Sunday Edition Zombie
Sunday Edition Zombie
The newspaper protects zombie, who becomes enraged when it is destroyed.
Special: become a flighty zombie when enraged
Sunday Edition Zombie REALLY loves the comics section, which is why his rage is so all-consuming when it is torn to tatters before he's finished reading it.
Plants vs. Zombies 2
Plants vs. Zombies 2 (Chinese version)
The Sunday Edition Zombie absorbs 2290 damage per shot in total. He degrades at 600, 900, 1800 (by that point, the newspaper is destroyed), and 2045 damage per shot (where his arm is lost). He dies at 2290 damage per shot.
This is a very dangerous zombie; he has all of the deadly capabilities of the Newspaper Zombie, but his increased health makes him one of the most deadly and hardest to defeat zombies in Modern Day. Instant kill plants like Grimrose are the best way to get rid of him, especially if there are multiple Sunday Edition Zombies on the field. Shadow-shroom is also effective for getting rid of him. Not only that, a Chomper or Toadstool will instantly devour them, as they both ignore the newspaper entirely.
Slowing them with plants such as Sap-fling or Winter Melon or freezing them with Stunion or Iceberg Lettuce can help to mitigate damage caused by him. Hurrikale, Chard Guard, and Primal Peashooter are also good as they can knock him back, giving you more time to handle him. A Blover can be played in tandem with either Chard Guard or Primal Peashooter to blow the zombie away.
- The zombie is based on how usually the Sunday newspaper is larger.
- In addition, his description refers to the Sunday newspaper comics. It's usually a tradition for the newspaper comics to be larger and allow for more panels on Sundays.
- Newspaper Zombie's repeatable quest implies that Newspaper Zombies dislike the comics section; with the statement: "They already threw out the comics section!" Ironically, this zombie "REALLY loves" it.
- There's an Egyptian Treasure Yeti on his newspaper.
- When his newspaper is rotated 180 degrees, the newspaper's front cover is really the back cover, and thus, the title is at the end.
- On his Almanac icon and when the newspaper is in its second degrade, the word "FOUND!" can be seen written in white text below (above if the newspaper is rotated 180 degrees) the image of the Egyptian Treasure Yeti. On his picture in the mail inbox, he is not holding his regular newspaper, but he is not holding Newspaper Zombie's newspaper either. Instead, he seems to be holding a unique newspaper with a smaller, black-and-white image of the Egyptian Treasure Yeti on it.
- However, the "FOUND!" could be found in the game if he was boosted by dark potions or brains thrown by Cardio Zombie.
- He is the only veteran zombie to appear in the Chinese version.
- Before version 2.2.1, in the Chinese version, his eating speed did not increase when enraged. The same applied to Newspaper Zombie.
- His Alamanc entry in the Chinese version has some parodies of three Japanese comics. Those comics are Naruto, One Piece, and Gin Tama.