- For other uses, see Sunflower (disambiguation).
Sunflower is the second plant and first sun-producing plant received in both main series Plants vs. Zombies games. She is a plant capable of generating sun over time, allowing the player to plant additional plants with ease.
- 1 Almanac entry
- 2 Upgrades
- 3 Strategies
- 4 Gallery
- 5 Trivia
- 6 See also
Note: The stats shown below only apply to Level 1.
SUN COST: 50
SUN PRODUCTION: Normal
Sunflowers are essential for you to produce extra sun. Try planting as many as you can!
Sun Production: normal
After the release of her first major Youtuber video "Zombies On Your Lawn," Sunflower's Youtuber channel has been bursting with fun. She is currently putting the final touches on her reality show TV pitch "Sunflower Thinks She Can Dance."
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, Sunflower immediately produces 150 sun.
When boosted by Enlighten-mint, Sunflower's sun production rate will increase to once every five seconds, and she will produce additional sun based on her level. Starting at level 1, Sunflower produces 75 sun when boosted by Enlighten-mint. Starting at level 5, Sunflower will produce 100 sun when boosted, and at level 10, Sunflower will produce 125 sun when boosted.
|1||0||0||50||5 seconds||300 dps||50 sun|
|2||10||1,000||50||4.5 seconds||350 dps||50 sun|
|3||75||5,000||50||4.5 seconds||400 dps||50 sun|
|4||200||10,000||50||4 seconds||450 dps||50 sun|
|5||400||20,000||50||4 seconds||550 dps||60 sun|
|6||750||30,000||50||3.5 seconds||600 dps||60 sun|
|7||1,000||40,000||50||3 seconds||650 dps||60 sun|
|8||1,250||50,000||25||3 seconds||700 dps||60 sun|
|9||1,500||60,000||25||2.5 seconds||800 dps||60 sun|
|10||2,000||75,000||25||2.5 seconds||900 dps||75 sun|
- Chance to Boost
- Toughness Bonus
Plants vs. Zombies Online
- Hover the image to see the full description.
When costumed and fed with Plant Food, she can produce either one gold coin and 175 sun or two gold coins and 150 sun.
Sunflower faces great competition for the role of primary sun production plant: Twin Sunflower has been made significantly easier to use, due to the removal of the upgrade plant system and the general ease of obtaining sun in this game as well as having a slightly cheaper sun price, while Sun-shroom costs less than Sunflower and can grow over time, outstripping Sunflower's production capability. This is shared with Primal Sunflower, as she can create 25 more sun than Sunflower, like Sun-shroom's last stage, at the expense of only 25 more sun. Moonflowers planted next to each other can give up to 100 sun each, despite their longer recharge. Of all the four sun producing plant, Sunflower also generates the second least amount of sun when fed with Plant Food, the lowest being Moonflower. Because of this, Sunflower is generally considered to be inferior to the other four sun creating plants, especially in the Endless Zones. However, they are still useful for 'low-level' players, and some players may not have Sun-shroom or Twin Sunflower.
Sunflower is recommended to upgrade to Level 4 before using because it can instantly produce 150 sometimes, and you can remove it after use to get 75 sun, making it a better choice if you only have a low-level Primal Sunflower or Twin Sunflower. It is easy to upgrade to level 4 witbying Plant Adventures.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Sunflower.
- She is one of the six plants seen fighting the zombies in the Plants vs. Zombies 2 trailer, the other five being Bonk Choy, Bloomerang, Peashooter, Wall-nut, and Pea Pod.
- Even though she is the second plant, she is the first seed packet in the seed selection screen and in the Almanac.
- She, along with Peashooter and Wall-nut are the only plants whose costumes change depending on the season.
- They are also the only plants who do not have permanent costumes.
- In her Almanac entry, "YouTuber" is a parody of YouTube. In addition to this, the word "tuber" in "Youtuber" means modified plant structures that are enlarged to store nutrients.
- Her almanac entry also references her music video.
- "Sunflower Thinks She Can Dance" is a reference to a TV show franchise So You Think You Can Dance.
- She is one of the six plants to be fully recharged at the start of a level, the others being Sun-shroom, Primal Sunflower, Moonflower, Gold Bloom and Electric Currant.
- She now produces 50 sun instead of 25.
- For unknown reasons, she couldn't be used in the Chinese version of the Dark Ages until the 1.8 update.