- For other uses, see Sweet Potato (disambiguation).
Sweet Potato is a minor recurring character within the Plants vs. Zombies franchise. Sweet Potato acts like a defensive plant who moves zombies from other lanes to her own, allowing them to be more easily attacked.
As of Plants vs. Zombies 3, she has appeared in three games.
Sweet Potato is based on Ipomoea batatas, known as sweet potato, the tuberous root of the bindweed or morning glory family, Convolvulaceae, that is known for its incredibly sweet taste.
Her name is based on "sweet" because she attracts zombie with her sweetness along with her Almanac entry in Plants vs. Zombies 2, and "sweet potato", the plant Sweet Potato is based on.
- Main article: Sweet Potato (PvZ2)
She costs 150 sun, 300 in the Chinese version, and attracts zombies from adjacent lanes in a 1x3 area in front of her. If all lanes are full of Sweet Potatoes, zombies will not switch between lanes.
She is a member of the Reinforce-mint family, who will activate her Plant Food effect and let her absorb an additional 8,500 DPS while he is on the field. Her Plant Food effect heals her fully (in the Chinese version, she is only healed if she has her costume) and attracts all zombies in a 4x3 area to her.
- Main article: Sweet Potato (PvZH)
She costs 1, has 3 and Team-Up. When she is played, she moves a selected zombie to the lane she is currently occupying.
- Main article: Sweet Potato (PvZ3)
Like in Plants vs. Zombies 2, she retains her ability of attracting nearby zombies to her own tile. However she has the added ability of unearthing various underground zombies both in her own, and in adjacent lanes.
Her Plant Food effect is called Irresistable and pulls zombies from her lane and adjacent lanes towards her, stunning them in the process while her Tacobility is called Fatal Attraction, which has her explode in a 3x3 area when she's destroyed.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Sweet Potato.
- The brown area on her body appears to be the brown peel of the real life sweet potato.
- She is actually only distantly related to the potato family. In New Zealand it is called Kūmara which is the sister plant to the potato. Furthermore, it has a heart-shaped leaf on their primary plant, and hearts come off her when using Plant Food in Plants vs. Zombies 2.