In Normal mode, the player has to beat the zombies at Level 1.
While this level has Furnace Zombie and Gentleman Zombie, only three Gentleman Zombies appears in the level, and Furnace Zombie is easy to take out. The only zombie the player should worry is the Buckethead Labor Zombie.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|4||2 2 2 2||None|
|5||3 4 4 4 5 3 5 4||None||First flag.|
|6||1 1 2||None|
|7||1 2 3 4 5||None|
|8||1 1 3 3 1 3||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|9||1 1 4 5 5 2||None|
|10||3 3 5 5 3 1 5||None||Final wave.|
- Start off with sun producers.
- When you have enough sun, plant as many attacking plants as you can.
- Avoid planting at column six onwards, as steam from the sewers will kill your plants.
In hard mode, the player has to defeat leveled-up zombies.
Level 4 zombies are here, and this level is beatable with strong plants such as Cattail so there is no need to upgrade your plants.
- Use strong level 1 plants such as Cattail. However, since it'll take a long time for them to kill zombies, support it with some stalling plants such as Sap-fling.