Steam Ages (蒸汽时代, pinyin: zhēngqìshídài) is the 14th world in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2 and third Chinese-exclusive one.
The main gimmick in this world is sewers. Steam sewers will first appear on the lawn with a cover, but after some time, a massive amount of toxic steam will blow and blast the cover. It will stay on the lawn, making your plants near it take damage continuously. Flat-shroom can be planted on a sewer to make it stop releasing toxic steam for a while, and Lotus Root can absorb the toxic steam. Transportation sewers can transport zombies, similar to Tunnels, but are slower and are able to transport zombies to different lanes.
This world seems to take place towards the end of the 19th century in London, England, where there are factories around the city that repair machines, as well as trains and generators. It may also possibly take place during the time of the Industrial Revolution or near World War I where weapons seem to be more advanced due to the evolution of engineering. Like Lost City, it may have taken place during the Victorian Era due to the latter’s setting (e.g. the Tower Bridge crossing the River Thames in the lawn’s background) and both worlds containing British-looking zombies.
|4||Choice||Two||Steam Ages lawn mowers|
|5||Two||Special Delivery level|
|Two||Special Delivery level|
|Two||Power Tiles present|
|11||Two||Locked and Loaded level|
|12||Two||Special Delivery level|
|13||Easy mode: Reach 2000 points|
Hard mode: Reach 4200 points
|14||Choice with||Two||Objective: Produce at least 2500 sun|
|15||Choice excluding most free plants and sun-producing plants||One||Last Stand level|
|17||Two||Special Delivery level|
|21||Choice excluding most free plants and sun-producing plants||Two||Last Stand level|
*First time reward other than stars, coins and chests.
- Due to glitches, Steam Ages uses Modern Day's Choose Your Seeds theme, its winning theme, losing theme, and the beginning of its Final Wave theme (when it starts).
- The developers stated that it was supposed to have 24 normal levels like most of the other worlds, but some of those levels do not show up due to a coding error.
- A sign on one of the house's fences in the lawn art reads, "DAVE," implying that it is Crazy Dave's house, and not the player's.
- A boss battle for Steam Ages has yet to be released, but it is shown that it'll be a Zombot piloted by Dr. Zomboss.
- The world preview writes Steam Age instead of Steam Ages. This also happens with Dark Ages which was written as Dark Age. It is unknown why.