FANDOM


  • IDontCareAboutHistory
    IDontCareAboutHistory closed this thread because:
    Opposed and dead
    18:46, May 4, 2018

    Here we go:

    I would like to be a rollback, especially now when we only have 1.



    Pros:

    ·I have much more free time than I would like, being able to watch the new edits and rapidly detecting something out of place.

    ·I am almost always on this wiki as is the only one I go to, being quite active.

    Cons:

    ·I have one or two problems at using a variation of words as you can check right now since English is not my first language.

    ·I have little to no knowledge about the templates we use.

    ·As you can check I am a man of few words at writting for a specific public yet I tend to enlarge more than neccesary at writting for everyone.



    Now you may decide, bye.

      Loading editor
    • Leaning towards an oppose because

      a) Lackluster application - Those pros and cons aren't giving a whole lot of info that back up why we should want to have you as a rollback. That and your motivation to be a rollback because we only have 1 is invalid.

      b) You only have been active in mainspace for less than a week (April 21-26) - Ok, yeah, you're active in mainspace, but not until very recently. It's just a no if you haven't shown that you are consistently active on mainspace.

      c) You barely meet the requirements (101 edits) - Minuscule nitpick, but making a promotion thread right after meeting the requirements kinda makes you look power-hungry, but really, it shows that you don't have much experience.


      P.S. Due to new rules, this is a discussion and not a vote, so don't use the voting templates. kthx

        Loading editor
    • I barely go onto mainpage so I don't think I should cast my vote.

        Loading editor
    • Support. Cuz' why not?

        Loading editor
    • VeXJL wrote: Leaning towards an oppose because

      a) Lackluster application - Those pros and cons aren't giving a whole lot of info that back up why we should want to have you as a rollback. That and your motivation to be a rollback because we only have 1 is invalid.

      b) You only have been active in mainspace for less than a week (April 21-26) - Ok, yeah, you're active in mainspace, but not until very recently. It's just a no if you haven't shown that you are consistently active on mainspace.

      c) You barely meet the requirements (101 edits) - Minuscule nitpick, but making a promotion thread right after meeting the requirements kinda makes you look power-hungry, but really, it shows that you don't have much experience.


      P.S. Due to new rules, this is a discussion and not a vote, so don't use the voting templates. kthx

      He has 593 edits.

        Loading editor
    • JaidenTaco1016 wrote:

      VeXJL wrote: Leaning towards an oppose because

      a) Lackluster application - Those pros and cons aren't giving a whole lot of info that back up why we should want to have you as a rollback. That and your motivation to be a rollback because we only have 1 is invalid.

      b) You only have been active in mainspace for less than a week (April 21-26) - Ok, yeah, you're active in mainspace, but not until very recently. It's just a no if you haven't shown that you are consistently active on mainspace.

      c) You barely meet the requirements (101 edits) - Minuscule nitpick, but making a promotion thread right after meeting the requirements kinda makes you look power-hungry, but really, it shows that you don't have much experience.


      P.S. Due to new rules, this is a discussion and not a vote, so don't use the voting templates. kthx

      He has 593 edits.

      I have over 10,000. Promote me to b-crat.

      That's not how it works. Just because they meet the requirements doesn't mean they'll do a good job.

        Loading editor
    • JaidenTaco1016 wrote:

      VeXJL wrote: Leaning towards an oppose because

      a) Lackluster application - Those pros and cons aren't giving a whole lot of info that back up why we should want to have you as a rollback. That and your motivation to be a rollback because we only have 1 is invalid.

      b) You only have been active in mainspace for less than a week (April 21-26) - Ok, yeah, you're active in mainspace, but not until very recently. It's just a no if you haven't shown that you are consistently active on mainspace.

      c) You barely meet the requirements (101 edits) - Minuscule nitpick, but making a promotion thread right after meeting the requirements kinda makes you look power-hungry, but really, it shows that you don't have much experience.


      P.S. Due to new rules, this is a discussion and not a vote, so don't use the voting templates. kthx

      He has 593 edits.

      Mainspace edits

        Loading editor
    • I'll be honest. I've never seen you very active. Improve your activity, and you may be considered.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, I am with Shroom on that one. I've never really seen you do much and the application is quite poor.

        Loading editor
    • JaidenTaco1016 wrote:
      Support. Cuz' why not?

      Y'know that this freakin' "reason" is one of those invalid reasons right.

        Loading editor
    • Anyway, as for my opinion, I saw you editing some good edits before, and seems like you've just got back here like 5 days ago. Normally I'd choose to stall this for some weeks to see your activity in the future (max is 3 weeks in case anyone didn't know) but hecc that super-short application of yours just ruin it, so better off failing this one and make a better new one next month imo.

      Oh yeah, also your application is clearly missing the "Completed requirements for having the rights" part. Have you even read the rules clearly?

        Loading editor
    • Sorry but I have a bad feeling that this role isn't for you. Like Ra said, you're missing a crucial part of your application.You didn't mention if you have achieved the required edits in here.

        Loading editor
    • Well, he achieved the required edits, BARELY. But what I'm more focused here is his time being active here. The missing of the mention of required edits is just one of the reasons of what makes the application bad.

        Loading editor
    • Can I just say that you all are being really, really nitpicky here?

      I'm not saying I support the application, but do you really have to care so much about every little detail?

        Loading editor
    • DatDramaPlant wrote: Can I just say that you all are being really, really nitpicky here?

      I'm not saying I support the application, but do you really have to care so much about every little detail?

      What exactly is nitpicky about it?

        Loading editor
    • Jackninja5DipperGravityFalls wrote:

      DatDramaPlant wrote: Can I just say that you all are being really, really nitpicky here?

      I'm not saying I support the application, but do you really have to care so much about every little detail?

      What exactly is nitpicky about it?
      I find the fact that "oh you missed a tiny part of the application" as a reason for dislike the application is kind of a stupid reason. Especially if the section is pretty much a given in the situation. Personally, I don't see the need to say that "I've met the requirements" because if you have at least half a brain, you'd have checked that before running for the position.

      The other reasons are ok except for the one that goes "you only reached the bare minimum hence power hungry"

        Loading editor
    • Jackninja5DipperGravityFalls
      Jackninja5DipperGravityFalls removed this reply because:
      Off-topic post.
      16:22, April 27, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Chainut wrote:
      I don't know how to play Y_Y

      This is not a game, but rather a more serious thing.

      Anyway, I am in the wiki everyday, even when I'm not editing or replying I'm checking the newest edits. The work of a rollback is not just editing but also checking that the mainspace is right.

      Apart from that, I need someone to create and put the templates for the Chinese Modern Day levels.

        Loading editor
    • Again, I'm only concerned about your time being active here. Your edits are pretty good, I must admit, but the time you started to be active on mainspace is not even a week ago. Also, is it even that hard to make a good application? You can just copypasta the others for the basic form yknow.

        Loading editor
    • BonkyChoiSE wrote:

      Chainut wrote:
      I don't know how to play Y_Y

      This is not a game, but rather a more serious thing.

      Anyway, I am in the wiki everyday, even when I'm not editing or replying I'm checking the newest edits. The work of a rollback is not just editing but also checking that the mainspace is right.

      Apart from that, I need someone to create and put the templates for the Chinese Modern Day levels.

      Yeah, and editing articles is proof to show that you are checking mainspace. That and it's a good indication as to whether you do or don't know which edits are good or bad, proper formatting, manual of style, etc.

        Loading editor
    • VeXJL wrote:

      c) You barely meet the requirements (101 edits) - Minuscule nitpick, but making a promotion thread right after meeting the requirements kinda makes you look power-hungry, but really, it shows that you don't have much experience.

      slow clap

        Loading editor
    • Just by looking at your application, it doesn't look very thought out and concise. You seem to find more cons than pros, so I'd recommend fixing them to the best of your ability, and also taking our feedback. 

        Loading editor
    • I see a bunch of staff members already discussing this, and I know my opinion isn't valid anymore, but I'd like to make an example of my time as a rollback. I applied with only 127 mainspace edits, only got the job because everyone voted neutral, and now a year or two later have been demoted by my own choice. Give it time, maybe then people will listen. Lack of knowledge about templates will have you turning out like me.

        Loading editor
    • For the moment I'm learning more about them to get more familiarised (is that a word?) with them, putting the level template in MD took me a long time, but beecause of the mistake of Copy-Pasting directly from the template page rather than from an actual level. About the lack of word variety 'm using an online dictionary (and the RAE). I am able to get on it, and quicker than you all might think as, like I posted at the begining; I have too much free time.

        Loading editor
    • *Sigh*, yet again at it.

      Okay, yes, the application is pretty poorly made, seems like it's his first one, we all start somewhere.



      But let's look at other facts, okay? According to Phantom, his edits are good. But he wasn't *reeeally* active till a short while ago. While yes, activity is what determines your position a fair bit, what good is an active user that won't make quality edits? Exactly.

      People gotta stop having this mentality of numbers = power. Come on. You could make 1000 edits out of fixing "_"s and extra spaces on pages, and, by the logic, instantly win any staff position because "lol, you have more than the usual".

      If the standards are low, then RAISE them. Think getting a button for 100 MS edits is too little? Do something!



      I think the wiki would be infinitely better if this mentality wasn't so widespread. Come on, quality over quantity any day, dudes.

        Loading editor
    • How does this work?

        Loading editor
    • Hey Bonkchoi! Admin here, I have to agree with all of my colleagues, your activity only came up a week ago, and if you were to continue this activity for longer as well as provide a more well-constructed applicatipon, we'd definitely take you as part of the team, but for now, it's a no from me.

      Sorry.

        Loading editor
    • JaidenTaco1016 wrote:

      Support. Cuz' why not?

      Can you give reasons as to why you support the user for being a rollback? "Why not" is not enough nor is it exactly valid.

        Loading editor
    • Light Bomber wrote: *Sigh*, yet again at it.

      Okay, yes, the application is pretty poorly made, seems like it's his first one, we all start somewhere.



      But let's look at other facts, okay? According to Phantom, his edits are good. But he wasn't *reeeally* active till a short while ago. While yes, activity is what determines your position a fair bit, what good is an active user that won't make quality edits? Exactly.

      People gotta stop having this mentality of numbers = power. Come on. You could make 1000 edits out of fixing "_"s and extra spaces on pages, and, by the logic, instantly win any staff position because "lol, you have more than the usual".

      If the standards are low, then RAISE them. Think getting a button for 100 MS edits is too little? Do something!



      I think the wiki would be infinitely better if this mentality wasn't so widespread. Come on, quality over quantity any day, dudes.

      Might as well rid ourselves of this whole "requirement" thing. If push comes to shove, we can just rely on having staff pick these users like recently rather than having them create a promotion thread.

        Loading editor
    • Look, this thread cannot be closed if all the staff don't agree to. And as I said before, I will have to stall this until Bonkchoi gets enough experience and activity on this crap.

        Loading editor
    • Phantom of Ra wrote: Look, this thread cannot be closed if all the staff don't agree to. And as I said before, I will have to stall this until Bonkchoi gets enough experience and activity on this crap.

      this is such a bad idea like this thread will be dead long before the 3 weeks are up

        Loading editor
    • Yknow that the main place to discuss the result is actually the staff server right.

      Also, in case everyone forgets about this, it'll just end with Bonkchoi not promoted, nothing much.

        Loading editor
    • ThisUserLikesOreo
      ThisUserLikesOreo removed this reply because:
      irrelevant
      10:02, April 30, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • Agree with Phantom of Ra. Bonkchoy needs to prove a lot more than what he has here on the table.

        Loading editor
    • Hey jaiden, can you do us all a favor and try to contribute to discussion?

      You're not even allowed to vote and your posts are borderline spam.

        Loading editor
    • Mental Skillness wrote:
      Hey jaiden, can you do us all a favor and try to contribute to discussion?

      You're not even allowed to vote and your posts are borderline spam.

      are.. are they not spam?

        Loading editor
    • VeXJL
      VeXJL removed this reply because:
      uh...
      16:14, April 30, 2018
      This reply has been removed
    • ScratchyTheCat wrote:
      I'm opposing.

      For nothing?

        Loading editor
    • Eh, applications really don't matter. It's what the user has actually done for the wiki. Second of all, he went immediately? That doesn't signalize power hunger, maybe he's just hyped up to help as a rollback. I'm staying neutral on this. I can agree on the "you've only become active x days ago" thing, though.

        Loading editor
    • Yeah, pretty much why this thread's gonna be stalled for at least a week or so.

        Loading editor
    • Right, more than a week now. I'd say your activity is decent, despite the crappy application. I might think of supporting this, but we'll see for the others.

        Loading editor
    • What? Why not close it and let him do it again in a month? That's how the system should work, anyway.

        Loading editor
    • IDontCareAboutHistory wrote:
      What? Why not close it and let him do it again in a month? That's how the system should work, anyway.

      I can't close a darn thread. Any staff can close the thread as long as there is a reasonable reason, and by that I mean not being offended by a tons of staffs later on.

        Loading editor
    • Phantom of Ra wrote:

      IDontCareAboutHistory wrote:
      What? Why not close it and let him do it again in a month? That's how the system should work, anyway.

      I can't close a darn thread. Any staff can close the thread as long as there is a reasonable reason, and by that I mean not being offended by a tons of staffs later on.

      I'm closing it, then.

        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.