In Normal mode, the player has to beat the zombies at Level 1.
While four flags (three in-game) for every three waves (one for the final wave) may be too much, it's not difficult level. Most of the zombies that appear are regular Steam Ages zombies. Taking them out will be easy with plants such as a Pea Pod with five heads. Gentleman Zombie can be taken care of with Blover, and Furnace Zombie can be taken out quickly. Also, the sewers might restrict your planting space, so plant wisely.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|3||1 5 3||None||First flag.|
Carries 1x Plant Food.
|4||2 2 2 5||None|
|5||2 1 4||None|
|6||2 2 3 3 5 1 5 4||None||Second flag.|
|7||2 3 4 5 2 2 4 4 1||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|9||4 2||None||Third flag (in-game).|
|10||2 3 1 5 2||None||Final wave.|
- Required plants:
- Start off by planting Primal Sunflowers on the third column.
- Plant Celery Stalkers a tile after the entrance sewers.
- When you have enough sun, plant Winter Melons on the first column.
- Use Blovers when a Gentleman Zombie tries to fly.
- Plant Primal Sunflowers on tiles where Furnace Zombies are so that they'll explode.
In hard mode, the player has to defeat leveled-up zombies.
With level 4 zombies, they are now extremely bulky for most level 1 plants to take out. Upgrading your plants or using strong ones such as Cattail is required to beat the level.
Do what you did in normal mode. Be sure to have your plants decently-leveled or else they won't be able to kill the numerous Buckethead Labor Zombies and Gentleman Zombies.
- So far, this is the only level with three flags in Steam Ages.