- For other uses, see Sun-shroom (disambiguation).
Sun-shroom is a mushroom that works as an alternative to Sunflower and Twin Sunflower for use at night when sun is more difficult to obtain. He creates small suns that are worth less than normal when first planted, however he will gradually grow over time, increasing the value of his produced suns in the process.
- For more information about this character, see Sun-shroom.
Sun-shroom is obtained after beating Level 2-1. Just like the Sunflower, he produces his first 15 sun after 7 seconds, then he produces sun every 24 seconds.
When first planted, he will produce smaller sun that are only worth 15 sun. After 120 seconds, Sun-shroom will grow up to full size and be capable of producing regular suns. It should be noted that the growth of the mushroom does not interrupt the 24 second interval. His recharge takes 7 seconds.
Sun-shroom is vital during the Night and Fog levels due to its efficiency. Because of the lower cost, two Sun-shrooms can be immediately planted in place of a Sunflower, giving an income of 30 sun per production.
Even though they only produce 15 sun for the first two minutes, they will quickly grow to full size. Additionally, because of the lower cost, two can be planted within 7 seconds giving an income of 30 sun, which gives you sun at a more efficient rate than a Sunflower. Sun-shroom should be used on every regular Night and Fog level due to the lack of sun and his efficiency. The lack of an upgrade for him does hinder him in Survival Mode, however.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Sun-shroom.
- He and Puff-shroom are the only mushrooms that can avoid Peashooter Zombies' and Gatling Pea Zombies' peas even if Sun-shroom has grown. They share this trait with the Lily Pad, Potato Mine, Spikeweed, and Spikerock but, if the player plants Puff-shroom or Sun-shroom on a Flower Pot, they will get hit.
- He is the only plant with no shadow in the Almanac.
- On the online version, he produces sun significantly faster than Sunflower (about twice as fast). He still takes the same amount of time to mature as Sun-shroom for any other version.
- He also makes a cameo appearance in the introduction of Peggle Nights, a game also made by PopCap Games.
- He seems to be the "main" mushroom because he is shown in the achievements Good Morning and No Fungus Among Us, similar to how the Sunflower is the main symbol of the plants.
- He appears near the gravestone that says "VS." on the Chinese version of the game's logo.
- In the mobile version of the game, at night, Sun-shroom is automatically chosen instead of Sunflower.
- However, in level 2-1 Sunflower is still pre-picked.
- He is nicknamed "小阳" (lit. "little sun") in Plants vs. Zombies: Journey to the West.