Surfboard is a type of armor and environment modifier used for protection against lobbed-shot plants on land used by Surfer Zombies appearing in Big Wave Beach in Plants vs. Zombies 2. The main purpose of this armor is to crush plants, but it can only do so when its owner lands. The surfboard acts like a tombstone and a backpack, as once it crushes a plant, it will stay there, but it cannot be removed by Grave Buster and it can be destroyed by lawn mowers.
The surfboard can crush a plant when its owner encounters the first plant or dies, both on land. After being lodged into the ground, it becomes a shield absorbing 700 damage per shot.
- See Surfer Zombie.
- In older versions, Fisherman Zombie could have pulled plants onto surfboards. In newer versions, Fisherman Zombie will pull the plant past the tile with the surfboard instead.
- However, Zombot Sharktronic Sub can still pull plants onto surfboards.
- It can be placed on the ground already damaged if it was being attacked while being held by Surfer Zombie by lobbed-shot plants.
- In a promotional picture of Lost City on the iTunes App Store, there was a surfboard on the lawn even though Surfer Zombie does not appear in the aforementioned world.
- The promotional image was changed within 24 hours of the update to one without a surfboard.
- In the 3.9.1 update, its health was heavily reduced to 40 damage. This was fixed in the next update.
- Prior to an update, the surfboard appeared to have no cracks on it when placed.
- Sometimes, a Surfer Zombie holding his surfboard that has been hypnotized by Caulipower can crush a zombie, killing him instantly.
- If a hypnotized Surfer Zombie places his surfboard on the ground, that surfboard will be an obstacle for zombies (like a plant) and it won’t be targeted or damaged by plants.
- It has a small pile of sand under it, even if the world is not Big Wave Beach.
- †: Metallic