- For other uses, see Squash (disambiguation).
Squash is a single-use Premium plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2. When Squash spots a zombie in an area near him, he will jump up high before smashing the target, dealing 1800 damage per shot worth of damage to any enemy on the tile Squash lands on.
- For more information about this character, see Squash.
Squash returns as a premium plant available for purchase at $2.99. From August 25th to September 1st, 2015, his price was changed to 159 gems. He was available again with the same amount of gems like before from September 17, 2016 to September 22, 2016. On March 16, 2017, Squash became available for 100 gems permanently.
Squash's detection range has been increased to one tile both forward and backward, and the unique effect on defeated enemies did not make a return. In addition, he has a priority of zombies behind him.
Note: The stats shown below only apply to Level 1.
SUN COST: 50
SPECIAL: Zombies Smashed
Squashes will smash the first zombie that gets close.
Usage: more smashes with higher plant level
Area: all zombies around target
Squash is actually his stage name. His birth name was Tracy.
Plant Food effect
When given Plant Food, Squash smashes two random targets before returning to his original position. The last move is also counted as a smash and will deal damage to enemies on Squash's tile. In addition, his smash count is reset, allowing him to smash multiple times again, if he has been upgraded to do so.
Squash now targets three random zombies on the screen instead of two.
When boosted by Enforce-mint, Squash will squash zombies three times, and will target seven groups of zombies with his plant food effect.
|Sun Cost|| Recharge|
| Plant Food Power|
|1||0||0||50||20 seconds||15 seconds||One||Two||Close|
|2||10||1,000||50||19 seconds||14 seconds||Three|
|3||25||2,500||50||18 seconds||13 seconds||Two|
|4||50||5,000||50||17 seconds||12 seconds||Four|
|5||100||10,000||50||15 seconds||11 seconds|
|6||200||20,000||50||14 seconds||10 seconds||Five|
|7||400||30,000||25||13 seconds||9 seconds|
|8||800||50,000||25||12 seconds||8 seconds||Six|
|9||1,200||75,000||25||11 seconds||7 seconds||Three|
|10||1,600||100,000||25||10 seconds||5 seconds||Seven|
Compared to the version in the first game, Squash has been hit with a severe reduction in his usefulness. The increased detection radius is a blessing on paper, but actually a curse in practice, as this means Squash will always prioritize the target behind him regardless of the player's intention. In other words, there will be situations when Squash will target the headless corpse one tile behind him, instead of a more dangerous zombie right next to him and potentially cause the loss of a level (only applies if a zombie is near to the player's house but there are no lawn mowers on a lane or levels with flowers). Squash also faces great competition for his task, due to the advent of other low cooldown and cheap instant-use plants such as Lava Guava, Primal Potato Mine and Ghost Pepper.
At level 3 and above, Squash will be able to squash more zombies. It will squash a zombie, before jumping back to its original position and allowing it to squash again. The return jump count as an attack and will deal damage to any zombies near it. With this, it is possible to defeat even a Jurassic Gargantuar without letting it throw its Imp by placing a single Squash on top of it - the Squash will attack the Gargantuar, then jump back to its starting position, dealing two hits to the Gargantuar and killing it while the Gargantuar continuously tries to smash it. Even if the first attack hits a zombie behind, the return jump and the following attack will be enough to destroy the Gargantuar.
However, avoid placing Squash in front of the tileless area on Pirate Seas with the water tiles level as this is because there will be a chance that if a zombie happens to land on that area, Squash will miss the zombie and drop to the sea. The same applies with Big Wave Beach. If Squash attempts to mash a zombie on a water tile, the zombie will die, but he will be lost underwater. This happens whether or not there is a Lily Pad on the tile in question.
Also, avoid using Squash against Imp Cannon (unless with power up) as the Imp Cannon normally located at water tile area there and will only release one zombie at a time which is ineffective for Squash due to the fact of it being able to squash it with limited chances.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Squash (PvZ2).
- In the Plants vs. Zombies 2 trailer, the milk carton in the fridge Crazy Dave opened said that he was missing.
- He has a tendency to target stronger zombies with his plant food effect. For example, he can squash the Cardio Zombie multiple times due to his high health.
- The zombie that he is targeting will always be hit, even if the zombie switches lanes, or is blown back to the ninth column. He will only miss if the zombie is killed too early.
- Interestingly, is the player plants a Blover when a Squash targets any flying zombie, the Squash will chase it off-screen. Also, if he targets the flying zombie with plant food effect, he will first chase it off-screen before returning to the lawn.
- When he leaves his tile to attack a zombie, gravestones can spawn on his tile. However, if he returns to the tombstone, he will not crush it.
- From August 13 to August 18 of 2015, he competed against Imitater for which plant should be a gem premium plant for a limited time.
- In Big Wave Beach, if he squashes a zombie that is in the water, then he will destroy the zombie but both the Squash and the zombie will disappear. This also happens in Sky City, due to all of the levels taking place in the air.
- On March 16, 2017, he became one of 5 premium plants to be permanently purchasable with 100 gems, along with Hypno-shroom, Pea-nut, Jalapeno and Shrinking Violet.
- He cannot be killed by Gargantuar's smash, All-Star Zombie's tackle or MC Zom-B's microphone (unless in a different lane). He can only be killed by Zombie King and the ranged abilities of other zombies.
- He can sometimes be killed by Barrel Roller Zombie and Surfer Zombie's surfboard, as he uses a plant-replacement coding which can somehow destroy Squash mid-air.
- If he targets one zombie or more, he cannot be fed with Plant Food.
- If placed on a Boost Tile and activates their Plant Food, due to his Plant Food making him repeatingly change tiles until he arrives back, Squash will thus repeat his Plant Food over and over again until the Boost Tile loses its charge.
Specific to Plants vs. Zombies Online
- He can only be used in a special Daily Event mode, unless one purchases him for 150 gems.
- He costs 125 sun in this game.