Super Brainz is a new playable zombie class in Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2. He is the zombies' melee class. He can punch plants up close with his Heroic Fists, but can also change his weapon from melee to ranged, and he can shoot plants from afar with his Heroic Beam. Super Brainz is also capable of jumping very high without the use of abilities, as well as travel a fair distance with his Heroic Kick.
This hero has an offensive option for every occasion. Need to make an entrance and smash your way to victory? His three-hit punch combo has you covered. Need to make your mark from a distance? Look no further than his awesome hand laser.
In Game Description
Although he was created in a laboratory for the sole purpose of fighting in the Battle of Zomburbia, Super Brainz is convinced he's starring in an 80's action movie at all times. When he is not spouting one-liners, he's making sure his perfect hair stays that way.
The primary weapon for Super Brainz is the Heroic Fists. When used, Super Brainz will throw a punch. However, the player can do a punch combo attack by holding down the attack button. It has infinite ammo and does not need to cool down if the attack button is held down too long.
Super Brainz also has a second primary weapon named Heroic Beam. Similar to Captain Deadbeard's Spyglass Shot, it can be used when the player zooms in. When the player attacks, Super Brainz will fire out a laser beam which requires to cool down when fired for too long.
Super Brainz unleashes a forward or a dive down kick, dealing a large amount of damage to the first plant hit.
Super Brainz fires (as the name suggests) a super ultra powerful ball which deals lots of damage to plants it makes contact with the ball. It can also do splash damage.
Super Brainz spins around rapidly, damaging and knocking back plants he hits.
An alternate ability for the Super Ultra Ball, Super Brainz will throw three smaller balls when it is used.
- He could be a reference or parody of Superman.
- It is also possible that he could be a reference to the character Ryu from the Street Fighter series.
- This is supported by the fact that his Super Ultra Ball resembles a hadoken, one of Ryu's primary attacks.
- Also, the final punch of his three-hit Heroic Fists combo somewhat resembles the Shoryuken, another move performed by Ryu.
- The Heroic Kick resembles the Falcon Kick, a move performed by Captain Falcon in the Super Smash Bros. series.
- He is one of 2 characters to have 2 primary weapons, depending on how far or close he is to his target, the other being Captain Deadbeard.
- His huge chin is a reference to the fact that many male superheroes (ex. Batman) have such large chins.
- In the Garden Warfare Prequel Comic, Super Brainz is, according to Rose, too powerful to become a goat.
- Though in real gameplay, Super Brainz can be turned into a goat.
- Previously in the beta, Super Brainz would only have 9 ammo for his punches.
- However, this was changed in the January 2016 patch to make his punches have unlimited ammunition.
- Super Brainz is convinced that everything that happens is part of an action film he is starring in. This is the main reason why he is so courageous.