- For other uses, see Spikerock (disambiguation).
Spikerock is a plant in Plants vs. Zombies 2. He does double the damage of a normal Spikeweed and can be punctured/smashed up to three times. He is a passive attacking plant, dealing high damage to any zombie that walks on him. He usually deals five attacks to every normal speed zombie that passes unimpeded over him. Since the Spikerock attacks from below, he bypasses shields.
In this game, Spikerock is no longer an upgrade plant and is unlocked after finishing Pirate Seas - Day 18. The Spikerock now costs 250 sun. Spikerock absorbs three rolling objects and his appearance changes after one rolling object, and two rolling objects before being crushed at three rolling objects. He loses one of his large spikes each time he's rolled over. He will damage zombies at ten normal damage shots per a Basic Zombie's speed. He will automatically destroy a barrel from a Barrel Roller Zombie and kill a Pianist Zombie by destroying them. Also, when a Gargantuar smashes a Spikerock, he also degrades. It takes three smashes for a Gargantuar to kill him.
Note: The stats shown below only apply to Level 1.
SUN COST: 250
Spikerocks destroy multiple rolling zombies and damage zombies that walk over it.
Special: can't be eaten by the zombies
Weakness: can take three hits from rolling zombies
Being the most metal plant, Spikerock has decided to hold his ultimate metal plant concert at Madison Rock Garden. Tickets have been sold out for many harvests.
Plant Food effect
When fed Plant Food, he temporarily fills the row with other spikes poking up from the ground and pulls zombies to where the Spikerock is. This does 1440 damage per shot for 4.5 seconds. Like the Spikeweed, the secondary spikes can destroy rolling objects and damage zombies being pulled towards the Spikerock. When in effect, if the Spikerock is in a minecart, the minecart cannot be moved.
|Sun Cost|| Recharge|
|1||0||0||250||5 seconds||300 dps||20 dps||Tile|
|2||10||1,000||225||350 dps||30 dps|
|3||75||5,000||200||400 dps||40 dps|
|4||200||10,000||175||450 dps||50 dps|
|5||400||20,000||175||550 dps||60 dps|
|6||750||30,000||150||600 dps||70 dps|
|7||1,000||40,000||150||650 dps||80 dps|
|8||1,250||50,000||125||700 dps||90 dps|
|9||1,500||60,000||125||800 dps||100 dps|
|10||2,000||75,000||100||900 dps||100 dps|
Note: Spikerock cannot be upgraded to level 4.
His Plant Food ability can now stun zombies.
Using slowing plants like Snow Pea, Winter Melon, or Sap-fling can provide a great damage increase to ones Spikerocks, because zombies will be walking over them for twice the amount of time. Kernel-pult can also be a good option because of his stun. Using other immobilizing plants like Stunion, Chili Bean and Iceberg Lettuce, then planting Spikerock under the affected zombies is also very effective.
Planting defensive plants behind Spikerock is another good idea, as zombies will stop to eat the defensive plant while taking damage from the Spikerock.
Spikerocks are a great way to stop the zombie horde as peashooting plants alone are only capable of dealing with zombies that are in the front lines. This, along with the Winter Melon or Melon-pult, Coconut Cannon, and Tall-nut or Wall-nut can immediately hold off massive zombie incursions, especially in Dead Man's Booty because he will stop Imp Cannons from detonating. However, it is not advised to bring him when Gargantuar Pirates or Barrel Roller Zombies come into greater concentrations.It is advised to use Spear-mint to generate Spikerock as it generates higher level spikerock for free, while also temporarily boosting it.
In Neon Mixtape Tour, Spikerock is a good choice against Punk Zombies, Glitter Zombies, MC Zom-Bs and Boombox Zombies, since they all have low health and can get whittled down by Spikerock quite easily, but beware of Arcade Zombies and Hair Metal Gargantuar.
In Endless Zones, Spikerock is a good way to deal with Imps thrown from Gargantuars. One can place Spikerocks in the third column, and when a Gargantuar throws his Imp, they'll land on the Spikerocks, only to take damage and get defeated. Spikerocks can also be used to hold off hordes of early zombies while ones sun production is being built up.
In Big Bad Butte, the player can use Spikerocks to stall Wild West Gargantuars by placing them in minecarts through the use of dragging up or down. Also, it serves as a temporary block-off against Zombie Chickens (although this may have to require manipulating more than one minecart).
Spikerock is by far the most effecive counter to Hamsterballs, as it can instantly destroy three of them before needing to be planted. It is also very useful with Imp Pear, as Imp cannot survive a single Spikerock.
It is not advised to use Spikerocks against Troglobites, Arcade Zombies and Excavator Zombies, as the former can instantly kill him by pushing ice blocks or arcade machines onto his square, and the latter will shovel him up without stepping on him.
Spikerock is very useful for levels where you have to not let zombies trample the flowers, as planting them on the flowers will make it so that the zombies can't trample the flowers. However, the flowers have to be on the tile for this to work, instead of being in between columns. The same thing occurs with Spikeweed, Celery Stalker, and Cactus.
Plants vs. Zombies Wiki has a gallery for Spikerock (PvZ2).
- His Almanac entry says his body is made of metal, even though he is called the Spikerock. Plus, his health has changed from nine times being rolled over and/or smashed by a Gargantuar to three times being rolled over and/or Gargantuar smashes. This is actually ironic because metal is normally more resistant than rocks (nine times). The Almanac also says his toughness is Typical, despite the fact that he can't be eaten by zombies in normal way (bite). Additionally, he can take three hits from a Gargantuar, much higher than most other plants, including some whose their toughness can be stated as Elevated, High or Very High.
- He makes a different sound when stepped on by a zombie. The sound is similar to air being leaked out of a bag.
- Before the 2.7 update, exiting and entering a level would allow all Spikerocks on screen to become almost indestructible and be able take repetitive smashes from Gargantuars.
- He cannot pop Imp Cannon's wheels or Shield Zombie's treads, but can normally damage them, as long as they are stepping on the Spikerock.
- This is because they are made of wood & metal not rubber like regular car tyres.
- He also can't destroy Cardio Zombies treadmills, this is because they are made of metal, the treadmill will crush the spikerock instantly.
- He can not destroy ice blocks or arcade Machines, he will be crushed by them.
- Unlike Spikeweed, his costume disappears when he hurts a zombie normally. However, this was fixed in the 4.6 update.
- He can now be planted on Lily Pads.
- However, if the player plants him on a Lily Pad and the water comes in, the zombies are going to eat the Lily Pad, ignoring the Spikerock, making the player lose 275 sun.
- He can instantly destroy pianos, despite the fact that they do not have any visible wheels. This also happens to Spikeweed and Cactus.
- Hair Metal Gargantuar's shockwave can instantly kill him, regardless of his current degrade level.
- Using Plant Food on him will not replenish his spikes, this could be a glitch.
- He is voiced by Taz the Dog according to the credits.
- He, along with Nightshade and Red Stinger, are the only three plants that cannot be repaired with Wall-nut First Aid, despite visually degrading.
Specific to the Chinese version
- His costume will affect his Plant Food by making the duration of the Spikerock bringing zombies to him longer, and when the zombies are pulled to the Spikerock, he will make the zombies dizzy and confused and eat their allies, similar to Hypno-shroom and Spikeweed's Chinese costume effect.
- He cannot be healed by Heavenly Peach.