FANDOM


For other uses, see Split Pea (disambiguation).

Split Pea is a peashooting plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2 that is the combination of a forward-facing Peashooter and a backward-facing Repeater (without the dark green leaves), similar to conjoined twins. It is the first Wild West plant obtained in, being obtained after beating Wild West - Day 1. Split Peas are great for repelling zombies capable of doing surprise attacks from which they can bypass the plants from behind, as the back head deals twice the amount of damage of the front head.

Almanac entry

Note: The stats shown below only apply to Level 1.

Split Pea

SUN COST: 125
RECHARGE: 5

TOUGHNESS: 300
DAMAGE: 20

RANGE: Front & Back
PLANT FOOD POWER: Duration

FAMILY: Appease-mint

Split Peas shoot peas forward and backwards.

Firing Speed: 1x forward, 2x backwards

"It's my turn with the eyebrows," said Frontie. "Fine, we'll split them," said Backie. Sprouted two minutes apart, their eyebrow war is eternal.


Upgrades

Plants vs. Zombies 2

Plant Food effect

Split PeaPF

Plant Food ability (animated)

When fed Plant Food, Split Pea shoots 60 peas forward and 90 peas plus one giant pea that deals 600 damage backward. It is essentially the same two Plant Food effects of Peashooter (forwards) and Repeater (backwards) combined, the two plants that it fuses.

Costumed (China only)

Plant Food ability can shoot 60 peas each head, then finally a giant fire pea (forward head) and big snow pea (backward head, 600 damage).

Appease-mint effect

When boosted by Appease-mint, Split Pea will receive an additional 175 DPS to both its forward and backward peas.

Level upgrade

Level Seed Packets Coins Upgrades
Sun Cost Recharge
(Fast)
Toughness
(Typical)
Damage*
(Moderate)
Projectile
Velocity
Plant Food Power
(Damage*)
Range
1 0 0 125 5 seconds 300 dps 20 dps Normal 20 dps Front & Back
2 3 50 125 4.5 seconds 350 dps 25 dps
3 10 200 125 4.5 seconds 400 dps 30 dps
4 25 1,500 125 4.5 seconds 450 dps 35 dps
5 50 2,000 125 4 seconds 500 dps 40 dps +1.6x
6 75 3,000 125 4 seconds 550 dps 45 dps
7 100 4,000 100 4 seconds 600 dps 50 dps 25 dps
8 125 5,000 100 4 seconds 650 dps 55 dps
9 175 6,000 100 4 seconds 700 dps 60 dps
10 225 8,000 100 3.5 seconds 750 dps 65 dps
11 300 10,000 100 3.5 seconds 800 dps 70 dps
12 350 15,000 100 3.5 seconds 850 dps 75 dps
13 350 20,000 75 3.5 seconds 900 dps 80 dps +2.2x
14 400 25,000 75 3.5 seconds 85 dps
15 450 30,000 75 3 seconds 90 dps
16 500 35,000 75 3 seconds 95 dps 30 dps
17 550 40,000 75 3 seconds 100 dps
18 600 45,000 75 3 seconds 105 dps
19 700 50,000 75 3 seconds 110 dps
20 800 55,000 50 2.5 seconds 110 dps

*Per projectile.

Level upgrade (China only)

Level Upgrades Description
LevelIcon2New Split Pea Upgrade 1
Icy Pea
Split Pea has a 40% chance to attack with a snow pea backwards.
CombatTrainingIcon
Combat Training
Split Pea gains 50% more attack power and health (150% of initial).
LevelIcon3New Split Pea Upgrade 2
Flaming Pea
Split Pea gains 40% chance to attack with a snow pea backwards and a 60% chance to shoot a fire pea forward.
CellActivationIcon
Cell Activation
Split Pea gains another 50% more attack power and health (200% of initial).
LevelIcon4New AbilityAwakendIcon
Ability Awaken
Split Pea may be boosted when planted.
FightingPowerIcon
Fighting Power
Split Pea gains another 50% more attack power and health (250% of initial).


Plants vs. Zombies Online (China only) (Archived content)

In Adventure Mode

Attacks two targets by firing peas at them.

Strategies

The Split Pea is a counter against the Prospector Zombie in this game, although they can only be reliably used for that on levels with lower concentrations of them, due to lack of splash damage. However, Winter Melons, Snow Peas, Cold Snapdragons, and Iceberg Lettuce can cool down the Prospector Zombie's dynamite reliably and thus preventing it from causing any damage at all, while clusters of Phat Beets can be used to destroy large amounts of them, if placed in the second column. While the Split Pea might seem useless at this point, the Winter Melon may be too busy taking care of other zombies and its chilling effect may fail to reach the Prospector Zombie, or it may cost too much at the given moment, giving them a chance to slip past your defenses. This is where the Split Pea comes in handy, as it gives you a margin of error when you fail to chill all zombies with the Winter Melons. It can also be used against Zombie Bull Riders as well, but you are better off using a Tall-nut to block Zombie Bulls and Spikerocks in the third column along with a strong frontwards offense against Wild West Gargantuars. Split Peas can also be effective to the pterodactyl, but Perfume-shroom can be used otherwise. It can be useful against Jetpack Zombies, as they will simply fly over the Split Pea, allowing the back head to attack, though if there are too many, you can still use a Blover or a Hurrikale. Split Peas are also useful against Jester Zombies, as they cannot block projectiles from behind.

Split Pea can also be used in creative ways, using Sweet Potato or Hot Date, Garlic, and slider tiles to redirect zombies so that zombies will be hurt by the back head, which will deal twice the damage of the front head. Split Pea can also be used against Wizard Zombies, Shield Zombies, Hunter Zombies, Excavator Zombies and Octo Zombies as they cannot attack behind them and are thus vulnerable from behind.

Vasebreaker

Split Pea plays a major role in the Vasebreaker mini-games as it replaces the role of backwards-facing Repeaters. It appears in the levels: "To the Left" and "Vasebreaker Endless". In the intro level "To the Left", Split Peas are the only ranged shooting plants and therefore should be planted at the far right columns, which are specifically left empty to highlight the purpose of Split Peas.

In Vasebreaker Endless, however, five Split Peas are given for each level alongside some Repeaters, Threepeaters, Bonk Choys, Wall-nuts, and Potato Mines; therefore it is very important to plan an effective tactic before planting. One can be enough for clearing a lane of Basic Zombies and Conehead Zombies. Other plants should be used alongside with it to maximize its power and defeat Buckethead Zombies and Vase Gargantuars. While they should nearly always be planted at the far right side of the lawn to use its Repeater fire rate, it can also planted on the left and be used like a regular Peashooter in dire situations.

Gallery

Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Split Pea (PvZ2).
Split Pea2
Visit this page to see it.
Split Pea2

Trivia

  • In Plants vs. Zombies, the Peashooter's head is bigger than the Repeater's head. However, in Plants vs. Zombies 2, both heads are more or less the same size.
  • The Split pea's front head resembles the Peashooter, while the back head resembles the Repeater's face.
  • The two heads are now separate plants restricted to one body, instead of one head with a head-like growth.
  • In Wild West - Day 8, only eleven Split Peas are allowed on the lawn.
  • The player can use it in Vasebreaker Endless before Wild West - Day 1.
  • Its costume in the Chinese version is a reference to the movie Dumb and Dumber, where Lloyd wears an orange suit and top hat and Harry wears a blue suit and top hat to a gala.
  • Its first costume is a reference to the shoulder angel and devil, two stock characters that try to dictate a character's actions, the angel representing conscience and the devil representing temptation.
  • This is the only Pea Plant whose projectiles (only from the back head) cannot be blocked by Excavator Zombie or reflected by Jester Zombie.
  • Unlike in the first game, the Repeater head will attack a little bit after Peashooter's head when both of them are attacking.

See also

V · T · E
Plants (Tower defense)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.