Steam Ages (蒸汽时代, pinyin: zhēngqìshídài) is the 14th world in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2 and third Chinese-exclusive one. Steam Ages takes place in London, England during an unspecified year in the 19th century.
The main gimmick in this world are sewers. Steam sewers will first appear on the lawn with a cover, but after some time, a massive amount of toxic steam will blow and fling out the cover. It will stay on the lawn, making your plants near it take damage continuously. Flat-shroom can be planted on a sewer to make it stop releasing toxic steam for a while, and Lotus Root can absorb the toxic steam. Transportational sewers can transport zombies, similar to Tunnels, but are slower and are able to transport zombies to different lanes.
|4||Choice||Two||Steam Ages lawn mowers|
|5||Two||Special Delivery level|
|Two||Special Delivery level|
|Two||Power Tiles present|
|11||Two||Locked and Loaded level|
|12||Two||Special Delivery level|
|13||Easy mode: Reach 2000 points|
Hard mode: Reach 4200 points
|14||Choice with||Two||Objective: Produce at least 2500 sun|
|15||Choice excluding most free plants and sun-producing plants||One||Last Stand level|
|17||Two||Special Delivery level|
|21||Choice excluding most free plants and sun-producing plants||Two||Last Stand level|
*First time reward other than stars, coins and chests.
- Due to glitches, Steam Ages uses Modern Day's Choose Your Seeds theme, its winning theme, losing theme, and the beginning of its Final Wave theme (when it starts).
- The developers stated that it was supposed to have 24 normal levels like most of the other worlds, but it does not show up due to a coding error.
- A glimpse of the level can be seen here.
- A sign on one of the house's fences in the lawn art reads, "DAVE," implying that it is Crazy Dave's house, and not the player's.
- A boss battle for Steam Ages has yet to be released, but it is shown that it'll be a Zombot piloted by Dr. Zomboss.