- For the item of a similar name that appears exclusively in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2, see Tactical Cuke. For the version in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes, see Tactical Cuke.
Tactical Cuke is a plant in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare. It is located near the very end of the Main Street map found in Gardens & Graveyards, where the zombies must prevent it from being launched into Zomboss Mountain.
It is a parody of tactical nuclear weapon, often abbreviated to "tactical nuke."
The Plants have deployed their secret weapon, the TACTICAL CUKE. Can the zombies take it out before it launches and destroys Zomboss Mountain?
Once all gardens are captured by the zombies, the plants must defend the Tactical Cuke stored in the greenhouse. The zombies must run through the parking lot towards the building while avoiding cob missiles being shot by Corn Mortars. Once inside, the zombies must arm four bombs, and the plants have to prevent this.
If the plants successfully defend it until the timer runs out, the Tactical Cuke will launch into the air, presumably going straight towards Zomboss Mountain.
If the zombies managed to arm all four bombs, the Tactical Cuke will fail to launch and collapse backwards.
- It returns briefly during Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2, whereas it only appears in the Agent Corn missions, and is the size of a mini-model instead of its original size.
- It also appears as an Epic Backyard Item for the Backyard Battleground, which seems to be more massive than it was in Garden Warfare.
- It also appears on the icon of the achievement Lawn Care, which is earned for customizing one's Backyard Battleground with an Epic item, referencing the fact that it is a customization for the Backyard Battleground.
- It is one of two Epic Backyard Items that were present in the original Garden Warfare as a final Gardens and Graveyards map objective, with the other being the Mega Flower.