- For the version in Plants vs. Zombies Social Edition and Plants vs. Zombies: Great Wall Edition, see Talisman Zombie.
Talisman Zombie is a mini-boss in Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars. He has an ability to slap plants when he is close to them. His boss skill is to throw away the fu (talisman paper) which is sticking on his face, as it will do a double-scratch on a plant. However, his boss skill can only be activated when he is close to a plant.
This zombie is based on a Jiangshi, which is Chinese for "stiff corpse", or "zombie". The clothes he wears are the ones of an official during the Qing Dynasty. Specifically, he wears the robes of a tax-collector or marshal, and the hat he wears is the winter variant of the original summer conical shaped hat, made from rattan or other similar material.
- Talisman Zombie is actually from the Qing dynasty, while the world that he belongs in takes place during the Ming dynasty.
- The yellow paper talisman (pinyin: "fu") is supposed to stop the Jiangshi from moving, not to get it to attack enemies.
- However, the Talisman Zombie still moves and is able to take the paper out with his skill, which means the fu only stopped him from abusing his powerful skill in the game.
- Just like most other zombies, his bone sticks out. This is most likely a programming mistake.
- His right hand becomes its left hand when he dies. This is a glitch.
- He resembles one of the Chinese zombies in the first game.