- For other uses, see Tall-nut (disambiguation).
Tall-nut is a defensive plant in Plants vs. Zombies. He costs 125 sun and has an identical recharge time of the Wall-nut, but also has twice as much health. Additionally, Tall-nut can also block most flying enemies from passing through, forcing them to eat him instead.
Tall-nut is unlocked after completing Level 3-8. Tall-nut can block the following enemies:
Tall-nuts can withstand 7200 damage per shot, and his appearance changes at 2400 damage and 4800 damage, before finally being eaten at 7200 damage. Winning Pogo Party without using Tall-nuts and Magnet-shrooms will give the player the Sproing! Sproing! achievement.
Suburban Almanac entry
Tall-nuts are heavy-duty wall plants that can't be vaulted or jumped over.
Toughness: very high
Special: can't be vaulted or jumped over
People wonder if there's a rivalry between Wall-nut and Tall-nut. Tall-nut laughs a rich baritone laugh. "How could there be anything between us? We are brothers. If you knew what Wall-nut has done for me..." Tall-nut's voice trails off and he smiles knowingly.
Tall-nut shares the role with Wall-nut as a buffer layer between other offensive plants and the incoming horde. Compared to Wall-nut, Tall-nut will have more trouble getting deployed in the early game due to increased cost but makes up for it with superior performance in the following level thanks to the significantly increased durability. Tall-nut's usefulness is also due to the plant's unique ability to block flying zombies and prevent them from creating chaos in the player's defense line.
Tall-nut can significantly boost the effectiveness of plants with limited attack range such as Spikeweed by holding the zombies in place for them to attack. Being a defensive plant, Tall-nut can also be instantly replaced with Wall-nut First Aid as long as there is visual degradation. Imitater can remedy Tall-nut's long recharge time issue - even then, however, Tall-nut should never be completely relied on in Survival: Endless, as the massive amount of zombies can quickly overwhelm the plant.
Planting Tall-nut on Lily Pad is a simple way to block Dolphin Rider Zombie and make him lose his dolphin. However, the player should bear in mind that never plant Tall-nut on the rightmost column. The Dolphin Rider Zombie can jump over it for unknown reasons.
- Main article: Pogo Party
Tall-nut is a good choice for Pogo Party, as he can block the incoming Pogo Zombies and render them much less of a threat to the player's defense. However, this will prevent the player from earning the achievement Sproing! Sproing!.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Tall-nut (PvZ).
- Due to a hitbox issue, when a Gloom-shroom is planted behind him (in the same row or the rows above and below), the Gloom-shroom will not attack zombies in front of him unless a Dolphin Rider Zombie, Pole Vaulting Zombie, or Pogo Zombie tries to jump over the Tall-nut.
- When zombies are eating him, he will stop his animation and just stand still. However, in the DS version, he is still moving.
- The only Tall-nuts in I, Zombie are on All your brainz r belong to us, on the front of the second row.
- In the Nintendo DS version, if there are two side-by-side Tall-nuts and a Dolphin Rider Zombie attempts to jump the first, he will smack the first Tall-nut and appear on the second one.
- In the Nintendo DS version, the second stage of a Tall-nut appears as a scratch or a bite mark rather than above.