The Boonies was the first map stage of Plants vs. Zombies Adventures. It had five levels. It introduced the Conehead Zombie to the player. The player had to go through two to four levels to get the Fog-a-majig, and five levels to get the Wall-nut.
The name was a reference to the movie "The Goonies".
The Boonies contained five stages.
- This was the only map where the player received the item to unlock a lot before finishing it.
- The Boonies was one of three maps where two zombies are encountered instead of one, with the others being Sweaty Palms and Mildew Meadow.
- The Boonies had only five levels, which made it the shortest map.
- The player unlocked the most plants in the game here.
- A serious glitch could occur when the player had unlocked level 4. Even if the player had already completed level 3, the game forced the player to choose level 3 again. After the player chose their plants, the cursor became unclickable when the Start Battle button was clicked.
- The postcard resembled the “Greetings from New York” postcard.
- This is the only 1 out of 2 maps that has a picture of it's beta version, the other being Dire Spires.
- The beta versions of the level buttons were signs.