- For other uses, please refer to the Sun-shroom (disambiguation) page.
Sun-Shroom is an event plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes and a member of the Solar class. He costs 2 to play and has 2. He has the Team-Up trait, and his ability gives the plant hero +1 and transforms him into Sunnier-Shroom at the start of the next turn after he is played.
He was available in the Super Sun Event, which ran from May 30, 2017 to June 6, 2017.
His second ability is a reference to Sun-Shroom's ability to grow in size in the Plants vs. Zombies series.
- Class: Solar
- Tribe: Mushroom Plant
- Trait: Team-Up
- Ability: Start of Turn: You get +1 this turn and this transforms into a Sunnier-Shroom.
- Set: Event
"Fun in the Sun? That's for other Plants. I just make the stuff. I don't actually like it."
- Added to the game.
- Became craftable.
Sun-Shroom can be treated as Sunflower that costs 1 sun more, but has 1 extra health. And in addition, he turns into a Sunnier-Shroom if he survives onto the next turn, which becomes a better version of Twin Sunflower with 3 health instead of 2. Due to Sun-Shroom transforming into another plant the next turn, he can be played on either an empty lane or in front of a zombie with 1 strength or less, so that he can survive this turn and transform into a bulkier plant at full health the next turn.
Chompzilla can use Sun-Shroom in succession with Muscle Sprout as when he transforms into Sunnier-Shroom, Muscle Sprout will activate its ability again. She can also boost him with cards like Fertilize and Plant Food to help keep him alive. Finally, she can use Black-Eyed Pea to discourage her opponent from using tricks to destroy him, or Umbrella Leaf next to Sun-Shroom to protect him from zombie tricks.
Solar Flare can use him as an alternative to Sunflower in mushroom decks, as being in the mushroom tribe, he can benefit from Buff-Shroom and Punish-Shroom. However, do not play Buff-Shroom until he turns into Sunnier-Shroom, as his stat boosts will be erased when he transforms.
Wall-Knight is able to increase his strength with Three-Nut, allowing him to retaliate. (Three-Nut's strength boost also applies to Sunnier-Shroom.) If Sun-Shroom successfully transforms, he can use tough plants like Wall-Nut to protect Sunnier-Shroom, move him with Gardening Gloves or Bubble Up, and increase his health with Steel Magnolia or Photosynthesizer.
Sun-Shroom will transform into a bulkier plant that gives more sun to your opponent per turn, so it is highly advised to destroy him before the situation becomes more irritating. Since he has no strength, you can easily destroy him with Rolling Stone or Bungee Plumber.
- He has the exact same sprites and animations as Grow-Shroom, with the only difference being his cap color.
- Sunnier-Shroom was mistakenly named Sun-Shroomier in Sun-Shroom's card information.
- This was patched in an update.
- His descriptions are mistranslated in other languages; in some cases, his ability description may say "Transform a plant into a Sunnier-Shroom." or his card description may say "I don't enjoy sunbathing" instead of "I don't actually like it."