Super Brainz is an Attack class zombie in Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville. His ranged Heroic Beam weapon from GW2 has been replaced with the Alpha Better Shield in order to make Super Brainz more melee-oriented. However, Super Brainz can now charge his fist akin to Cozmic Brainz to fire a powerful projectile as a limited ranged option. Finally, his Heroic Kick has been replaced with the Hyper Jump Thump.
- 1 Description
- 2 Weapons
- 3 Statistics
- 4 Abilities
- 5 Upgrades
- 6 Related achievement
- 7 Strategies
- 8 Balancing changes
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Trivia
Super Brainz are close-range brawlers. They close gaps by either leaping in or pushing forward with their Alpha Better Shield.
Super Brainz's primary weapons are the Heroic Fists, a 3 punch combo with short delays between each combo. The first punch deals 30 damage, the 2nd punch deals 35 damage and the last punch deals 42 damage (if you have the Ultra Combo upgrade equipped, he deals 50 damage on the 4th punch). While punching, he has a slightly reduced movement speed. Heroic Fists cannot deal critical damage.
Ultra Flying Fist
Super Brainz's charged primary weapon is the Ultra Flying Fist: Super Brainz charges his fist to throw a "flying fist" at enemies. It has 3 charges, the damage increases with each charge. The first charge will deal 23 damage, the second charge deals 50 damage, and a fully charged Ultra Flying Fist will deals 71. The Ultra Flying Fist cannot deal critical damage.
Super Brainz's secondary weapon is the Alpha Better Shield. Instead of aiming, Super Brainz projects his Alpha Better Shield in front of him. The shield only has 160 HP, and it regenerates its health when not in use. Super Brainz moves faster (excluding sprinting) while the shield is in use.
|Rate of fire||Damage||Movement speed multiplier|
|300 RPM max||30 (first combo)
35 (second combo)
40 (third combo)
50 (fourth combo, requires Ultra Combo upgrade)
Projectile hitbox data
|Length||Near width||Far width||Height|
|3.75 m (12.3 ft)||3.5 m (11.48 ft)||2 m (6.56 ft)||3 m (9.84 ft)|
Ultra Flying Fist
|Charge time||Damage||Projectile speed||Projectile lifetime||Projectile travel distance|
|0.35 s (level 1)
0.8 s (level 2)
1.5 s (level 3)
|25 (level 1)
40.8 (level 2)
70 (level 3)
|105 m/s (344.49 ft/s)||0.26 s||27.3 m (89.57 ft)|
Projectile hitbox data
|Sphere||0.35 m (1.15 ft) (level 1)|
0.425 m (1.39 ft) (level 2)
0.6 m (1.97 ft) (level 3)
Alpha Better Shield
|Shield health||Cooldown||Shield regeneration rate||Regeneration delay||Regeneration delay upon destruction|
|100||0.3 s||15 points/s||2 s||10 s|
Brainium Basher 9001
|Rate of fire|
|Spin rapidly, dealing damage to nearby enemies.|
|Jump into the air, then land with explosive energy.|
Super Ultra Ball
|Fire an explosive ball of energy.|
Faster refresh time for all abilities by earning multiple vanquishes rapidly.
Reduces ability cooldown by 100% (10 seconds) for earning multiple vanquishes.
Faster refresh time for all abilities by reviving an ally.
Reduces ability cooldown by 100% (10 seconds) when a teammate is revived.
Spawn with more health after suffering multiple vanquishes in a row.
After dying three times in a row, spawn with the maximum amount of overhealth for the currently used class after respawning or being revived.
Gain health by earning a vanquish when at low health.
Grants 11 health over 3 seconds upon vanquishing an enemy at 20% HP or lower.
Knock enemies away with Turbo Twister.
Turbo Twister knocks enemies 2.35m (7.71 ft) upward and 10m (32.81 ft) backward.
Stick and Move
Move faster for a short time by landing a three hit combo with Heroic Fists.
Increases movement speed by 50% for 3.5 seconds upon performing a three hit combo.
Hyper Jump Thump refreshes faster if it doesn't deal any damage.
Reduces Hyper Jump Thump's cooldown time by 8 seconds if it misses.
Faster charge rate of Ultra Flying Fist for a short time by dealing damage with it.
Reduces Ultra Flying Fist's and Brainium Bashers charge time by 33.333% upon dealing damage with it.
Heroic Fists punch faster by earning a vanquish. Upgrade can stack up to three times.
Increases Heroic Fists' rate of fire for 10 seconds by vanquishing enemies. Stacks up to 3 times for a fire rate increase of 7.5%, 15%, and 22.5% respectively. Each stack extends the effect's duration to 5 seconds.
Regenerate health when near multiple enemies.
When near one-four enemies within a 10m radius, regenerate 1-4 HP every 0.5 seconds.
Faster refresh time for all abilities by earning a critical vanquish.
Reduces ability cooldown by 5.5 seconds upon critically vanquishing an enemy.
Gain health by dealing damage with Turbo Twister.
Dealing damage with Turbo Twister heals the player at a rate of 4 HP per hit, can give overhealth.
Move faster, except when sprinting.
Increases walking speed by 12.9032%.
Gain health by earning a vanquish.
Grants 14 health over 3 seconds upon vanquishing an enemy.
Deal additional damage for a short time in the area that Super Ultra Ball hits.
Gain additional punch in Heroic Fists combo.
Earn XP faster.
Earn 10% more XP.
Use weapons and abilities faster just after sprinting.
Reduces sprint exit delay by 41.6875%
Raise shield when firing Super Ultra Ball.
Gain health for knocking an enemy into the air with Hyper Jump Thump.
Dealing damage with Hyper Jump Thump heals the player at a rate of 15 HP per hit.
Branium Basher 9001
Swap primary and secondary weapon for a charge up dash attack and an upwards strike.
Hyper Jump Thump can be used to jump up ledges or open a fight by dealing damage and pulling plants towards you. It can also be used as a set up for Turbo Twister by pulling lots of plants closer, the Super Ultra Ball can be used to vanquish weak enemies like Acorns or Night Caps or as a finish movement if you are low health to vanquish the weakened enemy and search for a Scientist or wait to auto-heal. The Turbo Twister is very powerful and the reduced damage can be used for a fast escape or regenerate health with the regenerate upgrade (you need to have an elite Super Brainz) in a situation that you can't escape and you are low health
You want to keep as much distance between you and Super Brainz as possible, due to the huge damage output he has. You can approach and attack if you are a Chomper. It's recommended to use Grody Goop and move in a circle while you attack him or Burrow him
Tips & Tricks
October 2019 patch
- ▲ Remove Alpha Better Shield's deploy delay of 0.2s
- ▲ Alpha Better Shield's deactivate deploy time 0.5->0.3s
- ▼ Reach upgrade's charge time increased from 0.6->1.5s for max charge fist
- ▼ Reach upgrade's charge time increased from 1.0->1.0s for second charge fist
November 2019 patch
- ▼ Reduce damage on small Ultra Flying Fist 37->25
- ▼ Reduce damage on medium Ultra Flying Fist 54->40.8
- ▼ Reduce damage on large Ultra Flying Fist 80->70
- ▼ Reduce lifetime of Ultra Flying Fist projectiles to reduce distance 36.75->27.3
- ▼ Reduce projectile size on small Ultra Flying Fist 0.45->0.35
- ▼ Reduce projectile size on medium Ultra Flying Fist 0.525->0.425
- ▼ Reduce projectile size on large Ultra Flying Fist 0.7->0.6
- ▲ Decrease speed penalty when punching with Heroic Fists 0.75->0.85
- ▲ Adjust hit box size of Heroic Fists punches
- ▲ Heroic Fists length increase 3.2->3.75
- ▲ Heroic Fists near width increase 3.2->3.5
November 27 2019 Update (Pre-TTK)
- ▲ Increase Super Ultra Ball direct damage 75->100
- ▼ Decrease Super Ultra Ball splash damage 75->50
- ▼ Increase Super Ultra Ball ability refresh time 18->20
- ▼ Decrease Super Ultra Ball blast radius 5.0->3.0
- ▲ Increase Super Ultra Ball shockwave radius 7.5->8.5
Early December 2019 TTK Changelist
- ▲ Increase Heroic Fists 3rd punch damage 40->42
- ▼ Decrease Ultra Flying Fist damage 1st charge 25->22.9
- ▲ Increase Ultra Flying Fist damage 2nd charge 40.8->50
- ▲ Increase Ultra Flying Fist damage Full Charge 70->71.4
- ▲ Increase Alpha Better Shield health 100->120
- Bone Collision
- ▲ Decrease head, arm, spine, and fist collision sizes
- ▲ Increase max health 150->175
- Alpha Better Shield
- ▲ Increase health 120->160
- ▼ Decrease shield regen rate 15->10.666 health/sec
- ▲ Decrease shield regen delay 2.0->0.0 sec
- ▲ Decrease shield regen delay from destroyed 10->0 sec
- ▼ Decrease min shield health from destroyed 40->22 health
- ▼ Decrease strafe speed modifier 0.8->1.0x
- ▲ Increase backpedal speed modifier 1.0->2.0x
- ▲ Remove transition time back to Heroic Fists
- Fix issue with shield not being lowered when picking up Gnome Bomb
- Alpha Better Shield
- Fix the issue with aim setting “Toggle Aim” not working with shield
- Turbo Twister
- ▲ Increase damage per hit 13->16, for a total damage increase of 104->144
- ▲ Increase speed multiplier 1.35->1.4x
- ▲ Increase max damage range 2.75->4.25 m
- ▲ Increase min damage range 6->7.5 m
- ▼ Increase refresh time 14->18.5 sec
- ▲ Increase active time 1.25->1.55 sec
- Hyper Jump Thump
- ▼ Decrease victim launch radius 12->10 m
- ▼ Decrease blast radius 8->6 m
- ▼ Decrease shockwave radius 10->6.25 m
- Super Ultra Ball
- ▲ Decrease refresh time 20.5->17.85
- ▼ Decrease blast damage 50->25
- ▲ Increase blast radius 3->5 m
- ▼ Decrease shockwave radius 8.5->5.25 m
- ▲ Return character control sooner after Ultra Ball has been unleashed
- Upgrade Typhoon
- ▲ Knocks enemies upward on each hit
- Upgrade Speed Bag
- Fix the issue with duration not resetting properly on each vanquish
- Fix the issue with speed increase not stacking properly
- Add VFX treatment to show when the upgrade is active
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Super Brainz.