Steam Ages - Day 21 is the twenty-first level of Steam Ages in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. It is a Last Stand level. The player is given 3000 sun in this level. When this level is finished for the first time, the player gets coins.
In Normal mode, the player has to beat the zombies at Level 1.
(Crazy Dave and Penny appear)
Crazy Dave: There's a guy with a wheelbarrow! He probably has some snacks with him!
Penny: Data shows that it's a Coal Miner Zombie.
Crazy Dave: Are those black things squid ink tacos? A new type?
Penny: They are coal, not ink. They are used to bury the plants.
Penny: Using fire plants can burn those coal!
(Crazy Dave and Penny leave)
This level is very difficult, since Foreman Gargantuars appear very frequently Thankfully you are given 3000 sun in this Last Stand level, which should be enough to set up a strong defense. Other than Foreman Gargantuar, the player also needs to worry about the newly-introduced Coal Miner Zombie.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
- Plant some strong offensive plants like Primal Rafflesia and Winter Melon. As multiple Foreman Gargantuars appear throughout the level, plants like them are ideal for beating the level.
- Try to have save enough sun to be used for extra Plant Food from Power Lily or for an explosive like Cherry Bomb.
- To deal with the Coal Miner Zombie, try planting some cheap plant infront of it not only to let go of his wheelbarrow, but also to greatly reduce his speed.
In hard mode, the player has to defeat leveled-up zombies.
The zombies here are at level 4, which means that the player has tough zombies to kill. Foreman Gargantuar and Coal Miner Zombie are deadlier now than before. Leveling up plants to level 4 is necessary to beat the level.
- Strategies in normal mode works in hard mode, just be sure to upgrade your plants.