- For more information about the character that this line is based on, see Cattail.
The line consists of Cattail (猫尾草; pinyin: māo wěi cǎo), Dogtail (狗尾草; pinyin: gǒu wěi cǎo), and Foxtail (狐尾草; pinyin: hú wěi cǎo). They all specialize in generating wrath and attack by firing spikes from their tails.
All members of the Tail line are based on various types of plants that are named after animals, more specifically their tails. Their appearances are based on the animal on which their base plants are named after.
The first tier, Cattail, is based on the plant from previous games with the same name and appearance.
The third tier, Foxtail, is based on a Alopecurus pratensis, also known as the Meadow foxtail, a perennial grass plant native to Europe and Asia.
Its method of attack involving numerous thin spikes is based on the diaspore that is also called the Foxtail, a seed dispersal unit which uses easily removable spikes to stick to animal fur.
Ways to obtain
Tail line is given as a reward for collecting 90 stars in Pirate Seas. Additional puzzle pieces can be obtained by replaying The Great Wall of China - Day 23, Kongfu World - Day 13 or Far Future - Day 3 or through Soulmates Puzzle system.
Abilities are unlocked by tiering up, while their effect is increased through star leveling.
Note: 10(+5)% means that at LV1 this ability has a 10% on LV1, 15% on LV2 and so on.
After unlocking the Tail line, additional puzzle pieces can be used to upgrade it, which increases its stats and ability LVs.
|Stars||Puzzle Pieces& required||Upgrade||Coins||Stars||Puzzle Pieces& required||Upgrade||Coins|
Tail line stats will be increased if these specific plants are unlocked.
|Plant line||Tier 1||Tier 2||Tier 3|
- The Tail line changed between updates.
- There was a game mechanic, based on elements. Tail line's element was earth. However, members of this line used the slingshot (equipment for water) as their weapon.
- Tail line's feature was orange.
- Active ability was changed. It used to deal damage to the enemy with lowest health. It was scrapped to be replaced with current one.
- Foxtail is one of three plants that replaces another plant from a previous version of the game. In this case, it is the replacement for Liontail.
- Cattail's spikes do not home in on zombies in this game. Also, it only shoots one spike at a time.
- Cattail can only be planted on land in this game.
- Cattail's design in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2 is based on its design in this game.
Liontail was based on, or at least named after, the Leonotis leonurus, otherwise known as the Lion's tail, a broadleaf shrub native to southern Africa.
|Fatal Blow||Attacks enemy with lowest health. It requires Brave Plant Food to activate.|