Surfboard is a type of armor and environment modifier that appears in Big Wave Beach in Plants vs. Zombies 2, it is used by Surfer Zombies for protection against lobber plants, the main purpose of the surfboard is to crush plants, but it can only do so after its owner lands.
The surfboard can crush a plant when its owner encounters it or dies on land. After being lodged into the ground, it becomes a shield absorbing 700 damage.
- See Surfer Zombie.
|French||Planches de surf|
|Italian||Tavole da surf|
|Brazilian Portuguese||Pranchas de surfe|
|Spanish||Tablas de surf|
- In older versions, Fisherman Zombie could have pulled plants onto surfboards. In newer versions, Fisherman Zombie will pull the plant past the tile with the surfboard instead.
- However, Zombot Sharktronic Sub can still pull plants onto surfboards.
- It can be placed on the ground already damaged if it was being attacked while being held by Surfer Zombie by lobber plants.
- In a promotional picture of Lost City on the iTunes App Store, there was a surfboard on the lawn even though Surfer Zombie does not appear in the aforementioned world.
- The promotional image was changed within 24 hours of the update to one without a surfboard.
- In the 3.9.1 update, its health was heavily reduced to 40. This was fixed in the next update.
- Prior to an update, the surfboard appeared to have no cracks on it when placed.
- Sometimes, a Surfer Zombie holding his surfboard that has been hypnotized by Caulipower can crush a zombie, killing him instantly.
- If a hypnotized Surfer Zombie places his surfboard on the ground, that surfboard will be an obstacle for zombies (like a plant) and it won’t be targeted or damaged by plants.
- If a hypnotized zombie approaches a Surfer Zombie, that zombie cannot be crushed, wasting the surfboard's ability.
- This is similar to Squash Zombie being confronted by a hypnotized zombie - It will attempt to attack but has no effect.
- It has a small pile of sand under it, even if the world is not Big Wave Beach.