Steam Ages - Day 16 is the sixteenth level of Steam Ages in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. This level introduces the Furnace Zombie. When this level is finished for the first time, the player gets coins.
In Normal mode, the player has to beat the zombies at Level 1.
(Crazy Dave and Penny appear)
Crazy Dave: Is there a zombie trying to lose weight with a furnace?
Penny: That is a Furnace Zombie, they explode after a period of time.
Crazy Dave: Maybe I'll ask him if he can carry heavy things without getting tired?
Penny: In theory, he won't get tired.
Penny: Using ice plants against him will delay the zombie's explosion countdown.
(Crazy Dave and Penny leave)
This is where Furnace Zombie makes his first appearance. While his ability may sound deadly, he can be easily destroyed by cheap-costing plants such as Puff-shroom. The only actual threat you have to worry are the Buckethead Labor Zombies.
- The small number next to the zombie icon means that zombie will always appear in that lane, with 1 being the topmost lane and 5 being the bottommost one.
|Waves||Non-dynamic zombies||Ambush zombies||Note(s)|
|3||3 4 5||None|
|4||1 4 2||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|5||1 1 2 2 4 4 5 3||None||First flag.|
|6||3 5 1 2||None|
|7||1 3 5 4||None||Carries 1x Plant Food.|
|8||1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4||None|
|9||5 5 5 4 5||None|
|10||2 2 2 2 4 4 4 4 3||None||Final wave.|
- Start off by planting sun producers.
- Try to secure the two entrance sewers, as zombies will immediately go to the third column if left unguarded.
- To deal with Furnace Zombie, just plant something as cheap as a Sunflower on the tile he's at. Since he's bugged to the ground, he may eat the plant instead of exploding.
In hard mode, the player has to defeat leveled-up zombies.
While the zombies here are at level 4, they're easy to kill since the only threatening ones are the Buckethead Labor Zombies and possibly Conehead Labor Zombies. Plants like Cattail should be used to defeat them.
- Try using the strategy you used in normal mode. If it fails, try leveling them up.
- If you don't have enough resources to upgrade the plants used in normal mode, use strong plants like Lily of Alchemy.
- The dialogue talks about the ability Furnace Zombie's supposed to have.