Tall-nut Zombie is one of the four zombies exclusive to the mini-game ZomBotany 2, being the zombie counterpart of Tall-nut. It can take huge amounts of damage, much like the Wall-nut Zombie, and is the fifth strongest zombie in Plants vs. Zombies. Unlike the other ZomBotany zombies, it lacks movement speed or any other special ability, so it is not the biggest threat of the ZomBotany zombies. Its toughness is comparable to a Gargantuar (although it's not quite as high, but same as non-zombie Tall-nuts), being able to take two hits from Squashes, Potato Mines, and one hit from the other instant kills, like Chomper or just over three Gloom-shrooms lined up next to it. Just like the other ZomBotany zombies, it does not have a Suburban Almanac entry.
The Tall-nut Zombie absorbs 2400 damage per shot, and its appearance changes upon absorbing 740, 1480 and 2300 damage per shot before dying at 2400 damage per shot.
The Tall-nut Zombie has very high toughness. Most instant kills are able to defeat it easily, however it will tank one hit from a Squash or Potato Mine, so be careful when using them. The Hypno-shroom can also easily neutralize it and due to its high health and poor movement speed, the hypnotized Tall-nut zombie will be able to fend off several zombies before it is defeated.
Chompers are able to instantly destroy a Tall-nut Zombie regardless of its health, so using them to get rid of this zombie is a good idea. However, because he takes 42 seconds to swallow any zombie, the Chomper will likely require support from other plants to fend off weaker zombies and ensure that he only eats the Tall-nut Zombies.
For the Ducky Tube Tall-nut Zombies, one can use Tangle Kelp to instantly destroy it. If paired with a Gatling Pea Zombie or Jalapeno Zombie at once, these combinations can wreak havoc on your plants if you are unprepared. Of course, since they all eat plants, they can be diverted to an empty pool lane with Garlic and from there ,the fight against it will be easier if the player is using Gloom-shroom or Cattail.
- Using Squash or Potato Mine will cripple it, leaving it with 600 health, around that of a Conehead Zombie.
- It is the only zombie with a head that's almost bigger than its entire body, because of its head size being the same size as a normal-sized Tall-nut.
- All of its degrades are re-used from Tall-Nut.
- It is one of the five zombies that takes more than one instant kill to kill, with the others being the Gargantuar, Giga-gargantuar, Dr. Zomboss, and Giga-Football Zombie.
- It is the only one of them that exclusively appears in mini-games.
- It, Jalapeno Zombie, Wall-nut Zombie, and the Zombie Club do not have ties.
- This may be due to their elongated heads.
- This did not happen in the Android Version.
- There is a glitch in the DS version, where killing it once the head is damaged will cause its arm will break and, if using a Squash, it will fall with its head on. This can also occur on the PC version if he triggers a Potato Mine after taking some damage.
- Squash Zombies can destroy a Tall-nut in one hit. However, the Tall-nut Zombie cannot be defeated by Squash in a single hit at full health.
- It is likely intentional to increase difficulty.
- It may also be because the instants' power is calculated by damage or health factors, while Squash Zombie simply uses Gargantuar's plant destruction system if it hits a plant, which is indicated by how plants use their "flattened" sprite.
- A similar thing happens with Jack-in-the-Box Zombie.
- A Tall-nut can withstand 8000 damage per shot, while the Tall-nut Zombie withstands 2400 damage per shot (which is a third of that) meaning that the Tall-nut Zombie is actually weaker than the Tall-nut.
- Despite being able to withstand 2400 DPS, a Tall-nut Zombie can be defeated by a single instant kill at full health, even though they only deal 1800 DPS. Even more strangely, it can survive a Squash or Potato Mine even though they do the same amount of damage as other instant kills.