—Sunflower's Plants vs. Zombies Heroes description
- For other uses, see Sunflower (disambiguation).
As of Plants vs. Zombies 3, Sunflower has appeared in every game in the Plants vs. Zombies franchise.
Sunflower's design is based on the Helianthus annuus, also known as the common sunflower. The sun in her name refers to her ability to produce sun.
- Main article: Sunflower (PvZ)
In the original Plants vs. Zombies game, as well as all Chinese spin-off games based on it, Sunflower is the first plant to be unlocked, given after beating Level 1-1. She can be considered one of the most important plants in the game, producing sun for the player. She can be upgraded into Twin Sunflower, who produces twice as much sun.
At the end of the game, she sings the credits song Zombies on Your Lawn.
- Main article: Sunflower (PvZA)
Sunflower reappears in PopCap's ill-fated Facebook game Plants vs. Zombies Adventures, where her ability is left mostly unchanged, with the simple change of producing sun every 15 seconds rather than 24.
- Main article: Sunflower (PvZ2)
Sunflower is a member of the Enlighten-mint family and now produces 50 sun rather than 25 due to a change in the sun system. Twin Sunflower has also returned and like Plants vs. Zombies Adventures, is their own plant.
- Main article: Sunflower (PvZ: GW)
As with the other playable classes in the Garden Warfare series, she has numerous Character variants based on her, each having their own traits which differentiates them from the standard base character.
- Main article: Sunflower line
Sunflower next appears in the Chinese-exclusive turn-based game Plants vs. Zombies: All Stars as the first plant in the Sunflower line, evolving into Twin Sunflower and then into Triplet Sunflower. She attacks by firing sun beams at zombies and has a chance to heal her allies.
Her abilities include Photosynthesis, which heals all plants, and Sunshine Support, which gives a chance to drop sunshine each turn, that boosts the attack of Brave plants and the defense of Tenacious plants.
- Main article: Sunflower (PvZH)
- Main article: Sunflower (PvZ: BfN)
Sunflower once again appears in the third-person shooter game Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville. She is an Support class who specializes in healing her allies with her signature Heal Beam, now able to give her allies extra health in the process and her new Sunny Side Up ability, which effectively transforms her into a Heal Flower.
Unlike in the Garden Warfare series, Sunflower no longer has any Character variants, but instead has a large number of character upgrades, some of which grant abilities to Sunflower's primary weapon and abilities.
- Main article: Sunflower (PvZ3)
Sunflower's latest appearance is in Plants vs. Zombies 3, as one of the main characters in the game's story. However, in gameplay, she only appears in the UI of this game, as well as being a main character. She can be interacted with in-game however, giving an extra sun if given a piece of Plant Food or a Taco.
- The massively popular multiplayer online role-playing game World of Warcraft features a Sunflower Seeds Sunflower pet.
- The Sunflower Seeds Sunflower pet will often sing "Zombies on your Lawn".
- According to this sticker from Plants vs. Zombies Stickers, she and the Peashooter are best friends. This alludes to how Peashooters protect the Sunflowers in the main series.
- She, along with Peashooter, Wall-Nut, and Potato Mine are the mascots of Plants vs Zombies, appearing in every game, spin-offs, merchandise, comics, etc.
- These are also the only plants with Primal versions in the second game.
- There is a sunflower named "Fred" in the Plants vs. Zombies Comics.