- For other uses, see Sweet Potato (disambiguation).
Sweet Potato is a recent recurring character within the Plants vs. Zombies franchise. Sweet Potato acts is a defensive plant who moves zombies from other lanes to her own, allowing them to be more easily attacked.
As of Plants vs. Zombies 3, she has appeared in three games.
Sweet Potato is based on Ipomoea batatas, known as sweet potato, the tuberous root of the bindweed or morning glory family, Convolvulaceae, that is known for its incredibly sweet taste.
Her name is based on "sweet" because she attracts zombie with her sweetness along with her Almanac entry in Plants vs. Zombies 2, and "sweet potato", the plant Sweet Potato is based on.
- Main article: Sweet Potato (PvZ2)
She costs 150 sun, 300 in the Chinese version, and attracts zombies from adjacent lanes in a 1x3 area in front of her. Should all lanes be full of Sweet Potatoes, zombies will not switch between lanes.
- Main article: Sweet Potato (PvZH)
She costs 1, has 3 and Team-Up. When she is played, she moves a selected zombie to the lane she is currently occupying.
- Main article: Sweet Potato (PvZ3)
Like in Plants vs. Zombies 2, she retains her ability of attracting nearby zombies to her own tile. However she has the added ability of unearthing Miner Threats both in her own, and in adjacent lanes.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Sweet Potato.
- The brown area on her body appears to be the brown peel of the real life sweet potato.
- She is actually only distantly related to the potato family. In New Zealand it is called Kūmara which is the sister plant to the Potato. Furthermore, it has a heart shaped leaf on their primary plant, and hearts come off her when using Plant Food in Plants vs. Zombies 2.