- For other uses, see Sunflower (disambiguation).
Sunflower is a playable plant class in Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville. She is a Support class who specializes in healing ally plants, including other playable classes, spawnable pots and weeds, and AI bosses.
Sunflowers are the plant healers. They revive fallen allies quickly and keep everyone in the fight while providing support fire from a safe distance.
Sunflower's primary weapon is the Sun Pulse, which fires projectiles that hit 8 damage each (10 critical). It has a semi-auto fire rate, and can fire 40 times before needing to be reloaded.
Sunny Side Up
|Showers healing sundrops out to help allies.|
|Switch to a high powered beam turret in a rooted position.|
|Heal an ally and extend their max health.|
Use jump and abilities while reviving.
Allows jump and using abilities while reviving an ally without canceling the revive.
Faster refresh time for all abilities by reviving an ally.
Reduces ability cooldown by 100% (10 seconds) when a teammate is revived.
Spawn with more health after suffering multiple vanquishes in a row.
After dying three times in a row, spawn with the maximum amount of overhealth for the currently used class after respawning or being revived.
Create Sundrops at enemy's location by vanquishing them with Sunbeam.
Creates 5 sundrops at Sunflower's location by dealing damage with Sunbeam 10 times.
Gain health by reviving an ally.
Grants 75 HP upon reviving an ally, also gain 10% armor while reviving.
Gain health when dealing damage.
Move faster during Sunny Side Up.
Move 15% faster after using Sunny Side Up.
Knock enemies away by activating Sunny Side Up.
Sunny Side Up knocks enemies 10m (32.80 ft) backwards and 10m (32.80 ft) upward within a 9m (29.52 ft) radius.
Move faster after spawning or being revived.
Increases movement speed by 55% for 7 seconds after respawning or being revived, being revived heals you to full health.
Faster refresh time for all abilities by earning a critical vanquish.
Reduces ability cooldown by 5.5 seconds upon critically vanquishing an enemy.
Heal Beam can branch out and heal additional adjacent ally.
Extends range of Heal Beam.
Increase Heal Beam length by 50%.
Increased amount of overhealth Heal Beam can provide.
Increase max overhealth cap from 1.33 to 1.53. Extra overhealth goes away when Heal Beam is disconnected.
Gain health by healing allies.
Move faster, except when sprinting.
Increases walking speed by 12.9032%.
Move faster for a short time after receiving damage.
Increases movement speed by 15% for 1.65 seconds upon taking damage. Stacks up to 4 times for a maximum of 50% movement speed increase.
Earn XP faster.
Increases the amount of XP earned by 10%. Does not affect the XP Machine in Giddy Park.
Deal damage with Sunbeam to extend its duration.
Increased healing rate when target is at low health.
Gain increased damage aura for a short time after a vanquish streak of three.
Activates a damage aura with a 5m radius upon vanquishing 5 enemies without dying. Increases damage by 25% and lasts for 15 seconds.
- Two Sunflowers Constantly healing each other with Heal Beam can make a dangerous offensive duo.
- Sunny Side Up is a good way to heal many plants at once.
- Sunbeam can be used similarly to Pea Gatling, using it to get rid of many low health Zombies or to get rid of a tougher target.
- Sunflowers can be a big threat as they can heal other plants quickly. Take them out first, then deal with other Plants.
- The Sunflower's Sunbeam is easy to see. Tracking where the Sunbeam is can help find out where other Plants are.
If you equipped the Blossom upgrade and max out the upgrade points used prior to the December TTK update, which increased the equip cost for it from 3 to 5, you can still keep your upgrades, which causes the game to display "9/7 upgrade points used."
Do not unequip any of the upgrades as you won't be able to use it again. If you equipped this upgrade with Pocket Protection, it allows you to heal at a much faster rate thanks to the healing buff in the TTK patch. Full Bloom is also another good upgrade as you can no longer equip them at the same time. However, some upgrades don't work properly with it, such as Sunslinger or Cocoon, in which they won't affect the player.
- Major Sweetie - Sweeties Helpers Missions and Boogie Beatdown
- Pollen Kate- Posse Member
- ▲ Sun Pulse damage increase 4.85->5.58
- ▲ Sunny Side Up Sundrop health increase 2.0->2.5
- ▲ Sunny Side Up sundrop launch also heals area 2.5 per launch of bundle
- ▼ New VFX to communicate Sunbeam to enemies
Early December 2019 TTK Changelist
- ▲ Increase Sun Pulse damage 5.5->8
- ▼ Reduce Sun Pulse ammo capacity 50->40
- ▲ Decrease Sun Pulse projectile drag start distance 25m->20m
- ▲ Decrease Sun Pulse projectile drag end distance 45m->40m
- ▲ Decrease Sun Pulse projectile final speed post drag 375->300
- ▲ Decrease Sun Pulse projectile spread per shot
- ▲ Decrease Sun Pulse camera recoil
- ▲ Decrease Sun Pulse camera shake
- ▲ Increase Heal Beam heal rate 18->25
- ▲ Increase heal rate for the Vampire Flower upgrade 6->6.25
- ▼ Increase Blossom upgrade equip cost 3->5
- ▲ Increase heal rate of Blossom upgrade 18->25
- ▲ Increase additional heal rate with Sunslinger upgrade 5->6.25
- ▲ Increase self heal rate with the Pocket Protection upgrade 6->10
- Sunny Side Up
- ▼ Increase refresh time 16->22.25 sec
- ▲ Increase heal amount per sundrop 2.25->2.4 health
- ▼ Decrease number of sundrops spawned 28->21
- Fix camera priorities so sprint camera still activates
- Fix missing camera bob on sundrop spawn
- Heal Beam
- ▼ Decrease heal rate 25->20.85 health/sec
- Upgrade Vampire Flower
- ▲ Increase heal rate 6.25-> 8.35 health/sec
- Upgrade Pocket Protection
- ▲ Increase heal rate 10->12.5 health/sec
- Upgrade Sunslinger
- ▲ Decrease equip cost 4->3
- ▲ Increase heal rate 6.25-> 8.32 health/sec
- Upgrade Blossom
- ▼ Sunflower who is healing can no longer be target of additional Heal Beam
- ▲ Increase damage 9->10
- ▲ Allow camera manipulation during rooting animation
- ▲ Removed damage falloff
- Heal Beam
- Fix the issue with Sun Pulse being interrupted when activating Heal Beam
- Upgrade Quick Egress
- ▼ No longer stacks with Hard Target upgrade
- ▼ Decrease speed multiplier 1.3->1.25x
- Upgrade Full Bloom
- Fix the issue with incorrect heal rate
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Sunflower.
In other languages
| Latin American
- For some reason, the Heal Beam became the 3rd Ability, but in the previous games it was the 1st Ability.
- Sunflower (along with the Scientist) is the only character who has damage dropoff. In this case, her Sunbeam ability deals less damage at farther distances (Sunbeam no longer has damage dropoff as of the September patch).
- Her primary weapon sounds appear to be combined with the sounds of Stuffy Flower's primary weapon.
- Coincidentally, the "Stuffy Sundrop" upgrade gives Sunflower the ability of Stuffy Flower (spawning sundrops at a vanquished enemy) and references the Stuffy Flower in its name (the Stuffy Sundrop upgrade was reworked in the September patch and thus leaves no sundrops at the vanquished enemy's location but they appear at your location instead).
- Sunflowers and Scientists are capable of reviving multiple allies at once as long as the player doesn't leave the revive circle.