Split Pea is a colossal super-rare plant card in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes and a member of the Mega-Grow class. It cost 2 to play and have 4/1. It has no traits, and it's ability does 1 damage to the plant hero before the initial combat. This ability stacks with each Split Pea on the field and persists until all Split Peas are removed from the field.
The description references Split Pea's second head.
- Class: Mega-Grow
- Tribe: Pea Plant
- Traits: None
- Ability: Before combat here: This does 1 damage to the Plant Hero.
- Set - Rarity: Colossal - Super-Rare
"All I wanted in life was to get ahead. But it kinda grew on me. How to face the future? I'm of two minds."
- Added to the game.
Split Pea is slightly similar to Wild Berry, a glass cannon for a very low cost of 2 but also with a drawback. For Split Pea, the drawback is that they do 1 damage to you before combat. Of course, this only applies during the fight phrase and all Mega-Grow heroes have access to bonus attack cards, so this should not be a very big problem if one can manage their health.
Split Pea can work wonders in most situations as a low-cost card with surprisingly high damage to either get the early advantage at the start of a match, or to provide ample strength for minimal cost later in the game. Additionally, the damage dealt to yourself does charge your Super-Block Meter so if your strategy requires some clever manipulation of it, then there's no doubt using it.
If your health is very low, do not use this plant, especially when you have only 1 health - Unless you can win the game with that there is no reason in depoying it. Since the ability activates before combat, the zombie hero will win the game easily due to this.
Since they are a pea plant, they can be paired with Torchwood to increase their strength by 2, or get boosted by The Podfather's ability. Also, the value of self-damage is static in all cases, and will remain at 1.
To prevent the 1 damage from happening to you, you can play a Body-Gourd to instantly fill your Super-Block Meter to full so that you can instantly block the 1 damage. You can also have a Soul Patch on the field to prevent the 1 damage from happening to you. Only Grass Knuckles can do this normally.
Split Pea is a very powerful plant in the early stages of a match and should be disposed of as soon as possible. Fortunately, their low health makes them susceptible to many cheap tricks such as Bungee Plumber and Nibble, as well as zombie abilities from Pied Piper and Conga Zombie. If your opponent is at 1 health and has less than 5 charges in their Super-Block Meter, it is not recommended to destroy this plant, as they can easily defeat your opponent with their ability.
- Despite them doing 4 damage to the zombies and only 1 damage to the plant hero, Split Pea's animation shows the Repeater head firing at the plant hero while the Peashooter head fires at the zombies.
- However, that may be because that is exactly how Split Pea looks like and attacks in the previous games.
- Ironically, in the original PVZ, Split Pea claims that it does not have two heads, but rather, a single head and a head-like growth on the back.
- It is one of two plants that can hurt the plant hero. The other plant that can do this is Galacta Cactus