case here is Sun-shroom's mask costume in PvZ 2. While the Almanac refers to Sun-shroom as a he, Sun-shroom has been referred to as a she in its mask costume, therefore confusing lots of players into thinking what Sun-shroom's gender is.
      Almanac is the mainest thing which determines the plant or zombie character's personality!

      This is like the passport!

      I said "character", not "species"!

      That might be a reason to create some gender/sex categories for plants and zombies! (Some vloggers like him is working on fan-serial of Plants vs. Zombies, and the information about these characters might be very important for him!

        Loading editor
    • Camwood777 wrote:
      Can we not go down the road of transsexuals during this?

      Can you NOT underfoot me?

      Spring Bean's character is male, although it wears Hawaii's female outfit!

      As I said, costumes are not important! Like the guy wears a female clothes!

        Loading editor
    • NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      Camwood777 wrote:
      Can we not go down the road of transsexuals during this?
      Can you NOT underfoot me?

      Spring Bean's character is male, although it wears Hawaii's female outfit!

      As I said, costumes are not important! Like the guy wears a female clothes!

      Nikita, he's uncomfortable with the topic, so don't press him.

      I want to delete the comments so bad.

        Loading editor
    • Just a quick rebut. A plant may transgender if PopCap themselves stated anywhere in the PvZ games that they are transgender.

        Loading editor
    • Pinkgirl234 wrote:
      Just a quick rebut. A plant may be considered transgender unless PopCap themselves stated anywhere in the PvZ games that they are transgender.

      What're you talking about?

        Loading editor
    • Pinkgirl234 wrote: Just a quick rebut. A plant may be considered transgender unless PopCap themselves stated anywhere in the PvZ games that they are transgender.

      Um, no we can't. Because that'd be fanon; calling them transgender because of that reason wouldn't make sense.

        Loading editor
    • Not sure why no one's listened to me on this, so I'll say it yet again: Yes, some plants and zombies may obviously look male or female, but that's still not a reason to refer to groups with gendered pronouns. It is grammatically incorrect. Gendered pronouns are only supposed to be used to refer to individuals. The only individuals in the series are Crazy Dave, Zomboss, the heroes, etc. So even if we have a plant or zombies gender "confirmed" for it's entire species, it still should be referred to as an "it" when referring to the plant/zombie in general.

        Loading editor
    • Dekagamer7X9 wrote:
      Not sure why no one's listened to me on this, so I'll say it yet again: Yes, some plants and zombies may obviously look male or female, but that's still not a reason to refer to groups with gendered pronouns. It is grammatically incorrect. Gendered pronouns are only supposed to be used to refer to individuals. The only individuals in the series are Crazy Dave, Zomboss, the heroes, etc. So even if we have a plant or zombies gender "confirmed" for it's entire species, it still should be referred to as an "it" when referring to the plant/zombie in general.

      But that's too boring! "He" and "she" is better than "it"! It's like the pets! (Zombies are like Dr. Zomboss' pets, I mean, minions!)

        Loading editor
    • Camwood777 wrote:

      Pinkgirl234 wrote: Just a quick rebut. A plant may be considered transgender unless PopCap themselves stated anywhere in the PvZ games that they are transgender.

      Um, no we can't. Because that'd be fanon; calling them transgender because of that reason wouldn't make sense.

      I agree since it depends on the person's point of view.


      NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      But that's too boring! "He" and "she" is better than "it"! It's like the pets! (Zombies are like Dr. Zomboss' pets, I mean, minions!)
      That is biased and it's not acceptable on the articles of this wiki.

      Also, please don't disturb the voting process. The vote is over and users on this thread are summing up the majority suggestion of the Choice#3 votes.

        Loading editor
    • NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      Dekagamer7X9 wrote:
      Not sure why no one's listened to me on this, so I'll say it yet again: Yes, some plants and zombies may obviously look male or female, but that's still not a reason to refer to groups with gendered pronouns. It is grammatically incorrect. Gendered pronouns are only supposed to be used to refer to individuals. The only individuals in the series are Crazy Dave, Zomboss, the heroes, etc. So even if we have a plant or zombies gender "confirmed" for it's entire species, it still should be referred to as an "it" when referring to the plant/zombie in general.
      But that's too boring! "He" and "she" is better than "it"! It's like the pets! (Zombies are like Dr. Zomboss' pets, I mean, minions!)

      Pages on this wiki are not suppost to be "fun". They are suppost to be correct infomation on plants and zombies, with how to use/counter them.  Making these pages "fun" well make them look weird as a result.

        Loading editor
    • Crazyzombie168 wrote:
      NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      Dekagamer7X9 wrote:
      Not sure why no one's listened to me on this, so I'll say it yet again: Yes, some plants and zombies may obviously look male or female, but that's still not a reason to refer to groups with gendered pronouns. It is grammatically incorrect. Gendered pronouns are only supposed to be used to refer to individuals. The only individuals in the series are Crazy Dave, Zomboss, the heroes, etc. So even if we have a plant or zombies gender "confirmed" for it's entire species, it still should be referred to as an "it" when referring to the plant/zombie in general.
      But that's too boring! "He" and "she" is better than "it"! It's like the pets! (Zombies are like Dr. Zomboss' pets, I mean, minions!)
      Pages on this wiki are not suppost to be "fun". They are suppost to be correct infomation on plants and zombies, with how to use/counter them.  Making these pages "fun" well make them look weird as a result.

      I think we need to have a strawberry in the cake, so it will look more delicious! And taste better!

      The same is on the wiki!

        Loading editor
    • OK! Lets add balloons on all the pages for no reason! Add never going to give you up on all the pages! And make the wiki background a seziure inducing flashing of colours! Someone make a vote for this! NO!

        Loading editor
    • NikitaGamer64
      NikitaGamer64 removed this reply because:
      I added the wrong thing
      16:43, June 28, 2016
      This reply has been removed
    • Crazyzombie168 wrote:
      OK! Lets add balloons on all the pages for no reason! Add never going to give you up on all the pages! And make the wiki background a seziure inducing flashing of colours! Someone make a vote for this! NO!

      I'm talking about Extra stuff threads

        Loading editor
    • If you wanted a wiki with a more carefree edit style in the mainspace, you're looking for TVTropes, not here.

        Loading editor
    • Camwood777 wrote:
      If you wanted a wiki with a more carefree edit style in the mainspace, you're looking for TVTropes, not here.

      Uhhh. That is not a wiki.

        Loading editor
    • Camwood777 wrote:

      Pinkgirl234 wrote: Just a quick rebut. A plant may be considered transgender unless PopCap themselves stated anywhere in the PvZ games that they are transgender.

      Um, no we can't. Because that'd be fanon; calling them transgender because of that reason wouldn't make sense.

      Wait my bad. What I meant was a plant could be transgender if their Almanac entries anywhere in the PvZ games state so.

        Loading editor
    • Ok, I see whatever the hell is going on. I'm going to change my vote.

      Choice #1
      Ok, I get it. It's logical because there is more than one species of these plants. The ones that stand out (Solar Flare), add their gender. Add neutral gender for everything else.


      I'm not going to bump in the argument.

        Loading editor
    • Plants should be gender-neutral because there could be both male and female versions. But zombies need to be gender-specific

        Loading editor
    • BrandonPVZMaster wrote:
      Plants should be gender-neutral because there could be both male and female versions. But zombies need to be gender-specific

      No, there couldn't if we talk about Almanac plants characters! They should be gender-neutral only in strategy paragraph as units! In first paragraph of plant or zombie page and everything about personality, it's a CHARACTER! And in strategy and trivia (instead of personality) it's a UNIT!

      At least, we need to add a sex section in Infobox to every plant (according to Almanac and a pronoun in first paragraph (he or she). If there's "it", "Unknown" needs to be typed in sex section) and zombie CHARACTER.

      Just understand the difference!

        Loading editor
    • NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      BrandonPVZMaster wrote:
      Plants should be gender-neutral because there could be both male and female versions. But zombies need to be gender-specific
      No, there couldn't if we talk about Almanac plants characters! They should be gender-neutral only in strategy paragraph as units! In first paragraph of plant or zombie page and everything about personality, it's a CHARACTER! And in strategy and trivia (instead of personality) it's a UNIT!

      At least, we need to add a sex section in Infobox to every plant (according to Almanac and a pronoun in first paragraph (he or she). If there's "it", "Unknown" needs to be typed in sex section) and zombie CHARACTER.

      Just understand the difference!

      One more thing: there's a plants' sex shown on this wiki. This is a Russian version of this wiki. I hope you can speak Russian. Why there plants' sex CAN be shown like this , and in this wiki  CAN'T?

        Loading editor
    • Choice #1
      It'd best work on the plants who are singular. Calling a plant he/she when they can be planted multiple times doesn't make sense to me.


        Loading editor
    • Yappat wrote:
      Choice #1
      It'd best work on the plants who are singular. Calling a plant he/she when they can be planted multiple times doesn't make sense to me.

      That's for Almanac bottom paragraph personality, not for the lawn!

        Loading editor
    • NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      BrandonPVZMaster wrote:
      Plants should be gender-neutral because there could be both male and female versions. But zombies need to be gender-specific
      No, there couldn't if we talk about Almanac plants characters! They should be gender-neutral only in strategy paragraph as units! In first paragraph of plant or zombie page and everything about personality, it's a CHARACTER! And in strategy and trivia (instead of personality) it's a UNIT!

      At least, we need to add a sex section in Infobox to every plant (according to Almanac and a pronoun in first paragraph (he or she). If there's "it", "Unknown" needs to be typed in sex section) and zombie CHARACTER.

      Just understand the difference!

      Haha no. I think you're confused.

      In the first paragraph, we talk about generally what the plant does. Saying that's a character, basically means all different things (e.g. Peashooter) will do different things. After all, it's just one, right?

      And we don't have personality. This isn't PvZRP which uses generic characters so it's feasible.

        Loading editor
    • God named ARUGAL wrote: Ok, I see whatever the hell is going on. I'm going to change my vote.

      Choice #1
      Ok, I get it. It's logical because there is more than one species of these plants. The ones that stand out (Solar Flare), add their gender. Add neutral gender for everything else.

      and

      Yappat wrote:

      Choice #1
      It'd best work on the plants who are singular. Calling a plant he/she when they can be planted multiple times doesn't make sense to me.
      Plants-Vs-ZombiesTwo Disqualified votes
      The voting have been concluded, with the "suggestion choice" as the majority.
        Loading editor
    • Can we please decide quickly... I have had enough of arguing.

      I think Deka's suggestion is pretty feasible.

        Loading editor
    • DatDramaPlant wrote:
      NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      BrandonPVZMaster wrote:
      Plants should be gender-neutral because there could be both male and female versions. But zombies need to be gender-specific
      No, there couldn't if we talk about Almanac plants characters! They should be gender-neutral only in strategy paragraph as units! In first paragraph of plant or zombie page and everything about personality, it's a CHARACTER! And in strategy and trivia (instead of personality) it's a UNIT!

      At least, we need to add a sex section in Infobox to every plant (according to Almanac and a pronoun in first paragraph (he or she). If there's "it", "Unknown" needs to be typed in sex section) and zombie CHARACTER.

      Just understand the difference!

      Haha no. I think you're confused.

      In the first paragraph, we talk about generally what the plant does. Saying that's a character, basically means all different things (e.g. Peashooter) will do different things. After all, it's just one, right?

      And we don't have personality. This isn't PvZRP which uses generic characters so it's feasible.

      There's a personality in Almanac's paragraph of trivia, for example: He's the strong, silent type and little is known about Spring Bean. What is known though: his fan club is a million followers strong. And the ladies love him. That's about Spring Bean.

      Well, there're another paragraph where "he" and "she" pronouns have a place! But should they stay there? I think they should.

        Loading editor
    • NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      DatDramaPlant wrote:
      NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      BrandonPVZMaster wrote:
      Plants should be gender-neutral because there could be both male and female versions. But zombies need to be gender-specific
      No, there couldn't if we talk about Almanac plants characters! They should be gender-neutral only in strategy paragraph as units! In first paragraph of plant or zombie page and everything about personality, it's a CHARACTER! And in strategy and trivia (instead of personality) it's a UNIT!

      At least, we need to add a sex section in Infobox to every plant (according to Almanac and a pronoun in first paragraph (he or she). If there's "it", "Unknown" needs to be typed in sex section) and zombie CHARACTER.

      Just understand the difference!

      Haha no. I think you're confused.

      In the first paragraph, we talk about generally what the plant does. Saying that's a character, basically means all different things (e.g. Peashooter) will do different things. After all, it's just one, right?

      And we don't have personality. This isn't PvZRP which uses generic characters so it's feasible.

      There's a personality in Almanac's paragraph of trivia, for example: He's the strong, silent type and little is known about Spring Bean. What is known though: his fan club is a million followers strong. And the ladies love him. That's about Spring Bean.

      Well, there're another paragraph where "he" and "she" pronouns have a place! But should they stay there? I think they should.

      ...That's the almanac entry. We HAVE to copy it word for word. Isn't that obvious?

        Loading editor
    • DatDramaPlant wrote:
      NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      DatDramaPlant wrote:
      NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      BrandonPVZMaster wrote:
      Plants should be gender-neutral because there could be both male and female versions. But zombies need to be gender-specific
      No, there couldn't if we talk about Almanac plants characters! They should be gender-neutral only in strategy paragraph as units! In first paragraph of plant or zombie page and everything about personality, it's a CHARACTER! And in strategy and trivia (instead of personality) it's a UNIT!

      At least, we need to add a sex section in Infobox to every plant (according to Almanac and a pronoun in first paragraph (he or she). If there's "it", "Unknown" needs to be typed in sex section) and zombie CHARACTER.

      Just understand the difference!

      Haha no. I think you're confused.

      In the first paragraph, we talk about generally what the plant does. Saying that's a character, basically means all different things (e.g. Peashooter) will do different things. After all, it's just one, right?

      And we don't have personality. This isn't PvZRP which uses generic characters so it's feasible.

      There's a personality in Almanac's paragraph of trivia, for example: He's the strong, silent type and little is known about Spring Bean. What is known though: his fan club is a million followers strong. And the ladies love him. That's about Spring Bean.

      Well, there're another paragraph where "he" and "she" pronouns have a place! But should they stay there? I think they should.

      ...That's the almanac entry. We HAVE to copy it word for word. Isn't that obvious?

      The whole plant's personality is in its Almanac Entry. Sometimes there's shown its sex (he/she)! And for unknown sex' plants, somebody came up with result! For example, Intensive Carrot is now a male for everybody on the wiki! That means, we have a point to add a sex section to the infobox of plants and zombies!

        Loading editor
    • Now, here's the result of the suggestions:

      Votes that are similar to or based on Deka's suggestion: 6

      Votes that are other ideas that aren't similar to nor based on Deka's suggestion: 8
      (#11, #16, #28, #29, #32, #35, #53, #68)

      Majority goes to Deka's suggestion; "Using gendered pronouns only to refer to singular characters, such as Crazy Dave, Zomboss, Heroes, etc." (that means non-zombie characters must be gender-neutral, even for a zombie like Bikini Zombie).

      ....I literally wasted my homework time for this.

        Loading editor
    • AWikiBoy521 wrote:
      Now, here's the result of the suggestions:

      Votes that are similar to or based on Deka's suggestion: 6

      Votes that are other ideas that aren't similar to nor based on Deka's suggestion: 8
      (#11, #16, #28, #29, #32, #35, #53, #68)

      Majority goes to Deka's suggestion; "Using gendered pronouns only to refer to singular characters, such as Crazy Dave, Zomboss, Heroes, etc." (that means non-zombie characters must be gender-neutral, even for a zombie like Bikini Zombie).

      ....I literally wasted my homework time for this.

      And what about a sex section for the infoboxes? If there ARE they in the Russian wiki, why can't we create them for THIS wiki?

        Loading editor
    • NikitaGamer64 wrote:

      AWikiBoy521 wrote:
      Now, here's the result of the suggestions:

      Votes that are similar to or based on Deka's suggestion: 6

      Votes that are other ideas that aren't similar to nor based on Deka's suggestion: 8
      (#11, #16, #28, #29, #32, #35, #53, #68)

      Majority goes to Deka's suggestion; "Using gendered pronouns only to refer to singular characters, such as Crazy Dave, Zomboss, Heroes, etc." (that means non-zombie characters must be gender-neutral, even for a zombie like Bikini Zombie).

      ....I literally wasted my homework time for this.

      And what about a sex section for the infoboxes? If there ARE they in the Russian wiki, why can't we create them for THIS wiki?

      The Russian wiki of PvZ Wiki can create their own rules and guidelines regarding on whether to refer plants by their genders or not. We have our own rules and guidelines here in this English wiki.

        Loading editor
    • Pinkgirl234 wrote:

      NikitaGamer64 wrote:

      AWikiBoy521 wrote:
      Now, here's the result of the suggestions:

      Votes that are similar to or based on Deka's suggestion: 6

      Votes that are other ideas that aren't similar to nor based on Deka's suggestion: 8
      (#11, #16, #28, #29, #32, #35, #53, #68)

      Majority goes to Deka's suggestion; "Using gendered pronouns only to refer to singular characters, such as Crazy Dave, Zomboss, Heroes, etc." (that means non-zombie characters must be gender-neutral, even for a zombie like Bikini Zombie).

      ....I literally wasted my homework time for this.

      And what about a sex section for the infoboxes? If there ARE they in the Russian wiki, why can't we create them for THIS wiki?
      The Russian wiki of PvZ Wiki can create their own rules regarding whether to refer plants by their genders or not. We have our own rules here in this English wiki.

      I think all wikis of the same game/theme with different languages need to be interrelated! Or else it's not even fair!

        Loading editor
    • NikitaGamer64 wrote:
      Pinkgirl234 wrote:

      NikitaGamer64 wrote:


      AWikiBoy521 wrote:
      Now, here's the result of the suggestions:

      Votes that are similar to or based on Deka's suggestion: 6

      Votes that are other ideas that aren't similar to nor based on Deka's suggestion: 8
      (#11, #16, #28, #29, #32, #35, #53, #68)

      Majority goes to Deka's suggestion; "Using gendered pronouns only to refer to singular characters, such as Crazy Dave, Zomboss, Heroes, etc." (that means non-zombie characters must be gender-neutral, even for a zombie like Bikini Zombie).

      ....I literally wasted my homework time for this.

      And what about a sex section for the infoboxes? If there ARE they in the Russian wiki, why can't we create them for THIS wiki?
      The Russian Wiki of PvZ Wiki can create their own rules regarding whether to refer plants by their genders or not. We have our own rules here in this English wiki.
      I think all wikis of the same game/theme with different languages need to be interrelated! Or else it's not even fair!

      Keywords: "I think"

        Loading editor
    • NikitaGamer64 wrote:

      Pinkgirl234 wrote:

      NikitaGamer64 wrote:

      AWikiBoy521 wrote:
      Now, here's the result of the suggestions:

      Votes that are similar to or based on Deka's suggestion: 6

      Votes that are other ideas that aren't similar to nor based on Deka's suggestion: 8
      (#11, #16, #28, #29, #32, #35, #53, #68)

      Majority goes to Deka's suggestion; "Using gendered pronouns only to refer to singular characters, such as Crazy Dave, Zomboss, Heroes, etc." (that means non-zombie characters must be gender-neutral, even for a zombie like Bikini Zombie).

      ....I literally wasted my homework time for this.

      And what about a sex section for the infoboxes? If there ARE they in the Russian wiki, why can't we create them for THIS wiki?
      The Russian Wiki of PvZ Wiki can create their own rules regarding whether to refer plants by their genders or not. We have our own rules here in this English wiki.

      I think all wikis of the same game/theme with different languages need to be interrelated! Or else it's not even fair!

      Just because they do that doesn't mean we should also do it as well. As I said, this wiki has its own set of rules and guidelines.

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.