- For other uses, see Sun-shroom (disambiguation).
Sun-shroom is a sun-producing mushroom that works as an cheaper alternate to other sun-producing plants such as Sunflower and Primal Sunflower. He grows in three stages, producing more sun as he grows.
- For more information about this character, see Sun-shroom.
Sun-shroom is the first plant obtained in Dark Ages. Unlike the first game, he has three stages: When first planted, Sun-shroom produces 25 sun. 18 seconds later, he grows larger and produces 50 sun. After 72 seconds, Sun-shroom grows to full size and produces 75 sun.
SUN COST: 25
SUN PRODUCTION: Variable
Sun-shrooms give small sun at first, then normal suns, and finally large suns.
Oh sure, Sun-shroom is known for his ever-present grin and sunny disposition. But truth be told, even he has his dark days. It ain't easy keeping things light when you live in the shadows.
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, Sun-shroom grows to full size (if he hasn't already) and produces 225 sun.
In addition to his normal Plant Food ability, Sun-shroom will produce from 0 to 3 coins.
When boosted by Enlighten-mint, Sun-shroom will produced at an increased rate, averaging at about once every four seconds. Additionally, Sun-shroom will grow much more quickly while boosted, taking only one second to grow from his small stage to his medium stage, and only one more second to grow from his medium stage to his large stage. In total, it takes Sun-shroom two seconds to grow to full size while boosted.
In addition to his growth rate being increased, Sun-shroom produces more sun while boosted, producing 50 sun while small, 75 sun while medium, and 110 sun while large.
|Sun Cost|| Recharge|
|Sun Production||Growth time|
|1||0||0||25||5 seconds||300 dps||25||50||75||18 seconds||72 seconds|
|2||10||1,000||4.5 seconds||350 dps||25||50||75||18 seconds||72 seconds|
|3||75||5,000||4.5 seconds||400 dps||30||55||80||16 seconds||65 seconds|
|4||200||10,000||4 seconds||450 dps||30||55||80||16 seconds||65 seconds|
|5||400||20,000||4 seconds||550 dps||35||60||85||15 seconds||60 seconds|
|6||750||30,000||3.5 seconds||600 dps||35||60||85||15 seconds||60 seconds|
|7||1,000||40,000||3.5 seconds||650 dps||40||65||90||14 seconds||55 seconds|
|8||1,250||50,000||3 seconds||700 dps||40||65||90||14 seconds||55 seconds|
|9||1,500||60,000||3 seconds||800 dps||45||70||90||13 seconds||50 seconds|
|10||2,000||75,000||2.5 seconds||900 dps||50||75||100||12 seconds||45 seconds|
Sun-shroom will not sleep during the day and will produce 25 more sun than a Sunflower at his full size. Although Sun-shroom is weaker initially, he will become better than Sunflower in the long run. Compared to Twin Sunflower, Sun-shroom has a lower cost and faster recharge rate, but produces 25 to 75 less sun than Twin Sunflower. Compared to Primal Sunflower, Sun-shroom costs less sun, but doesn't produce as much sun early on, meaning Primal Sunflower is better for building early offensive plants, while Sun-shroom is better for building up sun production.
Sun-shrooms are preferable in days having objectives "Spend no more than X sun." He can be used as an all-around class, for the cheapness can be used for "quick-days."
Remember to plan where to plant Sun-shroom carefully before starting a level. While a Sunflower, Twin Sunflower, or Primal Sunflower can be dug up and relocated, Sun-shroom takes a great amount of time to grow and therefore cannot be replaced easily.
A boosted Sun-shroom is very helpful in Endless Zones or difficult levels, as he will produce 225 sun as well as instantly grow to his largest size when planted. The player will gain 200 extra sun by planting a single Sun-shroom. Sun-shroom combined with Twin Sunflower can be very helpful to plant expensive plants, such as Winter Melon, Tile Turnip, and Banana Launcher.
As you upgrade the Sun-shroom, its growth time will decrease so that eventually it will be much better than the Sunflower.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Sun-shroom (PvZ2).
- His shadow is much wider than himself in the first stage.
- Before the 3.9 update, he would be previewed at his first stage. Since then, he is previewed as being fully grown, as he was in the first game.
- He was originally supposed to produce 15, then 25, and lastly 50 sun, but this was before the sun values were changed.
- He is one of five plants that have a slight glow on their seed packet. The others are Sun Bean, Hot Potato, Lightning Reed, and Explode-O-Nut.
- Unlike the first game, he now has different animations according to its stages.
- His first stage is the only animation that is not sliding back and forth. Instead, he bounces up and down.
- His picture on the seed packet in the Chinese version is larger than in the international version, but he doesn't have a glow around him.
- Despite being referred to as male in the Almanac, he is referred to as female in the costume section of the shop.
- Regardless of what stage he was in when defeated, Intensive Carrot will always revive him to his on-planting stage. The same applies for Potato Mine, Pea Pod, Strawburst, Primal Potato Mine, Escape Root, and Kiwibeast.
- He is the first plant who can give varying units of sun, the second being Moonflower.
- He is the one of seven plants to be fully recharged at the start of a level. The others are Sunflower, Primal Sunflower, Moonflower, Gold Bloom, Acidic Citrus and Electric Currant.
- He is the only legendary plant to be unlocked by completing a level in the Chinese version.