In Normal mode, the player has to beat the zombies at Level 1.
This is a difficult level, due to the fact that Foreman Gargantuars start appearing early. If the player hasn't made a stable defense in the early game, they could be trouble. Coal Miner Zombies are also a pain, as they block straight-shots, meaning that lobbed-shots have to be used to defeat it.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|2||1 3 2||None|
|3||1 2 4 3||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|4||1 2 3 5 4||None|
|5||1 2 3 4 5||None|| First flag.|
Carries 1x Plant Food.
|6||4 1 1 2 3 3 4 5 5 2||None|
|7||1 2 4 5 3||None|
|8||3 1 5 2 4||None|
|9||2 3 4 1 5||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|10||1 5 3 2 4||None||Final wave.|
- Start off by planting normally.
- Stalling may be required to build up a strong offense to defeat the early Foreman Gargantuar.
- Strong lobbed-shots should be used against Coal Miner Zombie. A cheap plant like Puff-shroom could be used as fodder.
- Blovers should be used to deal with Gentleman Zombies and Imps that the Foreman Gargantuar launches.
In hard mode, the player has to defeat leveled-up zombies.
With Level 4 zombies, this level can be more of a pain if the player didn't bring upgraded plants or strong offensive plants.
- Do as what you did in normal mode, but with upgraded plants.