In Normal mode, the player has to beat the zombies at Level 1.
This level is a hard level, since you only have plants that do 20 dps. Coneheads, Bucketheads, and Gentleman Zombies are a threat since they come in huge numbers. Furnace Zombie, while being extra bulky compared to the others, is easy to deal with.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|2||5 5||None||100% Plant Food|
|3||1 2 3||None||100% Plant Food|
|5||3 3 3 3 3 3||None||First flag|
|6||1 2 1 2||None||100% Plant Food|
|7||1 1 3 3 4 4 5 5||None|
|8||1 1 2 2||None||100% Plant Food|
|9||1 2 3 4 5||None||100% Plant Food|
|10||1 5 2 4 3||None||Final wave|
- Lotus Roots are essentially Peashooters this level, place them in the back.
- Place Trump Tulips in front of Lotus Roots.
- If the zombies get too close for your liking, use Plant Food on Lotus Root to knock them back.
In hard mode, the player has to defeat leveled-up zombies.
The difficulty of this level surpasses that of normal mode if the player has underleveled plants. While the threats in normal mode also apply in hard mode, they're farily much easier to deal with if you have level 5 plants.
- Trump Tulip's hypnotizing ability is a godsend in this level, as you can make Gentleman Zombies and Coneheads fight for you.
- Lotus Root, while not having the best upgrades in the world, still does its job, as it has the chance to shoot multiple water droplets at zombies.