Spinnapple (旋转菠萝; pinyin: xuánzhuǎn bōluó) is the seventh and final plant of Sky City in the Chinese version of Plants vs. Zombies 2. He is the flying equivalent of Wall-nut, and is also capable of reflecting Zombie Fighter's projectiles.
Spinnapple is based on pineapple
His name comes from "spin", reffering to his spinning leaves and "pineapple", the plant he's based on.
Sun cost: 75
Spinnapple can stop zombies from advancing, and can deflect bullets via self-rotation.
Special: His spin can bounce bullets.
Plant feature: yellow plant, tornado family, flying plantIn order to realize the dream of flying into the sky, Spinnapple found inspiration from the cartoons he saw in his childhood: He transformed the leaves on his head into a copter hoping that he could fly freely in the sky. As we have seen, such a whimsical idea actually worked! But the side effect is obvious: He had to follow the rotation at regular intervals in order to offset part of the leaves' pressure.
Plant Food effect
When fed with Plant Food, Spinnapple spins and collects all the bullets from zombies in 3x1 area. Then, he flings them back at enemies.
The reflecting is spread out and hits random zombies.
This plant is very useful in Sky City because of his ability to fly and reflect bullets. You should use him the same way as using Wall-nut, but plant him in the sky instead. You can also use him to block Zombie Fighter's bullets to save your other airborne plants. However, using him in other worlds is not reccomended, as Spinnapple has a slightly higher sun cost than Wall-nut and his Plant Food effect is completely useless when not used against Zombie Fighter except for Spinnapple healing, while Wall-nut's Plant Food doubles his health.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Spinnapple.
- He went through a major redesign in version 1.6.2. However, his level up icons and PvP advertisement still show his old design.
- Before the 1.6.2. update, he reflected bullets by spinning around. Now, he bounces them back by inflating.
- Previously, his Almanac stats were the same as Saucer Squash's, even though they were incorrect.
- Spinnapple has three different English names. This trait is shared with Ampthurium, Aspiragus, Board Beans, Cycloque, Lantern Cherry, and Saucer Squash.
- Rotating Pineapple is the translation of its Chinese name.
- Pineapple is the English name given to it in the Sky City trailer.
- Spinnapple is the official name provided by Colorful Wish, an elite player that works closely with PopCap Shanghai to get better contact with international players.
- "In order to realize the dream of flying into the sky, Pineapple found inspiration from the cartoons it saw in its childhood," seen in its Almanac entry, hints a Japanese anime which is famous in China—Doraemon.
- And as a matter of fact, "bamboo dragonfly" is actually called Hopter in the cartoon. It is one of Doraemon's gadgets that can help people fly in the sky, which Pineapple's leaves are similar to.